What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

More information:

According to Santiago from PA-Community, who also works at the park, people from B&M will be soon on site to supervise the construction of the new coaster, which should start in August.

cHICOS, ES UNA HYPER, es lo que han comprado a B&M. Os he dado las caracteristicas, longitud, plazos, coste, tipo de vehiculos. porque ya lo han comprado, pedido, parcialmente pagado....Esta informacion esta super confirmada y han visto los papeles ya mucha gente.
Entiendo que dudeis pero en esto estoy super seguro. Lo estan haciendo ya y pronto vereis a la gente de B&M por el parque.
para que lo sepais, han escogido la alternativa numero 8, si han rehecho 8 veces el proyecto pero finalmente se han quedado con la octava alternativa.

En agosto se instala: pernos de anclaje y las plantillas de los cimientos
En noviembre: columnas y railes de la estacion
en diciembre: columnas y railes del lift
En enero: resto de columnas y railes de la ride
El primer tren llegara en Enero.
15 de abril primeros test.
15 de mayo entrega a portAventura.
Los plazos son comodos y no habra problemas.

Seran tres trenes de ocho vagones cada uno. 32 personas por viaje. Aprox. 1650 personas por hora.

Otra cosa es la tematizacion, que todavia no se por donde llegara.

Entonces, todavia dudais que es una Hyper? Recordad:
- Caida de 78 metros
- 1 tunel
- 1 doble helice
- 1 curva de alta velocidad
- Efectos artificiales de agua
- 5 camel backs

los vehiculos son los que estan instalados en :
Behemoth
Diamondback
Intimidator

The post is in Spanish, but it translates into:
- It's a B&M hyper. PA has already payed a good chunk of money to B&M.
- The project had eight versions, from which PA have chosen the 8th.
- The schedule should be:
August-october: groundwork and foundations
November: first supports and station
December: more supports and lift hill
January-March: rest of the layout. First train should be in PA by January
15th April: first test run
15th May: opening
- There will be three trains, each holding 32 people with an hourly capacity of 1650 pph. These trains will be the same as the ones installed on Behemoth, Diamondback and Intimidator.
- The ride will feature: first drop of 78 meters, a tunnel, a double helix, a high speed turn (I am guessing a horseshoe turn), a water feature and 5 camelbacks.

To me, this screams Diamidator out loud. Not only because of the capacity, or trains, but because of the water feature on Diamondback and the number of hills on Intimidator.

I don't think the stats are that impressive, but let's see how PA pull it off...

I don't think the stats are that impressive, but let's see how PA pull it off...

They may not vary much from what we've seen built in America, but I think a new-school B&M hyper coming over to Europe is enough reason to get excited. As B&M focus more on graceful open flying experiences rather than intensity, their best model to show it off is their hypers, and they seem to be really impressing people over the pond.

Its a good move by the park and they need a coaster like this tbh. Would go back to the park for this.

Would love to see the ride ops meet that through put as they were bad when we last went at loading and unloading.

Its great to hear more on this, but there's still nothing official...

PA have always been very quiet about their new rides. I mean, in a recent meeting between PA-Community and the management, the PR guy said that they won't reveal anything until they have everything covered (as in, name, themeing, official opening date, etc.). Besides, would you risk loosing part of your customers announcing this in high season? I don't think so...

And ^^, Marc, yeah. I thought exactly the same. If they want to hit capacity, they will have to hire a crew that actually work their asses off. Then again, B&M hypers are pretty easy to check.

Someone should fix the news on the front page. The ride won't feature 8 inversions. PA had 8 versions of the same ride to choose from (8 proposed layouts with different features), and they chose the 8th.

^ haha! :shock: <-- my reaction when I read that news post.

Glad to see that it was actually 8 different versions of the ride, but I am not saying that 8 inversions with the clam shells wouldn't be awesome! :--D

I can't say that I'm a big fan of B&M hypers, but then again I've not ridden the newer versions which seem to be getting positive reviews. I've been meaning to visit Port Aventura for a while now - maybe next season will be the time to get off my ass and finally do something about it.

Is everyone sure its going to be a B&M?

On every single drinking cup during my week at PA this year, they had an image of Maverick. This could suggest an Intimidator 305 type jobby.

I'll post a picture when I upload it from my phone.

RE: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

If they don't fail and trim the **** out of what would be an amazing airhill, then this should be great. That is the only reason diamondback isn't my number one, trim of death. Made us crawl the rest of the way which was a damn shame.

This sounds like a really nice coaster. Let's hope these aren't just rumours and become into fruition!

CPcisco said:
^ haha! :shock: <-- my reaction when I read that news post.

Glad to see that it was actually 8 different versions of the ride, but I am not saying that 8 inversions with the clam shells wouldn't be awesome! :--D

Hahahah! This exactly! When I saw the new article, my reaction was "WTF?! WHYYYYYY?! Right NEXT to Khan as well???!!! WTactualF???!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????!!!!!"

But yes, this makes a hell of a lot more sense now.

Screaming Coasters said:
Is everyone sure its going to be a B&M?

On every single drinking cup during my week at PA this year, they had an image of Maverick. This could suggest an Intimidator 305 type jobby.

I'll post a picture when I upload it from my phone.
They've been that way for a while. And no, it suggests absolutely nothing. Tonnes of parks buy stock photos/videos instead of actually taking their own.

What's Mav got to do with I305 anyway?

I wan't to see a layout! Five camelbacks and a double helix sounds sweet though!

^Sounds pretty standard I guess when you look at all the other hypers about.

About bloody time! Port Aventura rarely seems to get new attractions, but when it does it's more than worth it.

Not sure if this alone will be worth a visit. Only time will tell.

I've been following this topic, but haven't said anything because I don't have anything to contribute, never having ridden a B&M hyper/mega. I still don't, but I'm excited that one might be coming to Europe. What do the camelbacks feel like to ride. Do you get any decent airtime?

^If it's anything like Silver Star and Diamondback then it'll be some good old fashioned floater airtime throughout the ride...

I really hope its nothing like Silver Star, what a waste of space that would be.

The B&M that was built other year 1305 or whatever its called has not done that well with reviews either.

It all depends if you like floater time tbh, I was not a great fan of it on Silver Star, just when you thought "here we go" trim :(

B&M megas are a bit hit and miss with me. I've found some of them to rattle really badly, like Baco-not-not-so-bad kind of rattling.

I loved Apollo and Goliath, the others were all good but nothing special.

I thought Intimidator was alight actually, I certainly preferred it to Nitro and Silver Star. Nitro was SO rough.