What's new

Red Bull

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Here's a small project I'm working on, one of a couple I'm part way through. This is a very small, compact ride for small parks, fairs and travelling fairs. It is designed as an introduction to inversions and forces, it features one inversion, a loop (which i needed to give, well, unusual, banking), and maximum force of about 3-3.5G in a tight, low layout. The hight of the ride is less than 50 foot. The ride is sponsored by Red Bull, and this is reflected in the, er, unique colour scheme.

I am part way through supporting, but the layout is done.

Thought I'd put my progress on here and release when done.

Check it out:
dy1wqo.jpg

Jools

Giga Poster
Looks good, but something is bugging me about the loop, and when I think of red bull, I think of Blue, Silver and Red, see you got the blue though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not gunna lie, I think that's one of the worst colour schemes I've ever seen.

Just because it's sponsor has different colours on their logo doesn't mean you have to make your ride that much of an eyesore. Why not go for blue track, grey supports and red trains? That won't look half as bad.

nealbie

CF Legend
I think for the type of parks he's virtually aiming at with this coaster, the horrid colour scheme works as it needs to stand out alot like other such rides at these places.

But as Jools said: red, blue & silver is needed, not blue and white.

I quite like it, but I do think the drop turn into the loop needs to start further out as it looks quite sharp and un-natural. Perhaps make the hill into the drop turn slightly over to the right before it descends?

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Well I think the colours look ok... but what's with the supports at the top of the lift? Is it just me or do they not do anything at all?

I might have a second go at making the introduction to airtime once I'm better at trackmaking... then we can have a whole set of introduction rides!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
It is actualy meant to be silver. Perhaps I will make the trains red or the supports. I may do a car texture also. I love the colour scheme, it's quirly and different, and small parks would want this kind of paint scheme.

The loop is a little wierd, that I cant help but I will try to fix.

The turn into it is stepp but it feels OK, the forces are fine and it is quite thrilling.

The supports on top of the sift hold up the catwalks, and the things on the left are meant to represent lights.

Xpress

Strata Poster
IMO, color the track white, then the loop blue, and the trains red with yellow OTSR restraints ;)

Brookes

Giga Poster
To be honest I don't think the colour scheme is bad at all, there are other things where there are problems. As mentioned the loop seems weird and them two supports what stick out really far outwards on the lift just don't look right at all and don't seem necessary. Good idea and nice little layout though.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I'm going to try fix the loop.

The lift supports are like that because otherwise they would hit/be too close to the track underneath, so I had to build outwards.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^You know, there's other ways to make lift supports, I.E. connect them to sections of supports on other elements.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
That wouldn't work, they would always end up needing to stick out like that, believe me, I've tried.

Any way, here's an update. I have finished supporting and am trying a red scheme for the supports, let me know what you think of it, I think it is perhaps a bit too loud, and the track is staying siver and blue.

Oh, and I fixed the loop.

20uyfcn.jpg

Blaze

Hyper Poster
To add strength to the supports that are stretched out, otherwise they could not hold the weight.