What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

Yeldoow

Roller Poster
The coaster is the biggest attraction in the new area, it makes sense to announce that last.

The gyro swing is probably the second biggest so it made sense to announce that early to get a lot of early interest. Then gradually announce all the other stuff and then finish with the big coaster announcement.

I'm excited to see what they announce next (hopefully today) and I'm enjoying following this, but I have a five year old daughter who loves Paultons (and first when on FoTP and Velociraptor on her fourth birthday). I'd expect this to be the biggest, most thrilling coaster in the park but only as the next step up from what they've already got.

It seems to me that this new area is to provide something for the older kids to keep them coming back to the park after they have outgrown the existing attractions, not to try and attract older thrill seekers.

Niles

Giga Poster
Hay so it looks like it was the towers announced for there may day celebration.:D
D5eg4niXoAELLj6.jpg:large

D5efDDNW0AA97tu.jpg:large

Also some footers for the coaster?
D5ZA3W2X4AAcTJN.jpg:large

Niles

Giga Poster
So it could be Jumping Jack and Magma relocated and rethemed maybe. Or just different models

I think the jumping jack was scraped and Magma looks quite different to the blueprint so two new towers are coming.

If it does face you down that will be quite fun, i have not done a drop tower like that before.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I think the jumping jack was scraped and Magma looks quite different to the blueprint so two new towers are coming.

If it does face you down that will be quite fun, i have not done a drop tower like that before.

Ikarus at Gröna Lund is one of the best drop towers I've ever done. Of course this will be nothing like it, but just saying it's definitely worth a go

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well if rumours are anything to go by then the UK wont have to wait much longer to get an Intamin Sky Jump at a certain ICONic park.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
Tbh I was hoping for more than just the drop towers to be revealed at the festival - I thought the rides and drives would reveal what Al’s Auto Academy is.
Very exciting indeed! Windmill Towers though is a bit of a drab name...would've preferred Junkyard Junction, unless that's gonna be something else
I think Junkyard Junction is just the new station for the Rio Grande Train but maybe it will be turned into a mini area around the train line.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Where are people getting the face down thing from? They look similar to the ones at Phantasia, just with different bits stuck on the top!
If they are the same, that's no bad thing, Tikal Towers look really fun and seem to straddle the kiddie/family/thrill line well.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Where are people getting the face down thing from? They look similar to the ones at Phantasia, just with different bits stuck on the top!
If they are the same, that's no bad thing, Tikal Towers look really fun and seem to straddle the kiddie/family/thrill line well.
I’m with you there @Dar the pic people are assuming is face down looks like legs out stretched.

Good addition I think.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
I'm sorry but the whole idea about Magma being moved into the new area is so ridiculous, Its clearly two smaller drop towers as stated like at Phantasia... Think some people need to be a bit more realistic at times :rolleyes:;)
The original concept art did look similar to Magma but now we’ve seen a more detailed blueprint it cannot be Magma.