What's new

Rides at your home park that you've never been on

There's a lot of rides I haven't ridden at Lake Compounce, but they're pretty much all kiddie rides and generic flats. The only major thing I haven't been on is the haunted house dark ride thing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

^^Get out. Slammer is the best flat at Thorpe...with the possible exception of rush. You MUST try slammer this season. You MUST you MUST you MUST.

Hobbes said:
There's a lot of rides I haven't ridden at Lake Compounce, but they're pretty much all kiddie rides and generic flats. The only major thing I haven't been on is the haunted house dark ride thing.
Ghost Hunt used to be really good, not so much anymore.

I've never ridden Road Runner Railway or any of the other kiddie rides.

I've never done Slammer, Detonator or Tidal Wave at Thorpe.
I tend to stay away from drop towers and Shoot the Chutes, and Slammer just looks painful and nauseating.

Eruption at Six Flags Great Adventure but that's because I never bothered to pay for it.

A bunch of kiddy stuff at Hong Kong Disneyland, including the teacups, carousel, Dumbo thing, Orbitron and everything in Toy Story Land bar the coaster.

I haven't done Tarzan's Tree House, Autopia or Stitch Live since I visited in 2007 either.

DelPiero said:
I've never been on slammer at Thorpe. It's always closed whenever I go, I've never even seen it operate.
Happy to announce that I've finally got on Slammer this morning! cool)

I haven't been on the dodgems yet though, so still not done the whole park :(

I also count Thorpe as my home park I've done the rollercoasters and Tidal Wave. Hopefully going back in the summer to get the rest done hope the slammer is open. WONT DO DETONATOR.

^Why not? Have you ever done a 'big' drop tower? Because, if you haven't, you should! I've never been on Detonator, but I've been on another, almost identical Fabbri model at WMSP, which was very forceful, but very fun.

Yeah, Extremis can't really be counted as a 'proper' drop tower. The sensation that they're going for there is a sharp, sudden drop. Larger, better drop towers such as Apocalypse focus more on the freefalling aspect of things.

Well I'm going back to thorpe in the summer might do it. Trying to get to oakwood and then chessington and I've done everything that I want to do.

^ Your level of ambition is an inspiration to us all.

The one ride I have never concurred at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is The Big One. It's strange, I have done every other ride on the park tenfold. I'm not scared of coasters I love them. (Apart from Oblivion which I have done once)! I'm not that scared oh heights, I get a little wobbly with them sometimes. Every time I come to face that ride, something stops me from going on it.

The only kiddie rides I have ridden at SFGAm are Up Up and Away, (some sort of Zamperla kiddie Condor) Spacely's Sprocket Rockets, (Vekoma Roller Skater) and Little Dipper. Kidzopolis and Camp Cartoon have remained relatively untouched for me.

I have, however, ridden every single non-kiddie flat ride in the park, which includes all of the flats listed as Thrill or Family rides.