What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

Recreacion-de-la-montana-rusa-_54234927276_53389389549_600_396.jpg

nice colors

Great rendering, but it looks more like an Intamin than B&M :lol:

Wow! That's a lot of money for what they're getting... But I assume the theming will be extensive! And maybe the cost is for the entire new area?

No announcement on their website though.. I hope they'll reveal the layout and maybe a pov soon :) really excited now!!

Ohh! And I noticed the new coaster will be 1 km/h slower than Baco still making Baco the fastest coaster of Europe. Interesting move from PA!

I have to doubt about that render.

the name is obtained from the logo, which was "filtered". The name is NOT confirmed

The render is from a news agency with the story

PortAventura invierte 25 millones para erigir la montaña rusa más alta de Europa
Está previsto que la nueva atracción, cuyo nombre estará relacionado con el Himalaya, esté operativa la próxima primavera

Barcelona. (Redacción).- El parque de atracciones PortAventura invertirá 25 millones de euros en una nueva atracción, que empezará a funcionar la próxima primavera. Se trata de la montaña rusa más alta de Europa cuyo diseño corre a cargo del propio parque de atracciones y de la empresa Bollinger&Mabillard, que también diseñó el Dragon Khan.

PortAventura mantiene el secreto y el misterio sobre el nombre de la nueva atracción que, según fuentes del parque, estará relacionada con el montañismo y la cordillera del Himalaya.

El presidente de la Generalitat, Artur Mas, ha presidido este mediodía la colocación de la primera piedra y ha aprovechado para asegurar que los inversores ven en Catalunya "un país abierto a la actividad y atractivo para grandes proyectos".

La futura nueva atracción batirá tres récords europeos: será la más alta de Europa (76 metros); tendrá la caída más larga de Europa (78 metres) y el hypercoaster europeo más rápido ya que alcanzará los 134 kilómetros por hora en la primera bajada.

Mas ha reivindicado como factores clave para la reactivación económica que Catalunya sea un país business friendly y abierto a la actividad. "Son dos cosas muy importantes si queremos ser atractivos tanto por los inversores de dentro como por los de fuera, para que se ilusionen y lleven a acbo grandes proyectos aquí", ha asegurado.

Barcelona. (Editorial) .- The PortAventura theme park will invest 25 million euros in a new attraction, which will start next spring. It is the tallest roller coaster in Europe whose design is provided by the park itself and the company Bollinger & Mabillard, who also designed the Dragon Khan.

PortAventura maintains secrecy and mystery about the name of the new attraction, according to the park, will be related to mountaineering and the Himalaya.

The president of the Generalitat, Artur Mas, has chaired this afternoon the laying of the foundation stone has been used to ensure that investors see in Catalonia "a country open for business and attractive for large projects."

The future new attraction will beat three European records: is the highest in Europe (76 meters) will fall longest in Europe (78 meters) and the European hypercoaster faster and it will reach 134 kilometers per hour on the first run.

But has claimed as key factors for economic reactivation that Catalunya is a business-friendly country and opened for business. "They are two very important things if we want to be attractive for both investors inside and those outside, to be carried acbo illusions and big projects here," he assured.

Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

D1993 said:
Shambhala?
What a weird name!
I think I like it though? It is chinese or another language for something???

Im trying to find more info on this (apparently its being announced now??), but everything is just spanish spanish and not all websites have that translate thingy.
Grrr. I want to see a layout!
According to this website:

http://en.tucoaster.com/coaster/view/sh ... alaya.html

The coaster will be 76 metres tall (249 feet) and have a 78 metre drop (256 feet). You already know what the top speed will be, but in miles its 83mph. Well that sounds absolutely freaking awesome.

Does anyone have any information concerning the layout?!? ..........

tucoaster: is the announcement thing happening now featuring a video of the layout?
Want to see sooooooo bad.

The event was this morning (3 or 4 hours ago).

It was something like a "lay the foundation stone" thing (sorry for my english). In that event, the park has confirmed some details, but there is no video / layout confirmation.

I hope we'll get something more soon

I reckon this is going to have the Leviathon trains. Just a guess, but the picture seems to indicate wider trains.

The picture also seems to indicate a new track type and off-center supports (they lean in different directions). I wouldn't trust that image to be any sort of correct.

"Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

Wow what a great theme, all the mountains that are in view from the park will make this fantastic. It's also great that you cannot see the sea from the park as well.

Am really happy that this has been confirmed but have no idea how they will pull that theme off tbh. Will be very interested to see.

Did you guys know that the drop will be 2 metres bigger than the height of the ride? You don't see THAT very often...

Looking good

^Dragon Khan has a 4 meter bigger drop then the height of the ride.

CoasterCrazy said:
Did you guys know that the drop will be 2 metres bigger than the height of the ride? You don't see THAT very often...

It's not exactly rare! New Europa Park Woodie... Oblivion, Nemesis, etc.

I'm really excited about this ride, I wonder if their going to build mountains ala Exp. Everest. I also wouldn't trust the rendering to be at all accurate, but the vivid blue is nice.

Awesome! Pretty clever theme being behind Dragon Khan and all. Defo going to Port Aventura next year! And Tibidabo, I need the extra cred there <3 Plus Port Aventura is pretty cool, the bars are so cheap <3

Yep 100% got to go again next year, should be easy to get there as well thanks to Southend airport. Stupid how it will be cheaper to go there than Alton lol.

It is going to look STUNNING behind Dragon Khan. The colour contrast and the sheer size of it. Really cool. I like the theme, It's been done before quite a few times but it works and it's cool.

Re:

marc said:
Yep 100% got to go again next year, should be easy to get there as well thanks to Southend airport. Stupid how it will be cheaper to go there than Alton lol.

Yeah I agree. I live fairly near Stansted, and you can get some cheap flights to Reus off-season. Plus you can get some super cheap hotels in Salou (Hotel Euro-salou was pretty nice for the price). All in all works out cheaper than going to some of the more northern UK parks for us living in the south.

Very glad this has been confirmed. Hopefully they'll pull off the theme.
Not sure what I'm more excited about now, this or The Swarm!

Awesome! I'm so happy it's the coaster we all wanted and it's going to really put PA as one of the best parks in Europe.

PA trip next year is an absolute must now.

I guess construction should start pretty soon if it's to open for next year. looking forward to following it, were pretty spoilt next year with this and Swarm!

This looks an interesting coaster, i hope that's not the real name though as i don't like it imo.
Cant wait for more info to arrive.

I'm looking more forward to Thorpes tbh as that's different, this will probably be like ever other hyper coaster.