What's new

Rides at your home park that you've never been on

nadroJ

CF Legend
So I'm sure I'm not the only one that always skips certain rides at parks I go to often like Thorpe and Chessington. What rides do you always skip and are there any you've never actually been on?

This one ride.

RedBaron2.jpg

The Red Baron, a Zamperla kiddie flat, was built after I had surpassed the maximum height limit. It remains to this day the one ride I have never ridden at Cedar Point.

Believe it or not there is a kiddie cred at my home park that I have never ridden. It will be my 70th coaster. I will finally ride it this summer just cuz. It's the Great pumpkin coaster at Kings Dominion.

I generally don't do a lot of generic flat rides, unless the line isn't too long and the ride actually provides thrills. I have ridden a lot of them at Canobie, as it's one of the smallest parks I've visited.

I also regret not riding most of the flats at Lake Compounce, along with the Kiddie Coaster (I was busy riding Boulder Dash :p).

I also always wanted to try out Scream at SFNE, but for some reason I never got around to it. I never felt that a ten minute wait for an average drop tower was worth it.

So yeah, a bunch have been left out, but none are really a big priority.

I've never been on slammer at Thorpe. It's always closed whenever I go, I've never even seen it operate.

Twistosaurus, Zooom!, Hero - and yet despite the fact that's three creds, its still not enough motivation to return to the park at the price it costs with their shoddy operations.

^^Ive been on it twice. The first time was fine, on the second occasion I ditched in the water. It's FAB.

We're blatantly forcing you on this at the Oakwood Live. Especially as the weather should be good.

Just waiting for Ian to turn up here now and show off his POV...

^Waterfall is incredible!

I've not done the Ice Age 3-D thing at Alton Towers or whatever it's called now. Or Cloud Cuckoo Land if that's still there.

Well, I live a block from Universal Studios Florida and I've yet to ride Twirl-n-Hurl or Transformers.... Once the new Potter coaster opens I'll buy myself a day pass, I guess. I used to have a seasonpass but I rearely used it.
I just ride my bike over when I go - http://tinyurl.com/lcbwxgw

I've never actually been on the Drop Tower at Wonderland - always some excuse to not go on it. It's not the height - i've been on plenty of high coasters along with Tower of Terror at Disney and Dr. Doom at IOA. I guess it's just a ride i've never really wanted to go on :p

I think i've been on most of the kiddie rides from growing up there - unless they've added some new ones recently.

There's a few rides i've only been on once (maybe twice) though - Shockwave (Mondial Top Scan) because I don't go by that side of the park very often, and Sledge Hammer (Huss Jump 2) because i've only seen it open a few times

My 'home park', as in the nearest park geographically to where I live is Gullivers, which I've never been to. (All to change at easter of course ;) )

In terms of the park I actually call my home park, Thorpe Park, I am pretty sure I have ridden everything.

For me that would be Thorpe. The only ride that I haven't ridden there would be Storm Surge. It doesn't look too horrifically bad, but it always seems to pick up a rather large queue that just makes it not worth going on. On top of that it just looks incredibly dull. I assume I am not missing out on much. Though I wish I could say I hadn't been on Tidal Wave, that ride was certainly not worth riding, it was just way too short and lacked any excitement.

At Alton the only "Thrill" ride I haven't done is Enterprise, I have done Zodiac at Thorpe and thought it was fun, but seeing as Enterprise is stuck in X-Sector, there's always something better to ride right next to it, and considering Oblivion never has a massive queue, there just never seems to be a point in riding.

I've not ridden Slammer, Vortex or Zodiac at Thorpe. Doubt I'm missing out on much though!