What's new

Ride Accident in Vietnam

Nic

Strata Poster
It's difficult to tell what happened. It appears to be a drop tower... that dropped? Anyway, it sounds like no one died, but one person is still in hospital with suspected spinal fractures.

www.tuoitrnews.vn said:
At 11:30 yesterday, five people stared death in the face when the amusement park game they participated had an error, causing the seats they were strapped to to free-fall for 16 meters in An Giang Province.

The accident happened Tuesday at the Van Huong Mai Amusement Park in Chau Phu district in the southern province.

image.jpg

For more, see full article: http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitr ... nt-1.59383

Its most probably a similar ride system to that on the S&S towers, with cables pulling you up & down etc?

Look at the restraints. It's just PLAIN metal OTSR's. I've not seen a travelling ride have any of those. It looks to me like it's built in-park?

^We know what's written in that news article so... :roll:

I suspect that the 'car' thing, might have braked to late and maybe it exerted too much g's onto the passengers, with the bottom of the tower bringing it to a sudden stop. The article doesn't make enough sense to me, so that's just my opinion as to what happened.

I've found a tiny bit more information

Five people were injured after falling 16 meters when a cable device used to lift people up to an amusement ride slipped due to a technical error in Vietnam's Mekong Delta.

Full article: http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/page ... ident.aspx

It sounds like it dropped whilst still on its way up, so the breaking procedures weren't in place, meaning it plunged to the bottom at full speed.

^Isn't is awful that the Mekong Delta had a technical error?!

gavin said:

I don't think theirs any way anyone hear will understand what you did they're. ؟

gavin said:

If you're talking about the bridge, then HA! :lol:

If not, well that's all I could find on Wikipedia lol.