What's new

Rank the B&M coaster types

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
B&M is one of the top manufacters out there, and IMO, every single one of their ride models except the stand ups are great. There is one model I've never been on though. Here is my rankings for them and which ones I like the most-
8. Stand up- I've only been on 1 (Georgia Scorcher). Who wants to stand up on a roller coaster?
7. Sitting- Only been on 1 (Kumba). It was a good ride, but there are not many sitters, and I never got to ride Hulk. Maybe my opinion will change after riding that and Wildfire.
6. Flying- All of them except for Tatsu seem lame to me. I've been on Superman at Great America and over Georgia and the pretzel loop is great fun, but after that, it just is boring.
5. Floorless- The only model I have yet to ride. Bizarro looks freaking amazing, and I love the concept of your feet being close to the track.
4. Dive- Been on Sheikra, thought it was awesome, love the concept. Lots of fun. It's been about 7 years since I rode it though. Should be getting on another in Valravn (if it happens that is) next year when hopefully I finally go to Cedar Point.
3. Wing Rider- I don't get why most people don't like the wing riders. I loved X-Flight, and even though it was kinda forceless, I thought it was amazing. Graceful and plain fun rides to me. Also they're very good looking haha.
2. Invert- No explanation needed.
1. Hyper- Because airtime. Airtime is king. Been on only 2 ( Bull and Goliath) but they all look great. Bull looks like one of the worst of the bunch, but yet I still really liked it.

So what's your take on this?

I also lack their Family Coaster model and I think I will for the next few years (has anybody up here actually got a chance to ride it yet?).

And as for the others go:
1. Inverted: Katun and Nemesis were just perfect and they both still sit in my top5. Although N:I and SFMM's Batman were a tad weaker, I would still rank Inverts as my favorite type.

2. Flying: Both flyers I've done, Tatsu and Air, continue to be in my top 15. I just love the sensation

(now it gets a bit tricky, since I've only ridden one coaster per some types, but if I go by my personal ranks...)

3. Sitting: It seems a bit high, doesn't it? But I just loved Kumba that much :D

4. Wing Rider: Both Raptor and Swarm were fantastic, albeit a bit forceless compared to the other models, thus I rank them lower in this list

5. Hyper: Last of the models that I've really enjoyed, but Silver Star did leave me a bit disappointed after I rode it in 2010

6. Floorless: I've only done Scream!, which is kind of a turd when it comes to these, isn't it?

7. Dive Machine: Although the first drops on Oblivion and Sheikra were fun, the layout of both is really too short for proper enjoyment.

8. Stand-Up: I just hate the sensation, all that can be said. Riddler probably wasn't as terrible as I hated to be standing up during the ride...

1. Hyper. The best ride type in the World that doesn't start 'RMC'.

2. Dive Machine. They're fab.

3. Flyers. The good ones (Tatsu, Starry Sky Ripper) are incredible.

4. Wing Riders. I really like them, Thunderbird is great.

5. Floorless. Meh, getting more standard but still good.

6. Sit down.

7. Inverts

8. Standup. Though I still like them.

1. Hyper Coaster. As Ben said, apart from RMC's, the best ride type on the planet.

2. Dive Machine. I love Dive Machines, there needs to be more of these in the world.

3. Wing Coasters. Fun & inoffensive. Only Thunderbird really stands out but they're good, fun rides.

4. Floorless. Again, fun & inoffensive. Superman at Parque Warner I really enjoyed, the rest seemed to blend into one though.

5. Sitdown. See above. Special mention to Wildfire though, it's fab!

6. Inverts. Can't really say I dislike them more than the loopers but I do have less of a tolerance for these as far as nausea goes. I've probably been on better Inverts than I have loopers but nausea kicks in far too early for my liking.

7. Stand Up. Georgia Scorcher is **** brilliant, Mantis & Green Lantern are good fun. Vortex and Iron Wolf are actually quite offensive if you don't ride them at the front.

8. Flyers. Bottom of the pile due to their vile Superman contraptions. Air is fairly good, and I still need to ride the 'decent' ones.

1. Hyper because I dislike that most B&M types rely solely on a ride full of inversions. Inversions aren't my forte.

2. Dive Machine

3. Winged

4. Flyer

5. Invert

6. Floorless

7. Sit-down

8. Stand Up

1. Hyper. Considering I've only been on one, which is apparently one of the weaker of the lot, and loving it, I'm sure any ride on any other hyper would cement this as my fave.

2. Invert. I love a good invert, there are some meh ones but I always enjoy them.

3. Dive Machine. I'm yet to find one I don't like, but obviously are rather short.

4. Sit Down. I love Kumba, and Hulk was great until the tunnel.

5. Wing Rider. They are fun, and I'll happily ride them but they aren't great.

6. Flyer. Air sucks, but Manta's pretty good, I'd like to ride another to make a better decision.

7. Floorless. Not great, don't rank Kraken very highly.

8. Standup. No thanks.

1. Hyper - By far my favorite of their offerings.
2. Invert - Who doesn't like a good invert?
3. Flyers - If only there were more Tatsus in the world, I'd be able to put this higher.
4. Diving - Same as flyers - need more!
5. Wing - So glad these have been able to catch on around the world, and great adds for parks.
6. Floorless - A comfortable, yet exciting way to go through multiple inversions.
7. Stand-Up - A ride type that has its detractors, but still provides a fun ride.
8. Sit-down - Of course there are some amazing sit-downs in the world, though why would you want to just be sitting? :wink:

Re: Rank the B&M coaster types

1. Wing Rider - personally think the experience is very unique and there's not much else like it. Only been on The Swarm really but all of the other wing riders look amazing too.

2. Inverted - Always love a good invert, Nemesis, Montu and Black Mamba being my favourites, they're very enjoyable coasters and have very flexible layouts.

3. Flying - Again, a unique coaster type with a unique experience. I love Manta, like the look of Tatsu but the Superman coasters and Air all seem a bit too bland for my liking.

4. Dive Machine - Always love the drops on these things, very thrilling. Oblivion was a bit of a one-hit wonder (if that's even the correct phrase) in that the only feature was the drop, but most of the newer dive machines are more complex with inversions and some even have floor less cars.

5. Floorless - I only put this above Sitting as it only offers a slightly different experience in that the cars have no floors, which is, well, not that big of a deal in my opinion.

6. Sitting - I've been on Hulk, Kumba and Dragon Khan and they're all a bit plain. They don't really have any interesting features in my opinion other than the launched lift hill on Hulk. I can tell why there's only 4 operating.

7. Hyper - A sitting coaster, but with no inversions, bigger drops (if I wanted drops I'd go on SheiKra) and airtime which I'm not a huge fan of anyway. No thanks.

8. Stand-up - The ones that exist actually look like decent coasters, or they would be if they had trains that didn't crush male genitalia. Would be better with floorless or sitting coaster trains. Infact, any trains other than the ones they currently have. I've not been on a B&M standup but I have been on Shockwave and that's an insanely painful coaster.

1: Invert - My favourite coaster type. I love inverts!

2: Hyper - I've only been on one, but it was incredible.

3: Floorless - Great rides.

4: Sit Down - Also great rides

5: Dive Machine - Very fun but some are a bit meh *Cough Oblivion*

6: Flying. I really like Manta but the other Flyer I've done is poor, Air.

1. Hyper
2. Wing
3. Diving
4. Flyer
5. Invert
6. Floorless
7. Sit Down
8. Stand Up

I absoloutely adore Wing Riders that's why they are so high up there. I actually really liked Super Ultimate Flight @ Great Adventure so thats why they are at 4. I have been on so many floorless and inverts that they aren't as special as the other models to me. I love all of the B&M models except for Stand Ups so even though Sit Down is 7 its still great. I think Hulk is the only one and I loved it.

I love B&M and I think there is only one coaster of theirs I've been on that I don't like (Vortex at CGA).

1. Inverts - There are so many great ones. I think I have about 10 or more in my top 40 alone.

2. Hypers - Think some are a tad overrated, but I'm yet to ride one that I thought was at all poor.

3. Flyers - Tatsu and Manta are fab, Air is underrated, but Superman (SFGAdv) was a little disappointing.

4. Dive Machines - Always a little on the short side, but the excellent drops and floaty elements on the extended ones make you feel more satisfied.

5. Floorless - I've done 8 and they're fairy spread out in my B&M listings. Madrid Superman and Bizarro are great, Hydra and Daemonen not so much.

6. Wing - I could see me putting this above floorless when I've done more. They lack adrenaline, but are graceful.

7. Sit-down - It just so happens that roughness has been an issue for all these that I've ridden (Florida ones and DK). Trains not being floorless doesn't bother me.

8. Stand-up - Yeah, like most I prefer to sit. I really like Riddler's Revenge though.

Numbers 5 and 6 could be swapped, as could 3 and 4 probably. Other than that, I'm happy with my placings.

1. Hyper - I've only been on one but it was the best so that puts it top of the list. Can't wait to ride more!

2. Inverted - Smooth, forceful and enjoyable, I don't think you can really go wrong with an invert.

3. Dive Machines - I love the thrill of dangling over the edge waiting to drop.

4. Flying - Because the pretzel loop on Manta is so awful and amazing at the same time. Love stretching my arms out, pretending to fly :lol:

5. Wing Rider - Not very thrilling, but good fun none the less.

6. Sit Down - I just don't find them very interesting and the ones i've been on I thought were a bit overrated.

7. Floorless - Only been on one (Kraken) and didn't think much of it.

8. Standing - Never been on one.

1. Hyper
2. Sit Down
3. Inverted
4. Floorless
5. Flyer
6. Dive Machines
7. Wing Rider
8. Stand Up

Of the types I've been on:

1. Invert
2. Hyper/Giga (while Fury will hold my #1 spot for the next two weeks, I just love the feel of the invert.
3. Dive (while on paper they seem gimmicky, in real life, they are incredible experiences.
4. Flying
5. Stand-up

1. Invert Batman clones are best set of clones in world hands down. Only reason above hyper is because of Raging Bull

2. Hyper Considering the two I have are Raging Bull and Diamondback, it is a coin flip between one and two. I love floater and they provide that...and trims. Now I need to get on some good ones as the people say.

3. Flyer. Tatsu. That's all that needs to be said

4. Floorless very enjoyable, just only been on one.

5. Stand up. If you don't fully stand up they are fun, but then it's not truly a stand up.

Still have yet to ride a true sitdown and wing rider. Next summer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I haven't been on all the types, but this is what I've got:

1. Invert - I haven't really ridden a bad one. Sure, they all give different rides and some are more thrilling than others, but I've liked all of them. They always give intense rides.

2. Hyper - I usually like tall/fast vs. something with inversions, but I've been a little disappointed with some of these (namely Nitro).

3. Floorless - These are fun, but not as fun as inverts, and as I said earlier, I prefer tall/fast to something with lots of inversions.

4. Dive - I've only been on one (Griffon) and it was awesome, but I think I need to ride at least one more to rank it higher.

5. Flyer - Again, I've only been on one, but I thought it was fairly lackluster. I need to ride more to be able to judge.

6. Stand-up - I'd like to have kids someday, and the few that I've ridden may have crushed these dreams.

From what I have ridden so far:

1) Flyers. My favorite B&M is Nemesis, but Air comes second very closely.
2) Inverteds (vary from great to meh, but usually great
3) Floorless (Only ridden Superman)
4) Hypers (Only ridden Silver Star, which I think is OK
5) Dive Machines (Krake is a nice ride, but I don't like Oblivion)
6) Wing Coasters (I did like Swarm, but it wasn't great. Flug der Damonen hurted my arms and rattled.)

1. Hyper - The only one out of the seven that I've done that I didn't love was Intimidator, but apparently that's running better these days.

2. Invert - Great rides. Even the ones that aren't that good for the type are better than so many other coasters.

3. Dive Machine - Only for the drop really, but those drops are amazing.

4. Wing Coaster - Only done three, but absolutely love Parrot Coaster and Raptor.

5. Sit Down - Kumba and Khan are excellent. Hulk and Wildfire not so much.

6. Floorless - I seem to like these more than most. Apart from Daemonen and Hydra, I've really enjoyed all of the ones I've done, with Superman (Madrid) being my favourite.

7. Flyer - Not a fan of the seating position to be honest, though I really enjoyed Tatsu and Manta, they're not as reridable as most other B&M coaster types.

8. Stand Up - I've only done three, enjoying Riddler but absolutely HATING the two Vortex coasters which are, by far, the worst things to come from B&M.

1. Invert - Of the seven I've done all have been really fantastic, great great rides.
2. Hyper - I know my number 1 is a hyper but I've only ridden the one, I can't put this first because the one coaster I've ridden happens to be **** amazing.
3. Flyer - Air is amazing. Manta is amazing-er.
4. Floorless - It's close between floorless and wing riders for 4th place but every ride I've had on a floorless B&M has been flawless, forceful, exhilarating and ice smooth, love them.
5. Wing - Again, I love Swam and really like Flug, but they have to be done right with using the seating position to the max like Swarm does, and like what Gatekeeper seems to do from looking at POVs.
6. Dive Machine - To be fair, the last 3 options are pretty much interchangeable. Oblivion is fab, Krake is fantastic, Sheikra is also amazing, the reason why I've put it in 6th is because apart from the 'dive' and the extended inversion or 2 on the latter two mentioned, for me they don't do much else, but they're still amazing.
7. Sit Down - Again this could go anywhere within the last 4, although probably not above the floorless, Khan is amazing as is Kumba but the floorless element adds an extra Je ne said quoi.

Never done a stand up B&M :/