Proper Football (y'know, with your foot and a ball) Thread

marc

CF Legend
Re: Proper Football (y'know, with your foot and a ball) Thre

Right now it looks like we will lose Bale and our manager, not looking good :(

Nicky

Hyper Poster

Don't moan about it. Not like we aren't going to see a soccer game when we are in New York...

Oh the joy of supporting two teams (Man Utd since I was born and Palace since I started going out with Benin) who used to be in separate leagues (apart from the odd Carling Cup Quarter Final) to now have them both in the same league. Bit hard to support both of them now.

Dan1989

Mega Poster

Cant wait for the season to start again COME ON YOUR BLUES!!! (MCFC)

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

I hate football (soccer, yeah yeah America), I just find it really boring. Football is a lot more interesting.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Jason Voorhees said:
I hate football (soccer, yeah yeah America), I just find it really boring. Football is a lot more interesting.

Good for you, there's a Egghand thread you can discuss that on...

As for Palace, it's looking to be exciting so far for the season... I have my season ticket sorted, although cannot attend the Spuds match due to holiday, so will be finding the nearest bar that has it on tv...

It won't always be fun, but I reckon it'll be a fun season regardless, with a focus on the team spirit against the moneybags clubs that certainly stood ourselves strong when it mattered last year...

Dan1989

Mega Poster

^Nah were getting Messi and are putting 10 past you =P

BBH

Giga Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
Jason Voorhees said:

Good for you, there's a Egghand thread you can discuss that on...

As for Palace, it's looking to be exciting so far for the season... I have my season ticket sorted, although cannot attend the Spuds match due to holiday, so will be finding the nearest bar that has it on tv...

It won't always be fun, but I reckon it'll be a fun season regardless, with a focus on the team spirit against the moneybags clubs that certainly stood ourselves strong when it mattered last year...
You're a Palace fan? Don't mind Crystal myself. You've got yourselves an online celebrity on your squad, Ramage.

Dan1989

Mega Poster

I have somewhat of a football dilemma, I was born in Blackpool, grew up in Manchester (As a Man City fan) I now live in Blackpool and work as a steward at Blackpool FC. I enjoy watching Blackpool's games and always cheer them on to win. I used to get to East lands alot, and working at Blackpool kind of splits my loyalties. City have always been my childhood team, but do I consider myself as a Blackpool fan, or just a natural?

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I would say city is your allegiance, once you consciously have started supporting a team you should never really change. The only real exception is if you've truly fallen out of, for lack of a better word, love, with your team and feel drawn to support somewhere else due to exceptional circumstances. Being born in Blackpool and now being back there working would certainly be good reasons to.
However, having a 2nd team to support is fine, I follow a couple of other teams, but my first love is spurs.

I guess what I'm saying is if you care more about BP and would prefer them to win against city then I think you have your answer. If you have doubts then I would say stick to your childhood team.

Dan1989

Mega Poster

So I work as a match day steward at Bloomfield road, and I must say what a day yesterday was. Right from the off both sets of fans were in full song. DJ Cambell literary had a fight on the pitch then got battered buy police in the tunnel after refusing to get sent off. (myself and about 20 over stewards on the south stand hand to stop a pretty much full blown pitch invasion with the fans rearing to get at him for hitting a Blackpool player, then they both get sent off, it was a shame to concede a late own goal, but hey that point has put Blackpool up into 4th now =)

As for Man city, I **** hate Chelsea with a burning passion, but what a stupid mistake from our defense