What's new

Rank the RMCs

Snoo

The Legend
Well, for one thing, you could switch the top two...

giphy.webp

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Outlaw Run
  4. Goliath
  5. Storm Chaser
  6. Twisted Cyclone
  7. Joker
  8. Wicked Cyclone
  9. Twisted Colossus

Managed to get a couple laps on the itty bitty RMC and I walked away impressed. It was short, but not too short. It shows that RMC is continuing to Sprint after hitting their stride a few years ago. Every element flowed perfectly with weightlessness in the rolls and ejector airtime over every hill. I don't think it can overtake Storm Chaser, but it's damn good.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Beep beep mother ****ers. Got an update!

1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Storm Chaser
4. Wonder Woman
5. Twisted Cyclone
6. Joker
7. Iron Rattler
8. Twisted Colossus
9. New Texas Giant

I think after much debate, Twisted Cyclone comes in at number 5 for RMC for me. It's fun, the baby wave is sexual as ****, and I loved every second of it. Back row ride was amazing.

Now to **** my entire rankings and go ride Steel Vengeance next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gad198

Roller Poster
Just finished up a California trip. Here are my rankings:
  1. Steel Vengeance. It's just as good as everyone says it is.
  2. Lightning Rod. The ride towards the end is almost too much. This is one of the few rides that ends just when you feel it should.
  3. Twisted Timbers. I was very impressed with how much RMC was able to fit in this small footprint. A near perfect mix of thrill and re-rideability.
  4. Wicked Cyclone. There was one too many inversions and the ride fizzles a bit at the end, but it's a ton of fun.
  5. Twisted Colossus. The pops of airtime on this are perhaps the most intense of any RMC I've ridden. The mid-ride lift hill kills the pacing, though.
  6. Storm Chaser. Really strong airtime and a wonderfully designed zero-g roll. Some of the track elements are very awkward which makes re-riding very difficult.
  7. New Texas Giant. A great first half. A just average second half. It's like two different coasters before and after the mid-course.
  8. Outlaw Run. Love the first inversion and the first couple of airtime hills. Replace the two rolls at the end with an airtime hill and it would be more enjoyable IMO.
  9. Iron Rattler. The best first drop of any RMC I've ridden yet. The cliff portion is ho-hum, however, and prevents a higher ranking.
  10. Railblazer. It's a fun ride with good - but not great - airtime. In some ways this is ride is more fun to watch on the ground than on the ride.
  11. Goliath. The track that there is fun, but it's WAY too short. The zero-g stall is awesome.
  12. Joker. The most family-friendly RMC. The airtime is fun, the ride is fun, but it just feels really tame for an RMC.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Not sure if I've contributed here but here's my list:

1. Steel Vengeance. This is the best ride ever built and if you disagree with that you're delusional.
2. Lightning Rod. 11/10 pacing, Quad Down is the best couple hundred feet of track ever built.
3. Wildfire. One of the most well-rounded coasters ever. Pacing, inversions, airtime, SCENERY, etc. Had to let it break in a little but by early evening it was flying.
4. Twisted Timbers. My home RMC. So much to love here. Fantastic drop in the back, amazing sustained airtime and even stronger fast pops of air. Keeps its speed very well, although the temps do affect that a bit.
5. Storm Chaser. FULL SEND with this one. Shorter ride but it helps in the end. Some of the strongest airtime I've ever felt on those 4 small hills.
6. Outlaw Run. Unmatched pacing here, fairly smooth but still feels like a woodie. Double barrel roll is garbage and does nothing.
7. Wicked Cyclone. Loved it in 2016 and almost valleyed at the end of the ride in 2018. Amazing when running fast. Average when slow.
8. Twisted Cyclone. Only got 2 rides, but this is so much fun. "Reverse Cobra Roll" is pretty dumb, wave turn is the best one RMC has done, great airtime and pacing towards the end of the ride.
9. Iron Rattler. Meh. Ok drop, not that strong of airtime, could fall asleep on top of the quarry. Gets a pass for being an early RMC.
10. New Texas Giant. Feels just as prototype-y as it is. First half is ok, second half does less than nothing.

If all goes well I'll get on the 3 Cali ones and possibly Goliath next year.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
My turn
Ridden Bold
  1. Steel Vengeance - Overall a very strong ride that will make anyone who likes RMC drool over it. Though for me, B&M and Intamin Steel* the cake.
  2. Lightning Rod - This in my opinion is the best paced coaster on the planet taking each element at a perfect speed to deliver a "Smooth" and intense ride. Now the few rough patches kind of give you a headache, but would gladly ride this over and over.
  3. Wildfire - Looks 10/10 <3
  4. Zadra - I feel like this is fair.
  5. Twisted Timbers - Amazing, THE END.
  6. Railblazer - 10/10 whip
  7. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster - 10/10 operations
  8. Outlaw Run - Amazing Night Rides, nothing to see,and blazing through the course is amazing!
  9. Hakugei - Honestly don't get why people rank it so high. Please someone tell me?
  10. Storm Chaser - Looks insane, can't wait to go in 2019!
  11. Medusa Steel Coaster - If I ever get to Mexico, would have been higher with the og wheels.
  12. Twisted Colossus - Fun, has the awesome dueling package, now, only if Felicia could get them dueling!
  13. Goliath - Home park RMC, and have gotten over 200 rides in the last 3 years, wanna hit 300 next.
  14. Wicked Cyclone - I rode it this year when it was crawling, and tbh I found it pretty pathetic.
  15. Twisted Cyclone - Fun little ride, reverse cobra roll was weak, wave threw you miles outta that seat, and quite intense.
  16. Iron Rattler - Great Drop, Zero G, and finish. Terrain part could be faster.
  17. New Texas Giant - Eh
  18. Joker - Looks like an RMC that Elmo made so everyone could enjoy it.
*Get it cause STEEL VENGEANCE!

Marnit

Roller Poster
From what I've ridden:

1. Wildfire

It's pretty good...
No clue when I'll ride another, though It'll likely be Zadra or Untamed.
(I expect Zadra to be the better of those two)

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
I've been on 7 so,
1. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
3. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
4. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
5. Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
6. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
7. Joker - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Guess I can talk RMC a bit now.
With Wildfire often considered as 'one of the better ones', I was a little skeptical about how good they can actually be.
Then this happened.

1. Twisted Colossus - So much painful airtime I love it. Yes it hurts my thighs (and/or shins, depending on how I sit. I found it good to mix it up, spread the pain around). If I respect a ride, pain is good. It even gave me a vicious punch in the arm when I got overly exuberant with a hands up. That'll teach me.
Tries to remove your clothes? Tick.
A more refined selection of inversions with each having a secondary purpose.
Character? Tick. I had no idea about the lift system slowing you down to make it race/duel(?). I love that. It's a tease. You want more? I'll give you more. But you can wait for it. And here comes the other train.
Boring lift? No way. I'd much rather be sitting on the lift hill of a rollercoaster than most other things in life. I consider it an alternate version of what I love about a rolling launch. The feeling that breaks the mould of a coaster's inherent physics to start fast, slow down, stop - 'we aint done with you yet'.
The silly stupid start bit with the first 1ft hill having stronger airtime than the UK.
The noise of the wheels on the high five bit.
The fact that it's the first ride to make me fear for my glasses since I was a noob on Balder, over 600 creds ago. Into the pouchy you go.
The pouchies.
The single central pouchy in the front car.
Just everything about the racing/duelling (I still don't know, both). I love a bit of interaction on a ride, something else to watch other than the track in front. Even if this doesn't happen, it's still an insanely good ride. It's not like all the other rides that use it as their primary selling point. On one occasion it raced Goliath instead - amazing.
Regularly sitting on the brakes in anguish, head in hands thinking how can it be that good? What am I going to do with this? These moments are so rare now.

2. Railblazer - Due to the wackiness and more intense airtime moments, but just really short and maybe slightly elevated by:
a) a new experience (which might have also been a factor with Wildfire in the first place)
b) only doing back row at night every time.
3. Joker - Didn't manage to fall for it. Could partly be the parks fault. Higher quantity of fun elements throughout than Wildfire off the top of my head, but nothing that stands out quite as much.
4. Wildfire - I do have a weird mindset in that the existence of some rides can be detrimental to another because they are no longer the best they can be, so Wildfire has taken a real hit for me now.
I've always had my doubts about the ride every time I saw it in my top ten. Did I really love it that much? I guess.
But why? I could never think why.
Doubts confirmed.
The first drop is the only airtime worth mentioning at all and there's a fair few first drops in the world to rival it. It's like the easiest part of a ride to get right and what follows should live up to that. You can ride a Vekoma Corkscrew and think it was garbage, but a bit of a pop in the first drop, best bit of the ride.
The stall thing I guess. Was sort of a unique sensation but I've felt similar in a few other things now.
The rest doesn't really do enough of the things I love from what I remember. A lot of fun, but far from game changing.
It's got no character. Just I've got some nice views and am casually claiming world's best wooden rollercoaster. I always feel slightly unsettled calling it wooden as well.

I have reordered this list 3 times at the bottom while writing it out and these are the more easily comparable rides so my overall rankings are doomed.

The lowest RMC is still well up there and all nitpicks are minor. I just like being picky unless I 100% fall for something. Then it can do no wrong.
Proper excited to get some more now. RIP legs.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Realize I hadn't updated on account of riding Twisted Timbers! Roller coasters listed below, with their respective rank in my overall coaster rankings. Overall, it's the highest rating of any manufacturer in my rankings - pretty great testament to all of RMC's work.

1. Steel Vengeance - It's fantastically technical masterpiece with the most airtime of any roller coaster in the world.
3. Storm Chaser - Small and mighty, the wheel upgrade this coaster took it from amazing to mind-boggling.
6. Outlaw Run - It's the OG ground-up RMC. Always a sweet spot in my heart as the first, real incarnation of RMC's engenuity.
13. Twisted Timbers - Oh hey! They RMCed a Hurler! It was a great adaptation of the former ride, following the gist and spirit of the Hurler layout while offering some new element and inversion tricks. Hurler at Carowinds would be a good next installment.
14. Iron Rattler - I really enjoyed the new direction RMC took with this quite mundane wooden coaster. (I mean seriously, go back and watch the POVs - dreadful) Lags some in the middle, but the opening drop, turn, inversion (RMC's first, I might add) is a really fun series.
15. New Texas Giant - Yeah it's the first, but it's also the most conservative by today's standards. Second half of airtime hills drags, and an ironic night-and-day versus it's bigger brother Steel Vengeance/Mean Streak. At least it got RMC started.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Guess I can talk RMC a bit now.
With Wildfire often considered as 'one of the better ones', I was a little skeptical about how good they can actually be.
Then this happened.

1. Twisted Colossus - So much painful airtime I love it. Yes it hurts my thighs (and/or shins, depending on how I sit. I found it good to mix it up, spread the pain around). If I respect a ride, pain is good. It even gave me a vicious punch in the arm when I got overly exuberant with a hands up. That'll teach me.
Tries to remove your clothes? Tick.
A more refined selection of inversions with each having a secondary purpose.
Character? Tick. I had no idea about the lift system slowing you down to make it race/duel(?). I love that. It's a tease. You want more? I'll give you more. But you can wait for it. And here comes the other train.
Boring lift? No way. I'd much rather be sitting on the lift hill of a rollercoaster than most other things in life. I consider it an alternate version of what I love about a rolling launch. The feeling that breaks the mould of a coaster's inherent physics to start fast, slow down, stop - 'we aint done with you yet'.
The silly stupid start bit with the first 1ft hill having stronger airtime than the UK.
The noise of the wheels on the high five bit.
The fact that it's the first ride to make me fear for my glasses since I was a noob on Balder, over 600 creds ago. Into the pouchy you go.
The pouchies.
The single central pouchy in the front car.
Just everything about the racing/duelling (I still don't know, both). I love a bit of interaction on a ride, something else to watch other than the track in front. Even if this doesn't happen, it's still an insanely good ride. It's not like all the other rides that use it as their primary selling point. On one occasion it raced Goliath instead - amazing.
Regularly sitting on the brakes in anguish, head in hands thinking how can it be that good? What am I going to do with this? These moments are so rare now.

2. Railblazer - Due to the wackiness and more intense airtime moments, but just really short and maybe slightly elevated by:
a) a new experience (which might have also been a factor with Wildfire in the first place)
b) only doing back row at night every time.
3. Joker - Didn't manage to fall for it. Could partly be the parks fault. Higher quantity of fun elements throughout than Wildfire off the top of my head, but nothing that stands out quite as much.
4. Wildfire - I do have a weird mindset in that the existence of some rides can be detrimental to another because they are no longer the best they can be, so Wildfire has taken a real hit for me now.
I've always had my doubts about the ride every time I saw it in my top ten. Did I really love it that much? I guess.
But why? I could never think why.
Doubts confirmed.
The first drop is the only airtime worth mentioning at all and there's a fair few first drops in the world to rival it. It's like the easiest part of a ride to get right and what follows should live up to that. You can ride a Vekoma Corkscrew and think it was garbage, but a bit of a pop in the first drop, best bit of the ride.
The stall thing I guess. Was sort of a unique sensation but I've felt similar in a few other things now.
The rest doesn't really do enough of the things I love from what I remember. A lot of fun, but far from game changing.
It's got no character. Just I've got some nice views and am casually claiming world's best wooden rollercoaster. I always feel slightly unsettled calling it wooden as well.

I have reordered this list 3 times at the bottom while writing it out and these are the more easily comparable rides so my overall rankings are doomed.

The lowest RMC is still well up there and all nitpicks are minor. I just like being picky unless I 100% fall for something. Then it can do no wrong.
Proper excited to get some more now. RIP legs.
Back to the important one then.

1. Twisted Colossus - Still the king surprisingly. I'm using pain as the measure for intensity (in a good way) and nothing has come close to hurting my legs (and neck?!) with airtime as much as this thing did. The out of control-ness out of the high-five hasnt been matched either, in a ride type that starts to feel a little calculated and clinical the more you delve into it. There's also several rides below that suffer from the feeling of hitting the brakes and wanting more. You hit the brakes on this thing. Then you get more. The easy way.
2. Twisted Timbers - Closest experience to the above in intensity, but weirdly not on every single lap without fail. Sometimes I'd hit the brakes not knowing what to do with myself, sometimes I'd just be thinking 'that was cool'. The big 3 hills are stupidly sublime, as was the outwards banked hill through the structure (though sadly this never got better than the 1st lap when not knowing it was there). It just keeps going and going in such an amazing fashion, but doesn't quite manage to have every single element hit the spot, like the 3 overbanks are a bit silly (and poorly balanced towards one side of the train).
3. Wicked Cyclone - Didn't get as much out of this as I would have liked (thanks again Six Flags), so it's harder to big it up. Got the right amount of length again, and the way it flows and bounces between the mixture of inversions and airtime is just beautiful. The wonky hills in particular are some of the best in the business.
4. Lightning Rod - Aww. I wanted this to be the best thing ever, but it wasn't. Expectations may have let me down slightly as I thought it was going to be one of the bigger RMCs feat. quad down, but it's actually short and quad down is 50% of the ride. The first half is a little too underwhelming for the rest of it and then just when it gets absolutely amazing, it ends.
5. Twisted Cyclone -
What it does is as good as it's wicked and twisted brothers, just half the length. Favourite bit was the immensely intense hill out of the sideways thing that you don't really see coming from the back.
6. Railblazer
7. Joker
8. Wildfire - Kicked into the dirt (of the top 30) even further now that Lightning Rod feels like wood and this doesn't. Still every one I've ridden since has those ingredients of what makes RMC amazing. This just doesn't do that stuff. Why.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Twisted Cyclone
2. New Texas Giant
3. Lightning Rod

I might get to ride Iron Rattler & Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster this year, but unfortunately that’s merely a maybe.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I've done 10 of them now, and I'll be adding Untamed later this year.

This is damn hard because there simply isn't a bad RMC out there, and I can't choose between the top 2, so they're tied. Out of the ones I've done so far...

1t. Steel Vengeance: Utterly bonkers from start to finish. Not much else to say.
1t. Lightning Rod: It took them a while to get it working, but now they've worked on it, it's a masterpiece. It's a little shaky in parts, but that really doesn't matter. The first three quarters are glorious, and the quad-down is ridiculous.
3. Storm Chaser: Still one of the biggest surprises I've ever had. Stupid airtime all over the place.
4. Goliath: Does a bit of everything, all of it really well, and that stall is incredible.
5. Twisted Timbers: More stupid airtime all over the place.
6. Iron Rattler: The slower section at the top of the cliff isn't bad - of course there's stupid airtime on those little hills, but it pales in contrast the rest of the ride.
7. Wicked Cyclone: The second RMC I did, and even though it's faded a bit compared to the newer ones I've done, it is still a great, great ride.
8. Outlaw Run: Didn't quite hit the dizzy heights in my top 10 that I thought it would, but it wasn't running at full tilt due to 1 train ops and slow dispatching. I'll judge it again when I next ride it.
9. Twisted Cyclone: A big improvement over Georgia Cyclone, but not quite up there with the Storm Chasers and the Twisted Timbers of the Smaller RMC Club. Still fab though.
10. New Texas Giant: Like Outlaw Run, I'd love to try this again when it's running better. We got a slowish run after a bit of downtime, and I know it's got more to give than when I rode it.