What's new

Sand Blaster at Daytona Beach Derails!

Pear

Strata Poster
Riders fall more than 30 feet after roller coaster derails in Daytona Beach; 6 hurt

wo people were hurt after falling more than 30 feet and 10 people had to be rescued after a roller coaster at the Boardwalk in Daytona Beach derailed, according to the fire department.

Four other people were also taken to the hospital. Their conditions are unknown.

The coaster derailed and riders were “hanging,” the department said.

“DB Firefighters are working as fast as they can to rescue 2 riders that are in a dangling roller coaster car,” the department tweeted.

DfsdnZwVMAEiRvz.png

DfsYi2CU8AA0VTJ.png

Source

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I decided to look it up on RCDB, and was quite shocked to see that the ride opened in 2013. Such a new ride shouldn't have accidents like that!

...I initially thought. Then I saw its operating history. The coaster has been thrown from park to park since 1971 or '72. It's not a second-hand ride, it's a sixth-hand ride. An old Pinfari Zyklon, about as pleasant as the infamous gas of the same name. These rides must have some amazing endurance, being around for so long, but hopefully they will start to leave circulation soon. Wonder how many more of these old rust buckets are still around, and how many more accidents will happen before they are all scrapped.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
****ing Chinese pos parks. Dangerous as hell ;)

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I think the Python at Cincinnati's Coney Island (the park's only rollercoaster) is a Zyklon, right?
I decided to look it up on RCDB, and was quite shocked to see that the ride opened in 2013. Such a new ride shouldn't have accidents like that!

...I initially thought. Then I saw its operating history. The coaster has been thrown from park to park since 1971 or '72. It's not a second-hand ride, it's a sixth-hand ride. An old Pinfari Zyklon, about as pleasant as the infamous gas of the same name. These rides must have some amazing endurance, being around for so long, but hopefully they will start to leave circulation soon. Wonder how many more of these old rust buckets are still around, and how many more accidents will happen before they are all scrapped.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Only ever ridden one of these... the aptly named "Montaña Rusa" at Tivoli World. Not even manufactured by Pinfari either, it was some Pinfari knock off! Probably all as dangerous(?) as each other anyway...