What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

Hey Brian :)

I've been dowloading a lot of scenery and parks lately, I was just curious, do you know approximatly how many files can be in the object data folder? I don't want to fill it up like I did last time.

I believe it's something like 5200 or something. I'm sitting at 4815 at the moment... I wouldn't push it much past 5k. Of course it's not too difficult to empty it-- i do it maybe twice a year, marking the parks I don't want to keep or stuff with useless scenery.

Yes, you just have to go into a flat section of wall which is high enough. If it's not flat, then it digs a trench.

Suprisingly, there is nothing in the RCT2 manual on this. However, from the RCT1 manual:

You can build track that goes underground, and it’s not too difficult to do. The key is to prepare the land ahead of time, because tracks, like footpaths, can only lead underground through a vertical land face that is at least two levels high. This rule applies to both the path section tunnelling into the ground and the one emerging out of the ground.

When your track approaches a vertical face like this, simply continue building as if the wall were not in the way; tunnelling take place automatically.

Once you begin building underground, the landscape switches into the Underground View. (If you need to get into this view later, use the Underground View option on the View Options menu–the eye button on the Toolbar.) Except for the sections where the track enters and exits the subterranean world, you build underground sections of track in the same way as you would any other.

;)

Help please I have a new computer and it has vista on my rct2 will not install. At the end it says problem with a .cab file and then when I click ignore and try to start it. It comes up with error message Cannot start/initilize graphics card.

Please help.

Also any one know where I can download a legal copy of rct1?

It sounds like your rct2 Disk is damaged.

There are 2 .cab files on the disk, and they hold all the information for the coasters, scenary, paths, music, etc. In other words, they hold all the .dat files.

Do what trav says, I suppose. Sorry, but I'm really inexperienced in this as I've not dealt with Vista! If that doesn't work, then I can point you to www.nedesigns.com to ask there. They should probably be able to help if all else fails... I know there have been some problems with Vista and RCT2, I'm just not quite sure what they are.

As for the RCT1 thing, I don't know for sure, but I think you can find a topic on NE about that too.

Did anybody find a way to hack a ride using block brakes? I found a tutorial on merging with block brakes but its in dutch and it talks about merging water coasters.

~Seddy

I can ask one of my friends (who happens to be Dutch) about it. It doesn't seem like there would be a way since you need boat hire mode to transfer the trains onto the other track. The only way I've ever seen multiple trains on a merged ride is through a working double station (very difficult hack) or a long station with multiple trains.

Next time I see him online, I'll ask.

I cant remember who it was but they had a Six Flags Over Georgia recreation and they made a hacked version of The Mindbender using the Giga Coaster track. They had 2 trains running in block section mode. Thats how I know that it can be done.

The only thing that was really hacked was the vertical loops. Everything was the Giga type except the loops. But then when I took a closer look at the track, I realized that where the loops were, there was also a S Bend under the loops connecting the giga's tracks. I think that has something to do with the hack but im not sure what he did. I wish I could find him so I could ask. They were painted into a different color scheme too.

Heres the link to the Water Coaster hack with the block brakes, but like I said, its in dutch, I tried to translate it but it still didnt make sense to me. CF hopefully your friend will understand it, And plus, I've never built a water coaster anyway, so I dont even kno which sections are considered blocks.
http://www.rct-guide.nl/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=34

CP6, I've been looking for some good workbenches, and this is going to sound weird, but they're all blank, and flat.

Now, the one thing I can't stand is trying to make hills and trees, and it really puts me off parks, lol. I hate flat parks, but I hate trying to make hills, mine just look like pyramids, lol.

Basically, do you know any like, pre-landscaped workbenches. I'm talking just a few hills and trees. It sounds a bit random, lol, but it'd save me a lot of dull time if you know of anywhere I could at least look?

^ Thanks trav, that's the one I was going to suggest as well.

I'm not too familiar with any other ones, really, although what you can do is find a park that you like-- maybe a spotlight, runner up, or design on New Element and take it into the scenario editor. Then go through and make the erase scenery tool as big as it goes and just delete everything. Then you have their mountainous landscape and a clean slate to start your park and all the objects they used.

Seddy-- still looking into that one, although Levis (the guy that wrote it) is the guy I was going to ask about it, so that's convenient.

Propably a question asked before here, but how do you save more coasters with the same name? I know there are two Goliath coasters in the game, so I thought it would be possible, but how? Names like Twister, Tempest and Hurricane (wow, I'm original!) deserve to be used on more coasters. I know I can simply save them as "Tempest2", and change the name once I build it, but the in-game Goliaths do it another way, so why can't I? How?

^I don't know if there's a way to do it "properly" but I just put a space after the name.

IE. "Tempest" and "Tempest " both look the same, and the game doesn't freak out.

Not sure if this has been asked before,

How do you run ride and roller coasters without entrances and exits. They look really messy and big and horrible so please help (I have 8 cars btw).