What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

So excited. I really am. 5 camelbacks? I know it's not a lot, but I do sure hope they provide a slight section of airtime.. I'm still kind of hoping for the Diamondback style seating, i know the initial concept shown otherwise, but oh well.

The 5 camel backs could just be the run back to the brake run?

Actually, after looking up, a lot of other B&M Mega's only have 5 in their entire layout, that's not bad at all.

According to PAFans, they mention it having a layout length of around 1,400m (4921 ft), is it just me in thinking, that comparing the size and such to the other's of this height, that's an extremely small length?

That layout looks fab. The helix turnaround looks fierce!

Actually, I'm just really excited by that layout. Looks like a great, solid, B&M Hyper. Something Europe has been screaming for more than I made your mum scream last night.

Am I the only one who can't find the layout?

EDIT----
Never mind, found it. That looks good! Well, if a bit unoriginal...

dominoes said:
Am I the only one who can't find the layout?

EDIT----
Never mind, found it. That looks good! Well, if a bit unoriginal...

Um, it's a Hyper. Look at the other ones, they're all kind of "unoriginal" to put it into idiot terms. In reality, it's a simple layout that does what a hyper is meant to do (hopefully). Forceful valleys and airtime hills.. That's it.

Looks cool, that helix at the far end does look impressive, although I cant figure out whether the highest point is where you enter (like Goliath @ SFOG) or where you exit (like Nitro) or if the highest point is in the middle like the turnaround on SLC's like at the end of Kumali.

Also, the shaded green area adjacent to the top of the lift hill, tunnel or MCBR? I think its a tunnel because there's a camelback immediatly after it, but in that case the MCBR doesn't seem to be marked on the layout. I'm guessing one of the two are just after the helix, otherwise there seems to be a long straight.

I'd SAY that was a tunnel, just because of how the brakes on it, and the MCBR on Khan, are marked.

Other than that, I'm getting more excited the more I look at this. The two of them being that close together might make this the best little section of coastery goodness in the entire World ever.

Am I being stupid? Because I can't find the layout or anything on that site.

The first brakes I can see are just before the final turn, seems kinda late to have a MCBR when there's only 1 camelback left before the blocks. At least that should mean the ride keeps its speed, unless it's trimmed to hell or i'm misinterpreting the plans.

Well not bad.. after all it is a B&M Hyper.. but that helix should be amazing.. along the lines of Goliath at SFoG.. which was incredible.

^Are you actually serious?

Really?

Are you THAT thick?

It's the red one. How OBVIOUS is that?

Mod Edit: It is unacceptable to call someone thick on the forums. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic other than be nasty to someone, don't post. This is a warning to everyone.

He's new to the forums, and maybe he is not a massive aware fan of PA so he might not know .
The layout seems good, this will be a great coaster.

He's got nearly 500 posts, that's not new.

And you don't have to be familiar with it to know the one with eight inversions... probably not the Hyper. Which has none.

God knows what he'd do if Stampida was on the plans too. "Is it the brown wooden one?"

In tucoaster's link (the one I looked at) you couldn't even see the Cobra Roll. Sorry. :roll:

I haven't even been on the PA website. I am Canadian and don't pay as much attention to the parks I will never go to. Where is DK in the plans, Ben?

BTW, if this will be the highest coaster in Europe, what was before? Silver Star?

Now can we all just get back on topic?