What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

phlinsider

Roller Poster
The 4th train arrived today:

Someone on Phantafriends drove by the park and saw boxes in a truck, labeled with:
FHP Trein 4 (train 4)
under construction chassis

He could also make this picture on which a vehicle from the train was lifted into Rookburgh:
View attachment 8053
The Coaster Hunter on Phantafriends

Attachments

• 20200330_160618.jpg
    20200330_160618.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 337

HarmL98

Roller Poster
So... that's it with the decoration? Most of the time plants are getting added when everything is finished right? But it is Phantasialand so you never know for sure..

JammyH

Hyper Poster
My personal opinion on all of this so far:

I think the area looks like it's going to be stunning from the inside, towering walls all around you are going to make you feel really small inside, the coaster looks like a twisting track of awesomeness and I'm sure the theming and atmosphere will be brilliant on the inside of the area too.

Let's just all remember, it's Phantasialand, one of the leading parks in the world when it comes to theming and detailing, so the inside of the area and the hotel will no doubt be fab. Yes from the street, it may not look so spectacular, but personally I actually think matamba and ling bao both look good from the street, it's just the main entrance which is an eyesore.

Anyway, I love the curved hotel block to the left and think the designing and detailing looks really cool, and moving further to the right I love the chimney and all of the rustic brickwork, looks really awesome. I also think the hotel logo is really beautiful and hopefully will illuminate from the back at night time as well.

BUT I have to agree, I do not like any of this "rust" effect. I think it looks extremely patchy and is a bit of an eyesore, but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it looks better in person. Normally Phantasialand is quite good with their greenery and their planting but I personally don't think those few little trees add much or make it look any better.

We have to remember the area isn't opening tomorrow, I completely have faith that Phantasialand know what they are doing so I don't think what we are looking at is the finished result, I think they will definitely make it look more aesthetically appealing as we get closer to opening. With everything going on I'm just glad they are able to continue work to provide us with some sort of updates so we can keep engaged following this exciting project. We don't know when the park will be able to reopen and we don't know when this magical new land will be able to open, so for the time being it's nice to just enjoy the updates as they come and see how this continues to progress :)