What's new

Seaworld, Orlando | Empire of the Penguin

marc

CF Legend
Re: Empire of the Penguin | Seaworld, Orlando

I like the look of it, but it's means I will have to go back to that horrid park lol.

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmsIrr427mw[/youtube]

So, it looks like this is Seaworld's effort at a Spiderman/Transformers/DarKastle type of ride experience. I do like the fact that it's track-less, so to speak. Also the fact that you can view other people yet experience something different is a pretty nice idea too.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Funnily enough, that's how they work. There's actually hired midgets operating the car like a parade float.

Lofty

CF Legend
I personally think Seaworld just needs new flat rides. There's nothing. They have their few coasters, couple of dark rides and shows. Near enough NOTHING of a flat ride type..

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Lofty said:
I personally think Seaworld just needs new flat rides. There's nothing. They have their few coasters, couple of dark rides and shows. Near enough NOTHING of a flat ride type..
Orlando is known for not having many flats. There's Dr.Doom, Dumbo and a few other little flats. Good point though.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh Sea World was never about rides, they have only been added over the past 10 years.

I went there before there were any rides and loved the park, but they added rides and failed to keep the rest of the park up to date.

The park just needs new building and modernising which they seem to be doing now.

Flat rides in Orlando always have huge queues they just cannot cope with the number of visitors. Astro Flyers at the MK has over 2 hour queues as do the tea cups and Dumbo. It's just not a good idea to get flats that have low through put. In order to get the queues down they just run stupid short cycles.

Lofty

CF Legend
marc said:
Tbh Sea World was never about rides, they have only been added over the past 10 years.

I went there before there were any rides and loved the park, but they added rides and failed to keep the rest of the park up to date.

The park just needs new building and modernising which they seem to be doing now.

Flat rides in Orlando always have huge queues they just cannot cope with the number of visitors. Astro Flyers at the MK has over 2 hour queues as do the tea cups and Dumbo. It's just not a good idea to get flats that have low through put. In order to get the queues down they just run stupid short cycles.
Yeah, but NOW, the park is based on it's rides and animal enclosures in a combined attempt to attract people, this is my point, they need more to cater for the large amounts of people they have. There are some large scale flat rides that can eat through huge capacities in once cycle.

Nic

Strata Poster
Fairly interesting article that reveals a few more details about the ride. For example, it apparently all centers around "an animated gentoo penguin named Puck". Yeah. The article goes on to discuss a recent change of direction for Orland's attractions, and what impact this ride may have upon the trend. It also includes a wonderfully arrogant quote from Disney. Awesome.

http://skift.com/2013/05/20/orlando-the ... ttraction/

Lofty

CF Legend
So half of the ride is sashaying around in a room with **** CGI and sparkly lights, waiting for the latter cars to catch up. The second half is a normal simulator followed by a glimpse at penguins stood bored in a tiny enclosure?

Yeah, I know I didn't expect much, but Seaworld surprise me yet again…

michaellll

Mega Poster
They took away the tank where they would swim? I guess I should have assumed this from the beginning.

That was seriously one of the best parts of their animal exhibits...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Wow, that looks like proper ****.

And the woman bursting into song at the end just topped it off, typical Orlando :p