What's new

Project 0 - Thorpe Park

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
There's nothing wrong with this but I don't see why some enthusiasts are like 'This is the next big thing REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' when it's just a few changes to a scare maze, Which most enthusiasts haven't done/care about.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It shows how well Thorpe have got geeks wrapped around their little finger. All they have to do is put a 0 instead of a O and they get the geeks talking left, right and centre and lots of extra exposure.

This is at a time when the UK is still riding high on its first woodie in over 20 years and we're getting a more-than-decent-looking Mack multi-launch opening in less than a month.

Whoever or whatever "Project 0" is, they've got a bright future ahead given how well they can market...

Smithy

Strata Poster
giphy.gif

Will

Strata Poster
It shows how well Thorpe have got geeks wrapped around their little finger. All they have to do is put a 0 instead of a O and they get the geeks talking left, right and centre and lots of extra exposure.
This is precisely it - Thorpe fans are so easily impressed that it's easy to troll them and it's been like this for years. Apparently even queue line grafiti has them excited.
And it's hard to be impressed by Merlin being able to do this when it's like shooting fish in a barrel and when the end product, if it even exists, is highly likely to be a celebration of mediocrity.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Thorpe absolutely have to get a top of the range product this time, everything lately has either been ****, or a retheme. Buy some good hardware for once, no sorry, buy amazing hardware for once, anything but the best will once again be a disappointment.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ Whatever that is, needs another 20 or 30 feet of height, elements are way too drawn out. Would not bang.

Will

Strata Poster
Doesn't look like a world-beater (nor particularly realistic) but I'd go back to Thorpe without moaning if they built that.

As long as it was a Mack.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Something like this would be nice at Thorpe:-

Question from the non-nerd: these computer generated mock ups, are they based on any kind of real physics? Cos that^ thing just doesn't look like it would have enough momentum to complete the layout.
Otherwise looks ok. Can't see how Thorpe would sell that though. No USP, see.

I'm still saying wood. More than likely GCI, but wouldn't put money on that bit. Out and back layout, along the old railway line towards the farm. 'UK's longest, tallest, fastest wooden roller coaster'. It's a done deal, man, I'm telling you. Wouldn't even need a gimmick or a theme - the stats alone would sell that.
If Thorpe Park don't build exactly that, then they are literally nuts.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A GCI would be the bottom line for me for Thorpe's next coaster, and that bottom line is higher than the likes of Wicker Man, and is more along the lines of Mystic Timbers.

EDIT:- So this is 100% legit, because Thorpe are putting 0s in every single one of there tweets:-

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK?lang=en-gb

Last edited: