What's new

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi | Manta | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster | 2023

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The coaster looks fantastic, but hard to miss the slightly ropey looking theming elements outside! :D

I've heard that Manta rides like Velocicoaster Jr, which I would suggest is a good thing! Would love to get on this one myself.

Indy

Hyper Poster
This layout looks truly outstanding. It's way more rambunctious-looking than I expected and I love the numerous close interactions with theming. The environment will really lend itself to the theming as well, because the summer humidity will make you feel like you're under water.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn't even realise until just now that there were coasters being built there.

Matt N

CF Legend
Manta looks like great fun! It’s probably a bit more intense, but it looks a bit like an enhanced version of Cheetah Hunt, in my view! That’s probably a slightly strange comparison, but I do get “Cheetah Hunt” vibes from the POVs I’ve seen…

The rest of the park also looks absolutely beautiful, in my view. It’s quite evident that money was no object here, as the theming throughout the park looks incredible in all of the videos I’ve seen, and the scale of the aquariums and tanks looks nothing short of mind-blowing!

I’ve also heard reports that Manta’s theming is nowhere near finished. I actually read that the outdoor theming is only 25% complete, but don’t quote me on that.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Definitely more packed into Manta's layout than I thought! Impressive how quickly this thing has taken shape, as it was still footers and a few trifles of theming when I was there in January.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Just got on this today. Walk on so went for front and back row rides.

It's really fun! No real drops and the launches don't pack much of a punch, but there's a lot of real ejector airtime and some great inversions.

The theming works pretty well when you're on the ride, gives you some fun near miss elements.

Only downsides were that it's very much a family coaster (with some surprising inversions) so it's not that fast or intense at all, and it's already surprisingly rough in a few places, especially on the turnaround furthest from the station, there's a real jolt there.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
By all accounts it's incredible. Really excited to see more experiences like these pop up.
It really is absolutely amazing. We went in with no idea what to expect, didn't even know there was a ride there. A staff member just stood in the entrance being like "hey, why not give this a go".

Were blown away tbh. The screens aren't 100% the best quality, but the movement and sheer size of the thing is amazing, would love to see what Universal or Disney could do with one.