What's new

Rumor: Hollywood Studios gets Green Light for Cars Land

Martyn B said:
Maybe you should read my post properly...?

Defensive are we?

marc said:
Remove the backlot tour and there's loads of room.

Backlot + LMA = near direct fit for the entirety of CarsLand(kinda fishey right?). With the recent presentations (last week) on the matter it has been discussed to get it going rather quick; well before NakedBluePeople (which is still so far in the weeds all Stihl weed eaters in creation could not get it out).

Youngster Joey said:
Martyn B said:
I know you could probably say this about quite a few attractions, but how can the whole Cars Land thing fit in a 'Studios' park?

Theme wise it doesn't. an attraction or two could fit into "Pixar Place" which right now is basically Toy Story Midway Mania and a shop. The whole land though, doesn't fit at all...

Studios is a thing of the past and it is no secret. SoundStage #1 is having presentations for an attraction to be thrown in at the same time as CL. An attraction that had early construction done in 2008 before the economy tanked and it was shelved. Take that on as another PP addition that would seal PP as the entry point to CL.

Streets of America from what I hear are going to be hitting a limited number of days if this project occurs (not now but not too long after). It is kinda obvious (I lied; in your face blantantly out there) that the studios days are gone and never going to surface again. Speculation has a name change for the park in the future (yes ANOTHER!) but that stays at speculation right now. However, just because there are no longer sound stages not mean all studio is long. Hollywood Blvd, Sunset Blvd, Chinese T, ToT, etc are all items you could find at various studios across the globe.... scaled props.

bmac said:
Universal Studios Orlando did that almost 10 years ago, and the keeping up with the "backstage studio" theme is starting to wear out badly with the GP. There's already plenty of rides in DHS that don't fit the aforementioned theme anyways and they've been around for quite a long time, just there hasn't been a whole hamlet built to do that.

If we're really going to actually complain about places not belonging with a park's overall theme, Avatar doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom. There's no hamlet in the entire park that blatantly screams "This is 100% related to a movie, and is based off of a 100% fictional universe." Other than the shows the only ride that comes close to being in a fictional universe is Expedition Everest, only because it has multiple encounters with the fictional Yeti. At least the shows are based on actual living animals on the earth, just they don't talk.

Speaking of Avatar/Naked Blue People Land, there's probably going to be a coaster built with it and that's 99.99% going to be Vekoma. Motorbike Coaster or a Flying Dutchman anyone?

RnR? Muppets? STAR WARS!??! None of which ideally fit the studios theme but have been there for an established number of years.

A truer comparison has never been spoke. NakedBluePeople does not belong anywhere in a DIS park in the slightest form. Couple that with the endless squabbling of TDO wanting to do it at as low cost as possible is making the likelihood of it actually being built lower. Saying it ties into DAK's nature statement is still a far pull that would shred Stretch Armstrong into a million pieces. THE ARMY IS GONNA KILL EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING is the stronger message of anything else in that bloated movie. Wait aren't those sequels suspended without any forward progress right now? Yepp.

Oh yes! The biggest draw that Cameron wants! It was brought to the table! Good show, Lad. It is a variation of the Tron Light Cycle coaster being constructed for Shangai that has MR NakedBluePeople's interest.

peep said:
^Someone hasn't been reading all the speculation about Shanghai ;) It makes me happy that at least somewhere in the World such a coaster will exist.

Yes! This "New Posts Were Made While Typing" feature is rather useful. It is a variation of that that NakeBluePeople creator wants for his little area at DAK.

WDWMagic users, they LOVE abbreviations. By the way more than half the people credited in the OP's linked thread are from that forum.

bmac said:
WDWMagic users, they LOVE abbreviations. By the way more than half the people credited in the OP's linked thread are from that forum.

That they are and highly credible. Those are also the ones who said it is not greenlit but rather close to it.

peep said:
^Someone hasn't been reading all the speculation about Shanghai ;) It makes me happy that at least somewhere in the World such a coaster will exist.

Tbh the last I read was the park was on hold lol. Yes it's years to late I just don't get why it's never been built before tbh.

Lights camera action was never going to be a success I just don't know why they got it. I will be happy if that goes.

The Indy stunt show needs to vanish as well, or update it. Does it still draw crowds?

^I know, I like to think that basically Disney weren't sure if the motorbike coaster concept would work with their demographic. Either that or they were waiting for technology to advance for some of their ideas to work? Meh, whatever, they just better add it to Paris soon.

Oh, also Shanghai is getting it instead of a Space Mountain. Everything about that park is going to be different, I'm kinda excited.

^Lol, stop editing your posts! :p Indy packed quite a large crowd when I saw it the other week despite the park being fairly empty, same goes for Beauty and the Beast.

Btw, I've just read a new rumour over on WDWMagic that Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows in the park will be replaced with new shows. One of the new shows is rumoured to be a Tangled one (which would be amazing). Basically it sounds like Imagineers are going all DCA* on this park.

*Disney California Adventure :p

I think the stories of marvel rubbish are more true than Tron for Paris.

I can see DCA getting Tron tbh they have some empty building there and I think Tron would only work in doors.

bmac said:

It's all disney forum's. Here's a link of common disney abbreviations as I've been holding back from using them. http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Scoutn757 said:
bmac said:

That they are and highly credible. Those are also the ones who said it is not greenlit but rather close to it.

Until disney announces it and ground is broken treat EVERYTHING as a rumor. There have been plenty or things that have made it far passed blue sky and never materialize for various reasons.

Tbh though it is about time the park had a big redo.

Only thing is if they get rid of the fake streets where will the do the fantastic Xmas lights. They were brilliant.

I just hope they don't put a load of Pixar stuff there.

marc said:
Tbh though it is about time the park had a big redo.

Only thing is if they get rid of the fake streets where will the do the fantastic Xmas lights. They were brilliant.

I just hope they don't put a load of Pixar stuff there.

IF they redo it, it will be at least 50% pixar

Youngster Joey said:
Until disney announces it and ground is broken treat EVERYTHING as a rumor. There have been plenty or things that have made it far passed blue sky and never materialize for various reasons.

That is exactly what I do. However, knowing some of the individuals that broke the info I will treat it as rumors that are a bit more than just that. I have been around the DIS game for a good chunk of time. Especially hearing that official pitches on it were made regarding a solid plan and cost (courtesy Lee). Groundbreaking does not mean really mean anything at all either. Take a look at the Door Coaster that started early work in park in 2008 then was shelved... but now back on the table to possibly be going again.

The point of this whole expansion is TDO is in serious trouble. They had found a way to legally fix the numbers report for the World with large discounts, large sales of DVC units, and FREE DINING (that you actually pay for). The third quarter numbers report reflected poorly for The World and something has to be done and quickly. Stagnation since the 90s has caught up with the Resort and it is not pretty. Something IS going into DHS; not a rumor but a fact. CL is the most viable option and very far down the approval line. This will get interesting come October 1st when the new fiscal year begins.

Scoutn757 said:
Youngster Joey said:

That is exactly what I do. However, knowing some of the individuals that broke the info I will treat it as rumors that are a bit more than just that. I have been around the DIS game for a good chunk of time. Especially hearing that official pitches on it were made regarding a solid plan and cost (courtesy Lee). Groundbreaking does not mean really mean anything at all either. Take a look at the Door Coaster that started early work in park in 2008 then was shelved... but now back on the table to possibly be going again.

Exactly my point. Still hope that coaster materializes. Well Actually I have mixed feelings about it. I'd love Disney to get a great new coaster. However if they do make it an inverted coaster it will be Vekoma and I really am not a fan as of SLC's.

Youngster Joey said:
Exactly my point. Still hope that coaster materializes. Well Actually I have mixed feelings about it. I'd love Disney to get a great new coaster. However if they do make it an inverted coaster it will be Vekoma and I really am not a fan as of SLC's.

Whoops, I added to my other post but it looks like you were already replying. CL is much farther along from what I gather than the door coaster. The thing to remember is there is little offerings there for families (hence 120+ minute waits for TSMM). It has been posted around that the door coaster would be a family offering ableit very unique.

Scoutn757 said:
Youngster Joey said:

Whoops, I added to my other post but it looks like you were already replying. CL is much farther along from what I gather than the door coaster. The thing to remember is there is little offerings there for families (hence 120+ minute waits for TSMM). It has been posted around that the door coaster would be a family offering ableit very unique.

The issue is Disney has said the next major addition to a park in the WDW complex will be Avatarland meaning IF Cars Land rears it's ugly head, it won't be until after 2016.

That's going to be a long time for multiple rumor's and speculation to take place.

Also I personally feel the two parks they are updating are NOT the two parks that really need more work. DHS and Epcot really need more attention right now than AK or MK.

Youngster Joey said:
The issue is Disney has said the next major addition to a park in the WDW complex will be Avatarland meaning IF Cars Land rears it's ugly head, it won't be until after 2016.

That's going to be a long time for multiple rumor's and speculation to take place.

Also I personally feel the two parks they are updating are NOT the two parks that really need more work. DHS and Epcot really need more attention right now than AK or MK.

Actually that is not the case it all. I have it on very good word that DHS expansion will break ground within 12 months more than likely. Several different people with far different sources have confirmed that. Avatar is dragging its feets with the knuckle heads inside of TDO setting it farther and farther back. With a new fiscal year beginning, the new cruise ships raking in cash, DCA CL finished, and only one DVC in construction P&R is set financially pretty good. The attention is being diverted to DLR's new TLand ETicket, Stark Industries Expo, and DHS additions. DHS is getting more serious attention that NakedBluePeople right now. With only those on the table there are more than enough resources to go ahead with DHS and NakeBluePeople once it is out of the weeds at the same time. Another item that people with far different sources have confirmed. The state of DHS is very very bad and that fact is not realized by several.

This new fiscal year will very interesting for P&R within TWDC. EPCOT although a bit stale is sustaining with its vast array of restaurants. That will continue pushing until DAK and DHS have received their updates. Nothing is in the pipes for EPCOT really at this time. BTW, don't believe Rasulo.

Scoutn757 said:
Youngster Joey said:

Actually that is not the case it all. I have it on very good word that DHS expansion will break ground within 12 months more than likely. Several different people with far different sources have confirmed that. Avatar is dragging its feets with the knuckle heads inside of TDO setting it farther and farther back. With a new fiscal year beginning, the new cruise ships raking in cash, DCA CL finished, and only one DVC in construction P&R is set financially pretty good. The attention is being diverted to DLR's new TLand ETicket, Stark Industries Expo, and DHS additions. DHS is getting more serious attention that NakedBluePeople right now. With only those on the table there are more than enough resources to go ahead with DHS and NakeBluePeople once it is out of the weeds at the same time. Another item that people with far different sources have confirmed. The state of DHS is very very bad and that fact is not realized by several.

This new fiscal year will very interesting for P&R within TWDC. EPCOT although a bit stale is sustaining with its vast array of restaurants. That will continue pushing until DAK and DHS have received their updates. Nothing is in the pipes for EPCOT really at this time. BTW, don't believe Rasulo.

Exactly, I know what you are saying is true. DHS and WDW for that matter are in desperate need of new items. Saying they are going one step at a time is like saying Potter 2.0 and Transformers is not coming to USF when they in fact are in the works at a good pace. WDW execs are in deep water with USF's boom in additions while WDW has sat dormant for far too many years. Going off Disney's word that NakedBluePeople is next is worse than believing Iger when he says discounts are no longer needed when they are actually being used more now than ever due to low booking numbers.

I REALLY want DHS to get an expansion however if ALL they get is a **** clone of Cars land I will be extremely disappointed with Iger's reign. Even more disappointed than I already am. Eisner may have been unpopular and an egomaniac but at least he gave major updates to the WDW complex. Iger is more suit than creator.

Youngster Joey said:
I REALLY want DHS to get an expansion however if ALL they get is a **** clone of Cars land I will be extremely disappointed with Iger's reign. Even more disappointed than I already am. Eisner may have been unpopular and an egomaniac but at least he gave major updates to the WDW complex. Iger is more suit than creator.

You are very correct about about Iger, he is the Suit and an MBA. No passion or drive for the park. Don't write Eisner off that hard though. The first two thirds of his reign were outstanding for TWDC and DISParks. The last bit is where his right hand people helped him learn about budget cutting, upping costs, and reducing offerings. Any guesses as to who one of his right hand people were? IGER! Do not fret, others have stated that with his desire to run for Governor of NY will have him gone before his reign has ended. Insiders have posted elsewhere the individual favored to take charge will have more drive and passion. Same people have stated that TDO will see changes in its upper suits as well.

A clone is what is very close to being greenlit and breaking ground. Reputable Insiders put the timetable within a year for groundbreaking at the latest. Per the same people RSR and CL will be darn near carbon copies but supporting attractions will vary. MI Door Coaster will be something unique to enhance PP at the same time. Like I said earlier, CL has a very creepy direct fit in Backlot and LMA.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Those cited in the OP's link are to be believed. Things are about to get very interesting in OTown. This fiscal year will be a ton of "Say whats."

Scoutn757 said:
Youngster Joey said:

You are very correct about about Iger, he is the Suit and an MBA. No passion or drive for the park. Don't write Eisner off that hard though. The first two thirds of his reign were outstanding for TWDC and DISParks. The last bit is where his right hand people helped him learn about budget cutting, upping costs, and reducing offerings. Any guesses as to who one of his right hand people were? IGER! Do not fret, others have stated that with his desire to run for Governor of NY will have him gone before his reign has ended. Insiders have posted elsewhere the individual favored to take charge will have more drive and passion. Same people have stated that TDO will see changes in its upper suits as well.

A clone is what is very close to being greenlit and breaking ground. Reputable Insiders put the timetable within a year for groundbreaking at the latest. Per the same people RSR and CL will be darn near carbon copies but supporting attractions will vary. MI Door Coaster will be something unique to enhance PP at the same time. Like I said earlier, CL has a very creepy direct fit in Backlot and LMA.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Those cited in the OP's link are to be believed. Things are about to get very interesting in OTown. This fiscal year will be a ton of "Say whats."

I don't mind a clone of car's land since I am more likely to go to WDW than DCA however if that is the ONLY thing added to park I'm going to be extremely unhappy. If it comes with MI coaster at the same time than be my guest and I'll be excited. DHS needs more than another clone in the park.

If the MI coaster does materialize you guys thinking SLC or family invert?