What's new

Rainbow Magicland future

iac17

Mega Poster
News just came out that the park under the new Pillarstone management will undergo major refurbishments and investments for a total of 40 million euros in the next 4 years.

"With this agreement - states a note - Pillarstone Italy becomes the sole shareholder of the Park's management company and launches an investment plan for a total of 40 million euros, which will allow a total relaunch of activities and business."

Source (In Italian): https://www.latina24ore.it/eventi/150922/rainbow-magicland/

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hopefully this will give it the kick it needs, would be such a shame to see it close as I always thought it was a fairly beautiful park when it opened!

Lofty

CF Legend
I'll be honest, I have absolutely no desire to revisit the park, unless they invest in a good 2-3 new coasters. I was in and out within 4 hours, one of those hours was spent waiting around for them to open the two kiddie coasters.

peep

CF Legend
I hope they invest in all the right places, I feel like the original plans were so ambitious and then it never really took off. They've not really had a solid investment/addition since opening.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Its a shame really as both Rome parks (this and Cinecitta World) appear to be struggling. I prefered this place to Cinecitta but it as @peep mentions its still 1 or 2 coasters away from being a good park. They have eveything else in the ride line up (basic requirements such as the rapids, water coaster, dark rides and other smaller coasters) but just need another star attraction.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I was in Italy back in June, 2016 and I skipped this park, Cinecitta World, and Etnaland. Even though they had fairly cheap admission, I didn't think any of them looked worthwhile. It's always sad when parks struggle, but I'm not surprised about this one.

iac17

Mega Poster
New for 2019:
-A new jungle themed area called "Tonga" will replace the old kid area
-A Log flume called "Nui Lua" will be the major new attraction in the new themed area (it will have a 8 and a 12 meter drop)
-Motogiungla 'll take Pixie river place
-They are also going to build a covered playground area for kids called "jungle camp"
-Haunted hotel will replace "demonia" as the new horror attraction in the park
-and other refurbishments around the park

The park decided not to renew the Rainbow licence (will end in 2021)
we'll see many changes in the theme in the near future (like a name change for the park the removal of the winxs brand ecc)

Source(in italian):https://www.theparks.it/rainbow-mag...inbow-magicland-ci-apre-le-porte-tutte-n2327/

*Personal opinion*
2019 is the kids year but 2020 could be more focused on adults
a large part of Pillarstone investments will be dedicated to the first three seasons
*cough**cough*maybe a new rollercoaster*cough**cough*;)

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
Its a shame really as both Rome parks (this and Cinecitta World) appear to be struggling. I prefered this place to Cinecitta but it as @peep mentions its still 1 or 2 coasters away from being a good park. They have eveything else in the ride line up (basic requirements such as the rapids, water coaster, dark rides and other smaller coasters) but just need another star attraction.
Very true you also have luneur park back in the mix although at a very small scale i doubt it will last for long.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm glad Demonia is going, it was ****ing ****. I can't help but think they're just going to rename it and change a bit of the facade yet the inside will remain untouched. My god, Italian scare attractions are a bit ****.

iac17

Mega Poster
I'm glad Demonia is going, it was :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing :emoji_poop:. I can't help but think they're just going to rename it and change a bit of the facade yet the inside will remain untouched. My god, Italian scare attractions are a bit :emoji_poop:.
they are going to build the new one in a completely new area (ex domus aurea building) so is impossible for it being only a crappy retheme

Matt N

CF Legend
Looks great! This park's future seems really positive; I reckon another big coaster to complement Shock would do the park wonders, as Shock is their only huge thrill ride at the moment.

I could also see some other areas of the park receiving regeneration, because some of the rides like Cagliostro apparently aren't great.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, interesting that they're dropping the brand and losing the IPs, surely that'll be a costly change seeing as the IPs are integrated in quite a few rides (what will they do with Huntik?).

The first investment for this year seems like a safe but fairly unexciting one. Intrigued to see what things look like when complete.