Queue time killing ideas

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've been looking at theme parks books and I found this one:
http://www.joylandbooks.com/books_new/t ... review.htm

In a nutshell, it's a book full of ideas on how to kill time in long queue lines.

Aside from the obvious (going on a CF-Live :p) what games or stuff can you do to help pass the time?

I'd like to know what's inside this book but I'm buggered if I'm paying a fiver when this sort of information can be found for free on the internet!

(It's like people that buy cookery books. WHY? There's tonnes of recipes on the internet!)

So, satisfy my cheapskate needs, what do you do to kill time?

CF top trumps was by far the funniest thing I've seen in any queueline.

Other than that, its usually just general chat, or farting and trying to pass the blame onto other people LOL.
Take a camera and get some nerd shots.

One amusing one is asking your mate if he would 'de her' or not to every person you can see in the queue line. Can be amusing and passes the time quickly.

Or, one that me and Martyn do, is guess the coaster! Simply describe a coaster by saying something like 'yellow' and after each hint the other gets to guess. Its actually quite fun! :D

^ That would be fun if any of the friends you go to theme parks with know about roller coasters. :lol:

The front cover of the book is a ferris wheel and its queue off RCT! How sad :lol:

A good old fashioned mexican wave can keep you entertained for hours in a queue! I remember one in the Colossus queueline at Thorpe last year. It started at the entrance to the queue, and it was great to see it go round the whole circuit as it turns back on itself and then into the station :--D

I may buy the book though just to see what's inside, I mean it's only a fiver.

Deano123321 said:
That would be fun if any of the friends you go to theme parks with know about roller coasters. :lol:

I dont take peeps who dont know anything about coasters when i go to theme parks. They're boring bastards :p

Other than that, its usually just general chat, or farting and trying to pass the blame onto other people LOL.

Haha, so now I know if I'm ever in the UK that if I smell something stinky in the queue line and you're trying to blame it on someone else, it was really you?

I usually just talk to people or try to make people scared of going on the coaster.

I find a general chat with friends passes the time really quickly. Some recent examples:

Nemesis Inferno the day before the Euro-Live. Was in a group chat with Slayed, Peter and Leighton, then Harvey turned up, followed by Mushroom, Steven, and a couple of others. The queue went so quickly that I forgot about the awful stench coming from X://NWO.

Any ride at Alton Towers. When I went last and met up with Lofty the queues went super quick. Even though the park wasn't busy at all, all the rides felt like we walked straight on. :p
(Only Lofty and I will understand how that happened).

So yeah general banter keeps the spirits high and the queuing time goes in the blink of an eye.

Hmm, I was kind of hoping for some original ideas and not "we just chat".

I like to play scrabble on my mobile phone! - Good way to challenge your brain while queueing and beating the phone is always good :D

Also taking photos as Pierre said :)

I kill the time by getting a fastpass and riding other stuff in the meantime

If the park doesn't offer fastpass, I play pocket billiards. Hurr.

"how many Henley's t-shirts can you see?"

"how many mr men t-shirts can you see?"

Just a taster of our fantastic queue-time games.

also:

"spot the hottie!"

"rate that guy out of 10"

I quite enjoy counting up the number of stupid things chavs say.

It sounds dumb, but it really tests how quickly and how high you can count. :lol:

I think I just find stuff to keep me occupied in the queues. If someone has an idea for a game I'll happily join in. If not, then it's just a chat.

Mentally undressing females in the queue, discussing if you'd 'do them', trying to work out how old the surrounding jailbait is.

Beating up a goon (Will)

Chain smoking

Farting and wafting

Eating tins of cold baked beans

Yes, a queue line is never boring for me!

I have that book Ian (don't bother wasting a fiver) :lol:

I like playing 'screamer' while waiting for Rita or Stealth. When you can see the front row of the trains, you try to guess what the reaction of the riders will be. Will they scream, piss themselves or laugh? It's good to see people's reactions.

There's a variation of Paper/Scissors/Rock you can play too, only with multiple people.

It's more gangsta than PSR, as you have a gun (pretend, use a finger :lol: ). You have Kill, Defend and Reload as you options, and three lives. You all start off with a single bullet in your gun, and the first round you can either shoot somebody (anyone you like), or Defend. If you are defending, all shots at you dodged. Otherwise, you get hit and lose a life. If you have shot, then you need to either defend, or reload next round. If you are reloading, you can be shot by anyone with a bullet in their gun. You can only ever have one bullet in your gun.

The hand movements are Up to the side of your body and head for reload. Point and shoot if you're attacking somebody, or arms crossed across your body for defend.

So you have to work out if you're a target, if somebody is likely to shoot you, who is going to defend, etc, etc. It also brings out petty rivalries of course :)

When I can be arsed, I'll bring along my juggling balls, it whiles away a bit of time, but I tend to have a bag, which is a pain when juggling.

I always carry around a set of CoasterForce Top Trumps of course :)

Hoe downs, Dance offs, Eating, counting every cross bar on a coasters track (is hare with B&Ms) I usually just buy fasttrack so I skip the queue.

Singing songs with your friends is usually pretty fun. Sometimes it sounds alright and that's nice, but sometimes it just sounds terrible and you get funny looks from everyone around you, and then it's hilarious.