What's new

Peppa Pig World in-depth video & photo review

jokerman

Giga Poster
Ian said:
Riders must be 0.9mm or taller to ride

LOL!

Anyway, the area looks superb, and I never really expected anything less. I just hope this sort of quality spreads to the rest of the park, since I do love Paultons.

T0M

Hyper Poster
It looks fantastically vibrant and well detailed. It's going to be great for kids (no matter what their size or age).

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Wow. Seriously, Peppa Pig World was brilliant!

Had an awesome day yesterday. Don't think I can fault Paultons on anything, they've really exceeded themselves :D

Oh and the free cake was nom!

marc

CF Legend
Since posting my pictures onto FB from the preview day I have never been so busy on there with theme park related questions.

My mums friends kids want to take their kids so are asking me all types of questions, they had never even heard of the park before Peppa Pig its about 20 families so far lol.

The park are going to have a fantastic year and they deserve it after all the work that has been put into making Peppa Pig World look so good.

Having looked at Ian's pictures I was not going to link them here but there are a few that are different. I have tbh though pictures do not do the area justice as they do not pick up the atmosphere and the scale.

196295_10150461457535179_520050178_17933101_1418989_n.jpg

200007_10150461459350179_520050178_17933136_2633368_n.jpg

200024_10150461460365179_520050178_17933157_3212768_n.jpg

197420_10150461460600179_520050178_17933164_2558012_n.jpg

200161_10150461463340179_520050178_17933233_3149503_n.jpg

188961_10150461463900179_520050178_17933246_4906106_n.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
One thing I forgot to mention is that the queue lines appear to be capped at sensible length. Although the Saturday preview day was relatively busy, the through-put appeared to be efficient. Whether or not this is intentional, it seemed to work. For example, the Helicopter ride has a slow turnaround but the entire length of the queue line is approximately 4 ride cycles. Good news for for those wishing to visit in peak season!

Martyn B

CF Legend
For example, the Helicopter ride has a slow turnaround but the entire length of the queue line is approximately 4 ride cycles. Good news for for those wishing to visit in peak season!

Surely having such short queue lines is going to cause the queues to spill out everywhere?

196295_10150461457535179_520050178_17933101_1418989_n.jpg

Now that is absolutely genuis!

marc

CF Legend
I really liked that fountain lol :)

All the staff were really nice as well, smiling all day and happy that type of thing really leaves a good impression and adds to the mood.

PMSL I just remembered that kid telling Ian that he was at school on Friday and she kept telling him as well. Plus trying to get her brother to be the co pilot as that is a better job :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This morning I found an email in my work (not CF) inbox.

They've requested that the motorway and urban signs on approach to the park are at the ready to read "PAULTONS PARK SITE FULL".

The park has a capacity of 11,000. The capacity has never been reached before but they're expecting it to happen this weekend.

Christ!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! Not good news for guests I suppose, but brilliant news for Paultons. Good luck to them then!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Amazing progress for Paultons, let's hope we see this park continue to grow in such a unique and definitely profitable fashion!

I do wish the man had actually answered my question I asked on enthusiast day properly though. I asked if any projects they're planning on in the future would receive the high level of theming that Peppa Pig World has, but he just sort of explained the current theming of the rest of the park...

tks

Strata Poster
With the new area and the warmer than normal weather this weekend I can see why it is expecting capacity. Good news for them! Let's hope they have all their eateries open!

Nic

Strata Poster
Bloody hell! I'd hate to see the backlash on their twitter/fb page if it does come to that! Still, I suppose its better than letting people get all the way to the park only to be turned away.

nadroJ said:
I do wish the man had actually answered my question I asked on enthusiast day properly though. I asked if any projects they're planning on in the future would receive the high level of theming that Peppa Pig World has, but he just sort of explained the current theming of the rest of the park...
If I remember rightly, Rob said to us on the friday that theming would definitely be one of their priorities in any future attractions (I could've remember that wrong though). Mind you, it sounds like their main priorities for the shorter term are to concentrate on tidying up and modernising the rest of the park. I wouldn't expect to see any new rides for a while. That said, if PPW is as successful as it deserves to be, then hopefully they can quickly re-coup some of the outlay, and start to invest it into other areas of the park fairly quickly.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My maths isn't brilliant but it's estimated that PPW will bring an extra 60,000 people through the gates. Personally I think it'll be more than that, but anyway, going back to what I was waffling about. That would mean the park will get 560,000 visitors this year. If the average price paid was £14, that's £7.4m in gate fees alone. PPW cost approximately £5.5m. Add in merchandise and food sales and there's a tidy profit, even after wages and other expenditure, to be had in just one year!

Like Nic said, I can't see Paultons getting anything on a similar scale to Cobra or PPW for a while. I know they are demolishing and rebuilding the entrance for next season, so I think park improvements are on the agenda.

I hope it goes well for them tomorrow. I even made an effort to ensure the traffic lights on M27 J2 were operating correctly :)

Mark

Strata Poster
Fantastically amazingly brilliant work there Leigh. I know you were worried about the pace etc. I was worried about my presenting but those fears are laid to rest. You have put it all together beautifully! Love it!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't think Mark and Leigh would top the Wild Asia documentary, but this is outstanding. I can't express enough how proud of and thankful I am to Leigh and Mark for their excellent work.

Mark

Strata Poster
Aw cheers Ian. Tis nice to hear, I really fret about these things when i'm doing them.

Bring on LC12!!!!! (fingers crossed Thorpe give us access like Chessie did with Asia...)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't ever watch documentaries and the like on the computer. I don't have the patience/time/arsedness.

I always make an exception for the CF documentaries and was really glad I did this time. Brilliant stuff, really enjoyable, well presented and superbly put together.

Just to be balanced, it's clearly not professional, but it is touching on as good as you can get with the equipment and tools you're working with (this needs a ;) :p ).

So yeah, really nice job. Well done both Mark and Leigh.