What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Trax

Hyper Poster
They took the gondola from Talocan and put it on the truck.
I was going for a run and saw the gondola strapped on the back of the truck. When I came back, the truck was gone.
Sorry for not making pictures, but I did not carry my phone.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
They took the gondola from Talocan and put it on the truck.
I was going for a run and saw the gondola strapped on the back of the truck. When I came back, the truck was gone.
Sorry for not making pictures, but I did not carry my phone.
ahhh thanks for the info! Interesting. Must be using this extra time for a major overhaul - or/and it was still giving them trouble when testing for the new season. Hopefully it is effective. Talocan has had quite a bit of downtime in the past year. Apparently an issue with parts though I'd heard? Seems to be worrying trend for Huss TopSpins at the moment. Walibi Holland's Topspin also had considerable downtime past year I believe, and Movie Park Germany's did too and then ran last summer only with 1 inversion/flip per cycle.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Talocan was pretty reliable on the whole while I was there in January, but it was running absolutely brutally on this new cycle that had programmed in. Nowhere near as enjoyable as the old cycle I didn’t think.

It was after they had just changed the control box over and had to reprogram it so I imagine maybe the attraction is receiving a complete overhaul/refurbishment?

Trax

Hyper Poster
I heard that they had problems with the gears, which you could actually hear. But even though I like to hate on Phantasialand quite a lot, I have to admit that they try to improve their reliability. But rides like Taron, River Quest, Talocan and Chiapas are giving them a pretty hard time - and I don't think you can blame the park for all of it.
Talocan hat quite a lot downtime in recent years, which might hinted to a bigger refurbishment being required. Luckily, the park seems to prefer spending money on those rides instead of just tearing them down; at least for the newer ones.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Chiapas has definitely become more reliable lately. I went for 3 days in 2016 and it was down the entire time, and at that point it was down for a lot of the season. The last couple of seasons reliability has definitely improved which is great.

River quest is becoming less and less reliable I would say...

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Member of staff made me laugh during a visit in January, Chiapas was closed all morning so went to speak to staff member to see if they thought it was open (I'm wearing an IMAscore T-Shirt btw) she turns around and dead serious goes 'It's an Intamin we both know it could be open in 2 minutes or 2 days you tell me'
DIED
Thankfully opened at 14.00

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
FB_IMG_1587678695747.jpg

And there we have it. Talocan is definitely at the SAD Maschinenbau workshop now.

cookie

Giga Poster
I never saw Chiapas or Taron down during the two days I visited in 2017. If anything kept breaking, it was either side on Winjas, making the line twice as slow.

Trax

Hyper Poster
No, it's not worth it. It's a wall, and a quite ugly one as well. Unless you are planning to make a 160km bike tour anyway, in this case, Phantasialand might be goal-

I saw one test run yesterday (and was running again myself, so no phone) and it appeared to be a little bit faster than before. Still, I don't think that it is going to be a thrill machine, more a smooth experience of flying.
I will go for a walk today and try to get some video footage.

pvnks

Mega Poster
Once it becomes a bit weathered, I think our beloved wall will look just fine.

Shame though, I was expecting a giant great big zeppelin coming out through the front!

Ggolt

Roller Poster
Though I am a huge fan of PHL’s theming, I’m not sure about this facade. Only the hotel entrance in that colour would’ve been better than also covering the offices... They took the rust too far over there in Rust, but I hope they are still going to add some things as rendered by someone here in this thread.

Last edited:

ynnckstrm

Roller Poster
I don't think the images do the wall justice to how it looks in person. I've seen it multiple times in the last few months and it actually looks quite impressive and huge IMO.
Sure it's not as crazily detailed as other themed areas inside PHL and definitively not worth a 160km roundtrip to see it in the current state, but it still is quite impressive and looks much better than Race for Atlantis and makes for a great first impression when you first arrive at the park.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Saw the wall in Jan/Feb honestly it looks crap don't know why they couldn't have had some copperesk effects on it, would of looked better

Ralf

Roller Poster
I made a 35km Inline Skating trip to the park. I approached the park from the nearby neighbourhood , so you skate next to some bourgeois houses and see the Mystery Castle at the end of the road. That unique perspective was actually more interesting than the ugly wall of the new hotel.