What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Since it was shared here 2 weeks ago when Talocan went its holidays for an overhaul at SAD Maschinenbau - here's some pictures from the operation to lift it out place.
94627390_3701013079972262_4671772649553133568_n.jpg
94626632_3701013226638914_4243166820724375552_n.jpg
94556739_3701013333305570_5660538322263474176_n.jpg
94394289_3701013686638868_4226432790620536832_n.jpg
94909107_3701013783305525_5104358774898950144_n.jpg

Source

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
Phantasialand is allowed to open again from May, 11th. I don't know if they will, as they are very limited in space and might have to cut their capacity too much, depending on the regulations for an opening.

Powermax90

Roller Poster
We will see what happens. I expect a ticket limiation due online tickets. So it would be controllable how many people visiting Phantasialand at each day. Second action could be controlling amount of people sitting in each ride at one time, space between people in the waiting queue. Wearing protective mask all the time.

I expect they will to this soon as possible to get back into business.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Is that fake? Why an English subtitle? Doesn't it belong to the Berlin area?
No its real. The "Ultimate Steampunk Experience" tagline has been in use since the hotel was announced in December 2018. I'd guess language wise its to be understood by their international audience. Otherwise yes Rookburgh is an extension of the Berlin area.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Sooo... when the park reopens, are we expecting Rookburgh to open with it?
Not yet. I had heard it was planned to open late June before the virus and lockdown happened.
They have obviously been continuing theming/fitting out work and coaster testing but its quite possible small delays may have happened (especially with international workers/suppliers involved - say Universal Rocks from Portugal for instance). So I wouldn't be surprised if it slides back into July or worse case August. Who knows I imagine after the park reopens at the end of the month we might hear more about Rookburgh.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Or will they do what Paultons did and delay the opening of their big, expensive new investment until next season, when the Covid pandemic won't overshadow it? I don't know, I don't imagine they well but it wouldn't surprise me if they did tbh.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I can see it being appealing to open asap simply on the grounds it would increase the park capacity and space available to spread guests out. Given PHL's size and build their allowed numbers are undoubtedly going to be low so a new area + high capacity ride would add some to that total. Plus if hotel opens also - that's a new source of income.

I suppose they have to balance up the pros and cons of opening it when done for the capacity vs. maintaining a finished empty area and hotel waiting in the hopes that Autumn or Winter or even Easter 2021 may be more lucrative with a grand opening and marketing for their biggest ever investment.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Or will they do what Paultons did and delay the opening of their big, expensive new investment until next season, when the Covid pandemic won't overshadow it? I don't know, I don't imagine they well but it wouldn't surprise me if they did tbh.

Paultons have delayed it mainly due to no construction work being able to be carried out whilst this situation is ongoing, whereas Phantasialand hasn’t stopped construction at all, from what I’m aware.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Hotels are not allowed to open prior to the 21th of May, so a immediate opening is unlikely in my opinion. In addition, I believe they are adding the days missed on the annual passes, which would cause some passes with hotel discount being valid on opening day. (If you are nor familiar with the discounts: Annual pass holders received a 35% discount for the on-site hotels, which is no longer part of annual passes purchased in July or later. Therefore I expected Rookburgh to open AFTER all annual passes with a discount have run out). Maybe they will delay the opening until no discounts are applicable any more; on the other hand, I still expect some delays for some works of the area.