What's new

Rumor: Hollywood Studios gets Green Light for Cars Land

Youngster Joey said:
I don't mind a clone of car's land since I am more likely to go to WDW than DCA however if that is the ONLY thing added to park I'm going to be extremely unhappy. If it comes with MI coaster at the same time than be my guest and I'll be excited. DHS needs more than another clone in the park.

If the MI coaster does materialize you guys thinking SLC or family invert?

If Luigi's does not come but another CTicket instead then it will reduce the clone blow. Mater would more than likely come (the supporting attractions are still VERY much in the air on details so that with a full grain of salt) but it is yet to be determined.. or leaked should I say. Early work WAS done on MIDC in 2008 in SoundStage one. The plan and type of ride system exist and I am sure has leaked. I do not know however what exactly it is. Anything less than swinging would be worthless. I do not get into the different styles of manufacturers. Following DIS, BGW, doing schoolwork, work, and other items eats too much time for that.

When I said CL fits the areas said to be going away DHS in an eerie manner your point on what you are more likely to visit plays into it. I am in Orlando (in a WDW Resort at least three times a year) so naturally I am more likely to visit OTown than Anaheim on a frequent basis. I am however going there early next year coupled with TDS and TDL.

Scoutn757 said:
Youngster Joey said:
I don't mind a clone of car's land since I am more likely to go to WDW than DCA however if that is the ONLY thing added to park I'm going to be extremely unhappy. If it comes with MI coaster at the same time than be my guest and I'll be excited. DHS needs more than another clone in the park.

If the MI coaster does materialize you guys thinking SLC or family invert?

If Luigi's does not come but another CTicket instead then it will reduce the clone blow. Mater would more than likely come (the supporting attractions are still VERY much in the air on details so that with a full grain of salt) but it is yet to be determined.. or leaked should I say. Early work WAS done on MIDC in 2008 in SoundStage one. The plan and type of ride system exist and I am sure has leaked. I do not know however what exactly it is. Anything less than swinging would be worthless. I do not get into the different styles of manufacturers. Following DIS, BGW, doing schoolwork, work, and other items eats too much time for that.

When I said CL fits the areas said to be going away DHS in an eerie manner your point on what you are more likely to visit plays into it. I am in Orlando (in a WDW Resort at least three times a year) so naturally I am more likely to visit OTown than Anaheim on a frequent basis. I am however going there early next year coupled with TDS and TDL.

Who makes suspended coasters anymore though. Also I know the work was done in 2008. Still my largest complaint is just a lack of great thrill rides at WDW. MK has 2(arguably 3), Epcot has 2, MGM has 2(arguably 3) and AK has 1(arguably 2)

I'd easily forget about cars land in favor of the MI coaster and an incredibles attraction (maybe like Spider man or DarKastle)

Youngster Joey said:
Who makes suspended coasters anymore though. Also I know the work was done in 2008. Still my largest complaint is just a lack of great thrill rides at WDW. MK has 2(arguably 3), Epcot has 2, MGM has 2(arguably 3) and AK has 1(arguably 2)

I'd easily forget about cars land in favor of the MI coaster and an incredibles attraction (maybe like Spider man or DarKastle)

That is going to be the never ending complaint. I do not mind a lack of thrill rides in favor of astounding atmosphere rides. I regular BGT, UNI, and SWO on top of WDW. Having BGW at my fingertips lessens the blow as well. Height restrictions are the biggest ordeal with DHS and the lack of family rides is a large complaint. Backlot is castrated which leaves GMR and TSMM. DHS NEEDS more family rides as families are their money maker. They need to level that before even considering more thrills in the slightest bit. Do not expect 7DMT to remotely be a thrill. Do not get your hopes up on Incredibles either. MIDC would not really be a thrill either.

That post might be a bit across the board. My attention is spread with the end of this football game.

^I hear what your saying but honestly there are so many great family rides at AK, Epcot and MK that it's alright to have one park with some more thrill rides. Ether way ST is debatable and are we just talking rides or attractions? There are plenty of great family friendly shows as well as Muppet's 3D.

Youngster Joey said:
^I hear what your saying but honestly there are so many great family rides at AK, Epcot and MK that it's alright to have one park with some more thrill rides. Ether way ST is debatable and are we just talking rides or attractions? There are plenty of great family friendly shows as well as Muppet's 3D.

Strictly thrill seekers are going to spend the money that families will spend if a park is more thrills than not. It would also upset the family demo that a park is not a place Little Johnny or SallySue can enjoy. Kilaminjaro is an appeal to all ages regardless of its tame nature. Muppets 3D (love it to death) is very dated. It needs to be renewed badly. It falls under the stagnant nature that WDW has been under and why this DHS expansion has a FastPass going for it.

Rides and attractions can both be discussed. AK has more than DHS solely due to its Nature Trails that I love but loses its appeal to the must do crowd. DHS is LOW LOW LOW on rides/attractions as a whole. In order to boost numbers and get more guests on property begins with family attractions. They are the demographic more apt to spend the most money on merch, on property hotels, food, and other items. DHS is not just suffering thrills or family but both. By building family attractions I by no means am talking about anything remotely close to the disaster Dumbo queue nor Casey Splash and deal with a soaked kid all day Splash zone. I mean well themed, unique, quality family offerings that will appeal to kids and adults.

If muppets 3D is changed I will stop visiting Disney all together. It's the last thing Jim worked on before he died and I'd be absolutely devastated if it was changed. I'd be more okay with taking out all 3 mountains at MK. I'm a HUGE muppet's buff and it would be crushing to the muppet community.

However now we're getting really off topic

I basically have no **** clue what has been said the past 2 pages with the abbreviations, that list didn't even say half of them and I don't care enough to try and figure them out. Please right some of this **** out, it's quite annoying.

But Tron needs to occur.

tomahawKSU said:
I basically have no **** clue what has been said the past 2 pages with the abbreviations, that list didn't even say half of them and I don't care enough to try and figure them out. Please right some of this **** out, it's quite annoying.

But Tron needs to occur.

Write and here ya go

MK=Magic Kingdom
MGM/DHS is Hollywood Studios
AK = Animal Kingdom
DCA = california adventure
ST = star tours
Other local orlando parks = BGT UST IOA
GMR = Great Movie Ride
TSMM = Toy Story Midway Mania
MIDC = Monsters Inc Door Coaster
TWDC = The Walt Disney Company
PP = Pixar Place (and peter pan depending on context)
RSR = Radiator Springs Racers
LMA = Lights Motors Action
TDO = basically WDW suits
TDS = Tokyo Disney Sea
TDL = Tokyo Disney land

Did I miss any?

With regardsto the MI coaster idea I would imagine it will be a family invert like the Jimmy Neutron one in Germany Movie World (or whatever it is called).

Although, I wonder whether they might work on different trains. The problem with inverts is that unless you have a front row seat, your view is very much reduced. In Disneys case, any story telling scenes would be harder to do and ensure that the storytelling comes across to those not on the front row.

Scoutn757, the **** are you going on about? It's like I read your posts, there are words, and yet they don't make any sense? Seriously...

In regards to 'big' thrills at Disney parks, it's just not their style at all, so don't expect anything anytime soon because it ain't gunna happen.

nadroJ said:
Scoutn757, the **** are you going on about? It's like I read your posts, there are words, and yet they don't make any sense? Seriously...

LOL, I was literally about to write pretty much exactly this. :p

I haven't really followed this thread since my last post in here, so I've had a quick glance at the last few pages, and am seriously lost in what the hell people are actually discussing now. :?

Something about naked people? An argument about if Hollywood Studios is a working studio or not anymore? Tron?? :?

Can anyone write a proper checklist of stuff we're discussing now please? :)

Additions to Hollywood Studios

Avatar belonging in Walt Disney World

Themeing for Cars Land, Monsters Inc. and some other random stuff sprinkled in here and there.

Mike said:
LOL, I was literally about to write pretty much exactly this. :p

I haven't really followed this thread since my last post in here, so I've had a quick glance at the last few pages, and am seriously lost in what the hell people are actually discussing now. :?

Something about naked people? An argument about if Hollywood Studios is a working studio or not anymore? Tron?? :?

Can anyone write a proper checklist of stuff we're discussing now please? :)

I am a bit neck deep in WDW/DIS and its happenings on the surface and underneath. My apologies of anything came across as :shock: Looks like Youngster took all the abbreviations I used already and listed them.

1) The politics of WDW affecting its operation and quality --> The usage of it as a cash cow that thought will never fail that has clearly begun to fail --> The entire reason for Carsland being on the table for DHS.

2) How the park's theme is evolving from the original plan; a discussion that started before I chimed in.

3) Pandora/Avatar/NakedBluePeople (which was also brought up before I popped in) being stalled in very early concepts at TDO (Team Disney Orlando, the management for Orlando Disney) due to TDO's "Gotta chop the budget" mindset.

4) CarsLand is looking overly like a direct clone that fits in DHS in an eerie manner. Its overall layout fits near exact in Lights Motors Action/Backlot Tour location. Like it was designed with a chance of going the DHS in mind.

5) Monster's Inc Door Coaster being in the cards again for SoundStage One in Pixar Place along with CarsLand.

6) With no other major projects going on outside of Shangai WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering) has no real major items going on and they are fully capable of constructing CarsLand and NakedBluePeople at the same time.

7) Low number of attractions overall in DHS and DAK and the fact they each need more offerings whether it is family or thrill. The parks needs more draw to keep people there longer.

That's a fairly spelled out breakdown on that matter if I do say so. I hope that clears it up a hair or two!

Yeah I apologize for all the acronyms and I take partial responsibility for it. Hopefully the list I posted and the link I posted will clear some of it up.

As for the Naked people He's (she's?) talking about the N'avi from Avatar.

Jordan I'm next expecting a major thrill ride but something more akin to the thrills from Space, Splash, EE, and ToT would be nice.

Mark that's an excellent point I hadn't thought about. Knowing disney though they will come up with some totally off the wall idea that either works extremely well or just fails miserably.

^ Indeed, I don't doubt Disney will come up with something. I wonder whether it would be possible to have some kind of smaller train system. Ideally, you would want something that is just 1 single row or possibly two, like a wild mouse coaster car suspended, and that way you have plenty of blocking throughout at various scenes for storytelling and there could still be a proper coaster section for the fast paced areas. That would also fit better with regards to the 'doors'. I would imagine they will want it to be like the riders are riding the doors, which doesn't fit particularly well if you have a whole train. A small 4 seat car with a door at the back (like their is a 'bench') attached to it could work though...

I do have some ideas about a Disney Thrill Park and I've been working on sketches and all stuff like that but I will post them one day when they are all finished :p

Ok, thanks for cleaning up what conversations are actually going on. I can now give my tuppence worth...

1) The politics of WDW affecting its operation and quality --> The usage of it as a cash cow that thought will never fail that has clearly begun to fail --> The entire reason for Carsland being on the table for DHS.

Are you talking about the resort as a whole, or just DHS here? Either way, I don't really understand the point your making.

The place works great as a cash cow (well, it's hardly a dog or a question mark, and it can't really obtain too much market growth to become a star as it already gets so many visitors), and the fact that the resort takes up 4 of the top 8 places in theme park attendance figures in 2011 (with the other 4 places being other Disney parks), with only Epcot failing to get an increase in visitor numbers tells me that you saying the parks are "clearly beginning to fail" is clearly a load of rubbish, and the "politics" can't be changing the quality of the resort by that much.

The reason for Cars Land (or any new area) being on the cards for DHS is because the whole Backlands area is stagnating badly. How many people do you think would tell you they visit the park for the Backlot Tour? I'm going to guess nobody...
The Tour has been shortening and getting rid of things since the park opened, and the whole area takes up a HUGE space, so it's only almost natual that the parks planning team will look at this area to develop in in the future.

2) How the park's theme is evolving from the original plan; a discussion that started before I chimed in.

A bit of a non-point, in my opinion.
When the park was first opened, it was only designed to be a half-day park themed around a working movie studio, which was never going to be viable in the long-term. Disney (or any theme park), are not going to pull the punters in if they don't look to continually expand and upgrade, and people don't want to travel to Florida for a "working movie studio". Plans are continually changed and evolved anyway, so, as I said, a non-point.

3) Pandora/Avatar/NakedBluePeople (which was also brought up before I popped in) being stalled in very early concepts at TDO (Team Disney Orlando, the management for Orlando Disney) due to TDO's "Gotta chop the budget" mindset.

Weren't we just/still in a major global economic recession? Chopping budgets sounds like a sensible thing to do to me.

4) CarsLand is looking overly like a direct clone that fits in DHS in an eerie manner. Its overall layout fits near exact in Lights Motors Action/Backlot Tour location. Like it was designed with a chance of going the DHS in mind.

From this, it sounds like they planned to put Cars Land in DHS anyway, but when they realised it wasn't possible for now they have just transferred it over to California. I don't understand why this is something to get angry over.

5) Monster's Inc Door Coaster being in the cards again for SoundStage One in Pixar Place along with CarsLand.

I've never even heard of this project, but a new coaster sounds good to me.

6) With no other major projects going on outside of Shangai, WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering) has no real major items going on and they are fully capable of constructing CarsLand and NakedBluePeople at the same time.

Err, what?
Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch at Hong Kong? New Fantasyland, Avatar Land, Cars Land and Test Track for Florida? The ever-going rumours of a third park in Paris? New cruise ships, holiday packages..etc...etc...
These all sound like "major items" to me...

7) Low number of attractions overall in DHS and DAK and the fact they each need more offerings whether it is family or thrill. The parks needs more draw to keep people there longer.
As said in my first point, both of these parks were designed to be half-day parks. They've both got plenty of attractions already to make up for half-day parks. AL and CL are both designed to help transform these parks into full-day parks.

So, yeah, those are my opinions. I could be (and probably am) wrong on a few points, but how these subjects have brought up 5 pages of bombazzlement is beyond me.

Well this has turned into, quite possibly, the most inaccessible topic we've had in a long time.

Will CL for DHS be the same as DL, and what does that mean for AL at DAK? Any implications for TDL, HKD or TDS? Should UST or IOA be worried?

What a load of w@nk.

Lights camera action was never going to be a success I just don't know why they got it. I will be happy if that goes.

The Indy stunt show needs to vanish as well, or update it. Does it still draw crowds?

Didn't they got Lights, Motors, Action due to the popularity of it in Paris? (they even tell you that on the Studio Tram Tour) So is it just not popular in the USA (United States of America)?

And as crap as the Indy stunt show was, most seats were full. I liked opening scene, but everything after that was just awful. Muppetvision 3D was crap too - but I guess thats more for kids?

Also, I tell you one thing I learnt from visiting Orlando, Armageddon at WDS Paris isn't such a bad attraction! :lol:

I was wondering how long until UC got here. He makes really great points (as always).

This has gone way more off topic than I thought it would. The point being like I said, I don't want it and even if it does come it won't be until after 2016. So who knows what will happen between now and then.