What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I must say I was very impressed with what I saw on that tweet too. If they can tidy up some off the less themed areas of the park the whole thing will feel like quite a polished experience.

Themeparknewbie01

Roller Poster
If Tornado Springs cost £12m imagine what level of theming is going to be like for Flamingo Land's new attraction with them spending £20m....

If Flamingoland spend 20million then they have been well and truly shafted. Paultons always seem to get value for money (8million for Lost Kingdom?)

It always amazes me how Paultons get things so right and Merlin so wrong!

Themeparknewbie01

Roller Poster
I can't think of any benefit in understating how much has been spent on new attractions.

As said previously, they do seem to get extraordinary value for money. I am sure the 12million spent will see a much better return on investment than 20million on one coaster.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
Sorry for double post but in case anyone had doubts, the pathways will contain road markings, which makes the tarmac in this particular area more respectable.

I do wish Paultons would stop using playground fencing everywhere though.

Glad to see it. I personally don’t mind the playground fencing, I think it gives it a nice child friendly feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Hmmm... American themed area, British road markings on the driving school?

I know it's only a minor point and likely decided that way to avoid any confusion with children on proper roads, but it still bugs me they didn't go for full immersion. Area as a whole looks fantastic though and this doesn't detract from that, can't wait to see it in person at some point next year

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I think road safety is probably more important than immersion and the driving school should teach children how the roads work so that’s probably why they’re using British road markings and it’s drive on left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the point I was trying to make as to why it's like this. hopefully there'll be a thematic explanation for it on the ride itself.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Hmmm... American themed area, British road markings on the driving school?
lol - this did make me laugh.

It's not the big **** off roller coaster or any other rides that breaks any immersion of you actually being in the USA. No, what they are going for is specifically an American themed theme-park area. I could have be at Carowinds for all I knew. But no, the road signs blew it. RUINED!!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
lol - this did make me laugh.

It's not the big **** off roller coaster or any other rides that breaks any immersion of you actually being in the USA. No, what they are going for is specifically an American themed theme-park area. I could have be at Carowinds for all I knew. But no, the road signs blew it. RUINED!!

Think of like noticing a trim on a large new coaster. It's small and hardly affects the experience, but gives something for enthusiasts to complain about. As I mentioned, still love the look of this whole area and want to visit ASAP. My noticing of these markings hasn't affected that.