What's new

Scare attractions & Halloween events Autumn 2021

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Hi all just thought I'd start a post after last years slim pickings - Which events do you KNOW are running this year, any new ones? and Lists or good resources? which ones are you planning on this year?

Will

Strata Poster
I'll probably do Burton Screamfest this year as it's my most local, though I've just found out that Insomnia isn't returning this year, which is upsetting as that's one of my favourites.

Twinlakes one is a possibility, though I refuse to do it when it's busy because batching goes to pot and it's just ****.
They've also said two rides, so maybe the cred is open? :)

I went to Doncaster Fear Factory for a few years ago, which was awesome, so might try to get back up there, though it's a rather burdenous trek.

...and of course, hoping to get to Tulley's with CF, because I've not been there in a LONG time and it's fab.

Last edited:
I'll probably do Burton Screamfest this year as it's my most local, though I've just found out that Insomnia isn't returning this year, which is upsetting as that's one of my favourites.

Twinlakes one is a possibility, though I refuse to do it when it's busy because batching goes to pot and it's just ****.
They've also said two rides, so maybe the cred is open? :)

I went to Doncaster Fear Factory for a few years ago, which was awesome, so might try to get back up there, though it's a rather burdenous trek.

...and of course, hoping to get to Tulley's with CF, because I've not been there in LONG time and it's fab.
Hopefully see u in my hometown Doncaster

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Hi all just thought I'd start a post after last years slim pickings - Which events do you KNOW are running this year, any new ones? and Lists or good resources? which ones are you planning on this year?
ScareTOUR is always on top of listing which events are running and which aren't. Pretty much the most reliable source for news/reviews from the scare attraction industry, though Parks Scares and Glitter, Scare Directory and Scare Track are also worth checking out.

With regards to events i'm visiting... Oh boy too many!

Scare Kingdom, Fear Avon Valley, Dr Frights Halloween Nights, Walsall Scare Maze, Mansion (Electric Goldfish), Doncaster Fear Factory, Spooky World, Farmaggedon, The Howl, Tulleys Shocktoberfest, Scream Fields, Terror Island, Kent Scare Grounds, Halloween Scream at Hever Castle. Probably a whole lot more, but alas my schedule is pretty full already. Haha that's the thing that sucks about being a scare enthusiast, events don't run long enough and you run out of time to fit them all in!

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
The most wonderful time of the year is fast approaching! My current schedule includes the following:

Tulley's Shocktoberfest
Thorpe Park Fright Nights
The Howl,
FEAR at Avon Valley
Howloscream
Alton Towers Scarefest
Hallowscream
Farmaggedon
Howl'O'Ween
Dr Frights Halloween Nights
Horror at Hinchingbrooke House
Frightmare Over Farm
PrimEVIL

Basically I had two weeks booked off to go to America and do spooky ****, but that's not happening any more for obvious reasons so I'm staying here and doing spooky **** instead!

Ellie

Roller Poster
My favourite time of the year 🎃👻🧙‍♀️☠️ 🦇 Yay!!!
I’ve got Scare Kingdom booked for the 31st. And AT Scarefest booked for the 17th.
And then I’m also hoping to get to Xtreme Scream, Screamfest Resurrected & Dr Frights Halloween Nights.
There’s loads more I wanna do, but I only have so much money & October isn’t long enough lol!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Fever (the event booking site) has a number of spooky walks/tours listed for the next couple months if you love in or around London

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Just a couple for me this year- Thorpe in mid October and Tully's Farm the week after. Hopefully that'll do the trick!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I know Shepton Mallet prison are doing an event this year for anyone in or near the west country.

And Blackpool are slowly revealing their plans for spooky overlays, about time they upped their Halloween game!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
'Bunker below' at Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker, 22-31st Oct

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I'm going to be working at Tulleys this year so will get at least one run through as a guest (its 5 minutes down the road from me).
I also will be going to Scarecon:Aftershock at Thorpe. I have to admit i miss Scarefest

Will

Strata Poster
Don't think anyone's mentioned it and I doubt I'll make it up there myself, but I remember Spooky World near Warrington being a giggle a few years back - though that may have been because I vaguely remember taking a liking to one of the actors in the Haunting.

Will

Strata Poster
Doncaster Fear Factory and Burton Screamfest now booked for next week :D

Petrol has picked a very inconvenient time to become very expensive.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^After getting back from a ten day tour of the UK I can confirm that weirdly petrol is cheapest down south. I have no idea why.

Fear Factory was weird, we saw an actor beat up a guest so that was nice.