What's new

"Restore the Roar": Kings Dominion Grizzly Undergoing Refurb

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Latest news from Kings Dominion has revealed Grizzly is undergoing extensive refurbishment to "re-emerg sometime next season" with an entirely new track set:

You can find the full blog write-up, alongside photos (sampled below) here: https://www.kingsdominion.com/blog/2022/the-rebirth-of-the-grizzly---part-1

1667838007353.png1667838013857.png

No word on what type of track refurb this will be, such as GCI Titan Track we saw added to Wolverine Wildcat at Michigan's Adventure earlier this year. Time will tell!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Latest news from Kings Dominion has revealed Grizzly is undergoing extensive refurbishment to "re-emerg sometime next season" with an entirely new track set:

You can find the full blog write-up, alongside photos (sampled below) here: https://www.kingsdominion.com/blog/2022/the-rebirth-of-the-grizzly---part-1

No word on what type of track refurb this will be, such as GCI Titan Track we saw added to Wolverine Wildcat at Michigan's Adventure earlier this year. Time will tell!
Fingers crossed for the Ghostrider GCI treatment - new track (both wood and Titan) + trains, reprofiling, structural enhancements and a new ride system. Hoping they'll lower the first turnaround by a couple of metres to improve the pacing as well.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
The blog post references annual maintenance of the trains that began right after labor day. Unless that's intentional misdirection (which seems doubtful), I don't think we'll be seeing new trains.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Well it is being described as an "extensive" refurbishment if I can read?
Well, they'd always sell it a bit bigger, I'd say. I guess they do some substantial retracking of some portions of the layout, but not a throughout overhault of everything. Would assume they'd made a bigger deal of it if it were so (like Parc Asterix did it for their Zeus).

JackFish

Mega Poster
This should be a new fun way to keep this ride alive.

On a different note, restore the roar, is the current slogan of my high school. I actually have a shirt on right now that says that.

Fiender

Roller Poster
For no particular reason I am curious if anyone got a look at Grizzly's footers prior to its renovation. Were there markings indicating that a refurb was imminent?