Which is better?

• Talon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raptor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Talon is by far better than Raptor, and I have been on both. I partially agree with UC. Raptor is not that great for a B&M Inverted Coaster. However, it is better than some other B&M Inverted Coaster out there (B:TR clones). I found it the roughest of all the B&M Inverts I have been on, and you can tell it has aged quite a bit.

On the other hand, I can't tell if Talon has aged at all. I have been on it every year since it opened, and it always feels the same: fun and forceful. It gives you sort of an out of control feeling as well. Plus, the helixes are better than any other B&M Invert's helixes (now that I think about it, Dorney Park has 3 of the most forceful helixes on coasters in the world--SF, Talon, Laser).

Snoo

The Legend
How long did that take you to type?? lol

UC said:
But throw that in the company of other Inverts - and even one long dull spot can ruin the ride. Raptor brings nothing unique to the table I can't find on other rides. The first half is bog standard, the second half is dull and boring, and the whole ride lacks theme.

As for the intensity? Sure, it's more intense than SOME B&M Inverts, but the generic layout and sucky second half make this irrelevent to the more unique and interesting B&M Inverts out there.

Yes, I agree, the dull spots to take away from the ride, but far from make the whole ride horrid...

Yes, Raptor brings nothing unique to the table, but one argument for Raptor's side is that it was one of the first inverts. The only difference between the other two inverts pre-Raptor are that they are in a small, compact area, making them more intense.

Nemesis brings nothing unique, besides the fact its a terrain ride, but you can also find that on other rides.. doesn't automatically make it a bad ride.

Generic Layout? Yes. I'd consider Raptor a starting point where many inverts after started their design

As for theme? Its at a CF park, Talon, Patriot, Great Bear (although its at HP) all lack theme.

Ben

CF Legend
Nemesis is a completely unique layout (seriously, look at the inversion set alone - Wingover/Zero-G Roll/Loop/Wingover - wtf?) in a ride that is well-paced and keeps its kick until the end.

Nemesis is not well-paced, it nearly stalls three times, neither does it kick at the end, it stalls again :p.

Just another note...

Nemesis brings nothing unique

1. Nemesis is bad, but unique I'll give it all day.
2. Raptor on the other hand ISN'T unique, it has a clone for **** sake.

Oh... and UC, there's nothing wrong with N:I :(.

Sam

Giga Poster
Jesus pissing christ Schmidt. Your keyboard must ****ing hate you.

Now, I've only been home from work a bare hour and have had a few so I will try and compose my response without posting an essay with comparitive length to the gettisberg address.

RIGHT.

When I said Raptor's layout was compact I meant that in comparison to Katun's. The helix and section around the MCBR on Raptor IS compact- Katun doesn't have a section like this. When I also compared its layout to the other big inverters I obviously didn't mean that they were identical I meant the general layout was.... loop, inline twist/immelman, batwing/cobra, helix, mcbr, loop/wingover, finale.... what I'm saying is that how the **** can people slag off Raptor's layout saying it is boring when it isn't that dis-similar to other rides in the same catagory. Not forgetting too, that Raptor was the first 'big' Inverter.... if anything all the new inverters took from Raptor.

In my post I wasn't interested in comparing Talon and Raptor.... the poll that the retarding ****ing toss broach made, like all the other he has is ****ing stupid, what I was trying to do was defend Raptor for what seems to me is unjustified stick it always gets.

Jake

Strata Poster
Raptor just looks like its been shuvved on some grass for the sake of having an invert to me! The layouts more generic too.

I think Talon looks fab. Slightly more unique, better placed, and that helix is so sexy.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
Ben said:
Nemesis is a completely unique layout (seriously, look at the inversion set alone - Wingover/Zero-G Roll/Loop/Wingover - wtf?) in a ride that is well-paced and keeps its kick until the end.

Nemesis is not well-paced, it nearly stalls three times, neither does it kick at the end, it stalls again :p

Stalls! :?

It slows down going over the top of the loop and of course other parts which every coaster does but its far from stalling. Talk about over exaggerating. I think UC means that it builds up pace, but of course it loses speed going through elements but Nemesis (What makes it unique) builds that speed back up normally going faster than what it was going into the element.

Ben

CF Legend
^I aint talking about the inversions. The parts called a 'stall turn' might be what I was refering to...

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
Ben said:
^I aint talking about the inversions. The parts called a 'stall turn' might be what I was refering to...

Sorry, My mistake. Although there called Stall Turns they do not really slow down dramatically. They still do go through them at quite a good speed so the ride still does keep a good pace even if it does slow down a certain points. But like I said it does not slow down dramatically.

Sam

Giga Poster
Never convinced me though dude.... look at nearly every post in this topic. "Raptor is fakin **** cuz its borin and stuff..... millenium forec is well **** too (nah ive never ridden dem but they must be **** innit"

Katun is 7mph faster than Raptor.... and I really can't see how it can be any more intense....

youthink?

Roller Poster
Yeah you're right UC, I just finished watching a video of Talon and it has a slightly different layout then Patriot. And the reason I like it so much is that it's the only invert I have been on! :lol:

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
However, having ridden both Talon and Raptor (as well as many other inverts, some even in "Raptor's style" as you put it (since you've never ridden anything else in "Raptor's style", probably why you think it's so great)), I can safely say that Talon, as well as pretty much everything else I've ridden in the category, beats Raptor.

Kind of interesting, like UC and I were discussing last night, that I've ridden just as many inverts (I think... it's close at least) and Raptor's my favorite of them all. Yes it, has the dead section after the MCBR, but the rest of the ride was good enough to beat all the other inverts I've ridden. True, it may be changing- it wasn't as good this year as I thought it was in 05. But it still beats an other invert I've tried.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
^Yeah, as far as I know, you're the only other person here who's ridden them both (Hyde might've, though), and it's interesting we have such differing opinions on it.

Yeah, Hyde has ridden both and according to his MH ballot he prefers Raptor....there's no surprise there, it is at CP. :roll:

I'll just point to the only person who HAS ridden both...

Okay Almost, we understand UC is your God, however just because he has ridden both does not mean his opinion has to apply to all of us. It seems like he thinks everyone with a coaster count below his has an inaccurate opinion, when they really are nothing more than opinions. Am I going to strap him to a chair, hyponotize him and force him to like Raptor just because I do? No, because just because he doesn't like it doesn't mean I have to change my opinion about it, whether he has been to more parks than me or not.

And unique layout......and intensity......and fun......it's just a better ride than Raptor is.

Well good then so what was the point of going on to write a novel about the whole situation? If that's what you think I don't think any of us give a flying ****, because I'm sure, like I am, most people are fed up with your "I've been on this, and you havn't", "Have you been here, no? Have I? Yes" type of arrogant and annoying attitude. I doubt many people even bother to read your posts now because they're pretty much just rubbing it in people's faces how you're been on more than the majority of people on here thus your opinion must be better. It's really beginning to piss me off.

And how are you to say any part of Talon is dull when YOU haven't been on it?

I meant to do what Almost was doing, and that was to claim Raptor has a dull but, when in fact he hasn't been on it, so then I did the same thing back.

I smell hypocrite......oh wait. It's just Taylor, as usual.

I smell arrogant twat. Oh wait, it's UC who the CF world would just overall be better without.

Well, alright, make that claim. Now explain to me how Dueling Dragons Fire ranks 19.

Because that's what the majority thinks.

Raptor? COMPACT? Ha! Did you even look at the pic of that layout you posted? The entire first half is a straight line

Well, being two straight lines as you're putting it really, it basically annoying because Kingda Ka is also two straight lines. So does the fact it's "straight" mean it's a worse ride?

Raptor is boring because it brings nothing new to the table,

Does B:TR bring anything new to the table? NO! So your point?

Let's see, Loop, Cobra Roll, Zero-G roll, pair of corkscrews, finishing helix. Sounds alot like Raptor, right?

Just because two things have the same elements, doesn't mean they're presented in the same way thus obviously not having the same forces.

Well, let's see......I've ridden......

Alpengeist
Talon
Montu
B:TR (SFGAdv/SFMM)
Great Bear
Dueling Dragons Ice/Fire
Raptor

You're God UC. You're totally a God. I will admire you forever for having boasted and gloated about all of the coasters you've been on, thus I will love you for thinking your opinion is the best one.

Yeah, Hyde has ridden both and according to his MH ballot he prefers Raptor....there's no surprise there, it is at CP.

Hyde really isn't that big of a fanboy. He's proud of his homepark though he's not really full of it. He's an experienced and non-biased enthusiast, so just because he says something at Cedar Point is better obviously means his opinion isn't valid.

I must go to bed now. Bye.

P.S- UC and Almost can piss off. Almost can piss off with his UC loveage and admirations.

youthink?

Roller Poster
:lol: It seems like every thread comes back to Cedar Point and if the ride is more forceful, thus=better. :roll: It's like if there were 2 haunted houses and you had to choose one or the other, some would choose the first one because it has an overall better atmosphere, doesn't rely too much on thrills, fantastic actors (Cedar Point,) while others would choose the other one which would rely on cheap thrills without delivering that whole package, actors who don't want to be there, $ way too high (Six Flags). Now I don't want to be Mr. Know It All Noob :lol: , but I mean if I see the word INVERT in the title, then automatically it's going to be about coaster counts, Cedar Point, and Batman The Ride.

I finally chose Raptor by the way :D

A

Anonymous

I don't think people should post in here unless you've been on both...

I went on Talon when it opened in 01 because my family was trying to get all the 99 top ten in. I rode Talon before I rode Raptor, and Raptor kind-of dissappointed me. It isnt very forceful on its inversions compared to talon. And thats what I look for on B&M's, force.

Talons entire ride is force, whereas Raptor just doesn't put out from after the first drop to the helix. I wasn't even impressed by the MCBR dive.

I've also been spoiled by Great B&M inverts, and to me Raptor wasn't that great.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I'm not going to lock the topic.

As I've been forced to do with so many topics before this one, I'll post here and say that if Almost wants to attack CP and LFTL wants to attack almost and UC, do it in PMs. There's not a place for that in this topic (or any other topics for that matter).

May I remind EVERYBODY of that little Respect section in the CF Forum RULES (as in, things to be adhered by). It really doesn't seem to have been enforced lately, although with more and more topics being ruined I'm not going just sit here and watch. Honestly, a few people should be banned right now, but I never ban people before giving them an ultimatum. Well here it is. This isn't really directed at anyone in particular (as much as it might look like it), but moreso as a general warning for things.

Let me also put this one out here because I've had 4 people AIM me tonight complaining...
If you haven't ridden the coasters that the topic considers, either don't post or be willing to take a lack of credibility for your thoughts. And be understanding to those who have ridden them, they've had the experience, let them tell about it.
As always, if you have an issue with all of it, please contact me via PM.

Alright, I'm finished. This topic stays open. But unless you have something to say towards Raptor vs. Talon, just let the topic fall.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
A. Almost, seriously, I like you. But you need to lay off Cedar Point. It's not a bad place, and when it boils down to it, you have NOT been there. I'm getting tired of seeing you bash it in every topic, even when it's not warranted. If you want to agree with me, awesome. I love it when people agree with me. But for goodness sakes, this topic was about RAPTOR VS. TALON, not CEDAR POINT vs. EVERY OTHER PARK. Lay off.

I won't defend my Hyde comment...that was retarded on my part.

But really where in this topic did I "attack Cedar Point". I respect the park, it's clearly a great one.

I DID say I thought Talon looked better than Raptor, I don't see where there's slagging in that comment, Talon is a great coaster and after reading reviews and seeing the layout, I came to a decision.

Saying one coaster is better than another, which is sticking to the topic, is hardly slagging on my part...

Right now after thinking, I'd say Raptor feels better. Talon's first half is "soft" much like a floorless coaster would be. Maybe I just hold the standard to B:TR's start, but Talon dissapointed.

Raptor has a cobra roll. That in itself would bring it above Talon for me. I've heard invert cobra rolls are intense as anything.

So....Raptor. *Shudders* :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
^Speaks the truth, besides the hyde comment, nothing was typed that has to do with CP.

I think its more like LFTL blowing stuff out of proportion, like always, making it seem like everyone is attacking CP, which half the time, isn't true.

But, Almost... good man. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Holy bejesus!

Almost actually admitted liking something at Cedar Point, and further supported it!

I'm so proud of you! :lol:

But yes indeed, I do believe that Raptor is the greatest B&M Invert that I've ridden.

Now, truth be told, Raptor barely beats out Talon, as it is definitely a sexy ride, but Raptor is just able to pack that extra punch of intensity that Talon is not able to truly deliver.

Though the second half of Talon is a great ride, the first half is rather bland, where it felt more like sloshing your way through the elements, easing up mid inversion. It wasn't till the bottom of the Immelmann that I was like "Wow, it sure did kick up the gear!"

With Raptor, it is able to drive through the inversions, maintaining its inertia, not truly decelerating until it begins its climb to the MCBR. Granted, it does have a bit of track in between, it is a matter of a split second while riding, which doesn't seem to interfere at all with the pacing of the ride.

Also, when we get down to final helices (that's ones for you UC! :lol: ), Raptor's is better than Talon's IMO. It definitely is a cool feeling on Talon, doing the sweeping turn seemingly inches off of the ground, but Raptor's intensity makes the difference.

Also, don't worry about the comment Almost. I'll openly admit it, I'm a Cedar Point Fanboy. Just don't let that fact make you think that I only obsess over Cedar Point and nothing else.

I've seen the stuff they're packing across the pond. :lol: