• Vortex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rush

Giga Poster
I wonder what I'm putting..... :roll:

Rush does what it says on the tin, it gives me a Rush. I love the feeling of insecurity on it and the restraints I find extremely comfortable. I for one like the sound of the air tanks as it adds a character to it, it is saying that it's big, bold and dominating which it does in my opinion for that corner of the park. I do think however that maybe Rush would have suited another area of the park, maybe Amity Cove. The ride is short but I determine a rush as being a short burst of excitement and adrenaline and that is what Rush does to me.

Vortex I think is an average ride and it is not on-par compared with Rush. I think that it is a very photogenic ride and is prettier than Rush. It's area is probably better as well as the atmosphere. The one thing that lets Vortex down in my opinion is its bottom swing. Getting it just ruins the ride experience for me however what I do like about Vortex is the delight of getting the top swing as well. I think overall Vortex is also the more intense ride.

The queuelines also make an impact for me. Vortex has the foliage and the music but I can't stand waiting in it. It makes me feel sick and is often swarmed with wasps and is generally a place where a lot of litter can be found. Rush's queueline is simple but it is entertaining watching peoples' expressions on it which really adds to its intimidation. I generally find Rush's queueline tidier than Vortex's as well.

Whereas Vortex may have the atmosphere and the intensity, I much prefer Rush because of its insecurity and the fact that I find it so much more fun than Vortex.

So no, I'm not going to bother to brace my self for the dire-clonic bores of the aging Vortex, I'll just go and get a Rush. :D

P.S. Taylor talks bull.

trav

Mega Poster
Vortex wins for me.

I prefer the sensation of spinning slightly to just going up and down.

Too much spin means spew though. Eg, Eagles Claw.

. I for one like the sound of the air tanks as it adds a character to it, it is saying that it's big, bold and dominating which it does in my opinion for that corner of the park.

I agree to an extent.

Big, bold, and dominating? Hm, Rush has what, a sixty foot structure? I dunno, I wouldn't really call that dominating, however I do agree with you when you say that the sound of the air tanks is awesome.

Also, don't say I talk bull. It's an opinion, and I've been on a bigger version of Rush. I don't like it, it gives crappy forces, and it's on a crappy cycle. It doesn't compare to other flat rides out there.

Mat

Hyper Poster
^All your points are very true their Taylor, but if you do get a good cycle and you get more than a 30second ride I think it is an epic ride! Yes, it is often breaking down, this is S&S we are talking about here, but when it does work it is a phanominal ride and I would allways choose this ride over Vortex. Vortex just makes me sick, as has been said it takes ages to get up to full swing, the spinning gondola (as I belevie it is spelt and called) makes you feel disoreintated. It is uncomfortable, the ride is forced oneway then another, either the motor seems like it is on full or off completely, need something in between. Rush give great air, the sense that you are going to fall out and just gives you a great rush. I would ride Rush again and again, Vortex I wouln't ride even if it was walk on.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Blatently Rush, Vortex sucks balls. Especially as Vortex always has like an hour long queue even though it always says it's only 15 minutes...