What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

I have to admit I *LOVE* the look of the trains! The golden and turquoise look very cool together, and the zero car looks very sleek.

I guess the front camera will shoot each ride to make a personal POV, to avoid having DVDs with B-roll from the ride. Very nice detail!

Pictures were taken from this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFqraTar8UY[/youtube]

Source: PortAventura TV (PA Youtube channel)

Now this is Juxtaposition!

Shambala: Beautiful, elegant (sexy?) trains with a gleaming and complementing colour scheme!
Dragon Khan: Well, erm, ruined by the colour scheme.

Yet another video from PA Youtube channel (PATV):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrd0sVkuMc[/youtube]

This one shows the assembly of the last piece of track.

Haha, they made the installation of the final segment look so intense :p

So I guess I never realized that they are using the same trains as Diamondback (essentially) which I always thought looked kinda bulky although they do have good legroom :-D No doubt the zero car looks awesome though...minus the camera

^ Serious? I think these Second Gen trains look far less bulky than their original shaping. They look really open and are a lot more appealing than the previous.

Golden Statues all dotted around the area. Yes, I see what you mean, it doesn't fit the theme, at all in fact...

th720_3864010ca8d49046299e451279e20751.jpg

Courtesy of PAC Community.

The time has come... :p

There you go! The video was shot this afternoon ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_YBegFAthI[/youtube]

Source: pipiolo84 from PA-Community.com

I doubt a lot that the coaster will run at THAT speed... I mean, it ran even slower than Silver Star with hard trims ON. I would give it a lot more testing to see what it can really do. After all, the lift hill seemed to run very slowly (testing reasons, I suppose) and we don't know about the wheel configuration...

Hmm. I'm still looking forward to it, but hopefully it's gonna warm up a little bit before then and be a bit quicker. Still, really looking forward to it.

@Lofty: The trains are definitely spacious and free as I said before...I just mean that the floor is huge and everything seems like it takes up more space than is necessary. It's not bad really, I just think it looks odd.

And yeah, the video did make it seem slow especially over the airtime hills and & element but it was really chuggin up that lift. Perhaps they are testing for more of a pure gravity run in the sense that the coaster will make it through the entire circuit with not much more than its own weight coming over the hill. Nice to see that the MCBR didn't kill the speed really...we'll see if that's still the case when they get this thing running faster.

No-ones pleased with the first test runs, it's just natural to feel like 'that's it'. I wasn't expecting it to plummet around the track anyway, it's rare that B&M Hypers do that, and everything about Shambhala screams 'elegant' to me, its not like it's themed to have ferocious drops and 'out of control'.

I can't wait to see more footage of this, and of course, ride it! :)