2006-08 Rock N Rollercoaster
2008-12 Coloussus
2012-? Montu

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
bmac said:
Woah don't get ahead of yourself Hyde, Ravine Flyer has no chance of being moved to Cedar Point.
A fanboy can dream.

Edward M

Strata Poster
2005- Judge Roy Scream
2006- Titan
2008- Screamin' Eagle
2009- Hulk
2011- Goliath
2012- MForce
2012- Beast

TilenB

Strata Poster
2002-2007 - Magic Mountain (Gardaland)
2007-2009 - Poseidon
2009 (feb-july): Rock'n'Rollercoaster
2009-2011: firstly Katun then iSpeed, but I've swept their places on my top10 after re-riding them last year
2011-present: X2

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I don't think I really had a favorite coaster until I went to Hershey. That was quite a few years ago, so I don't remember enough to rank the the coasters there today. However, I remember Fahrenheit being my favorite. Anyway...

Pre-2009: Fahrenheit
2009 to 2011: Kumba
2011 to Present: Millennium Force

jolash

Mega Poster
Re: Past & Present favourite coasters

Griffon was my favorite for a while when I visited BGW in 2007, but at that point I had been on about 25 coasters.

After my first ever night ride on Beast that took over for a little while.

Then Maverick was definitely my favorite for a long time, until I rode again earlier this year for the first time in over two years. I guess I'm not as willing to tolerate the ass woopin anymore.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I remember liking various coasters at the Oktoberfest throughout my youth, but none of them were as fun as Swamp Fox in Myrtle Beach (which was the only wooden coaster I had ridden at the time). However when I moved from Germany to New York City and first went to Six Flags Great Adventure I really liked Sarajevo Bobsled since I never rode anything like it at the Oktoberfest.
Other SFGAdv (I never went to any other parks) coasters took over as my favorites when they opened - namely Great American Scream Machine, which immediately became my favorite. I had never seen or ridden any coaster as impressive as that.
Batman The Ride was next, followed by Medusa and then Nitro, which remained my favorite even after Kingda Ka opened. Then came El Toro, which held the number one spot for almost five years until Lake Compounce added the trim on Boulder Dash. That made the ride perfect and it's still my favorite (don't know what Hixee is talking about as I ride it all the time, including six weeks ago, and it hasn't got worse over the years).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ECG said:
(don't know what Hixee is talking about as I ride it all the time, including six weeks ago, and it hasn't got worse over the years).
I'm talking about all the CF people who rode it last year (and this year) and weren't that impressed by it. When I rode it with you, Aidan, Brad and Gavin in 2010 it was unanimously loved. Not that unreasonable of an assumption to assume that it maybe deteriorated over the years. The fact you still love it puts up the opposite opinion and therefore still gives me hope it's just as good as it was that night in July 2010.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
During my early days of riding roller coasters, I had a few Vekomas holding my number one spot for a while. The likes of Velocity and later Infusion held my number one spot (albeit only for a couple of weeks each) until I finally made it to Alton Towers and rode Nemesis. Nemesis immediately took my number one spot, and remained there until my trip to the US east coast.

Superman Ride of Steel at SFNE was the first significant coaster I rode on that trip. It didn't make my number one spot. I loved the ride, but somehow it seemed a bit soulless compared with Nemesis, and I was a bit disappointed if that was the best steel coaster the world had to offer.

That same night, I rode Boulder Dash late at night, and was completely blown away. I've never experienced anything like it before or since, and since then nothing has come close to knocking that ride off my #1 spot. I suspect it'll remain there for a very long time.

steel

Mega Poster
probably Ripsaw or High Roller (pre-1999)
Mad Mouse (1999)
Wild Thing (2000-2002, not sure)
Steel Venom (2003)
Millennium Force (2004)

Beast at night in the front row (2007) came close to Millennium Force, but didn't quite beat it.

Then I rode Leviathan this year and my first thought as we hit the brake run was "I didn't think anything would ever beat Millennium Force... but..."

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Where to even start? :lol:

Probably mid-80s and Grand National, though it was tough to pick between that and 4-man-Bob at Alton (I loved that ride).

It's hard, because I would ride Grand National several times a year (and several times in a day), but at Alton, it was once a year and you were lucky to get on three rides. Those two definitely remained as tops though.

I also adored Pinfari Zyklons (Southport, Blackpool and Rhyl). They were like my favourite "having a giggle" coasters.

That was probably it until 1994 and PMBO, which was knocked off the following year 1995 by Nemesis.

I think Nemesis swapped top spot with Grand National for a while, until Oakwood in 2000. Megafobia went straight to number 1 and stayed there until 2008 and Dragon Khan. I adored Megafobia for the fun/thrill factor, but Khan was just unlike anything else.

It's odd, in 2007 I went to Sweden/Norway and I was really expecting somethnig there to really blow away the cobwebs, but no, it took Khan but nothing else came close until the US in 2009

Bizarro at SFNE was number 1 (or joint number 1, it's difficult because it offers so much different to Khan) for a very short while because that same day...

MouseAT said:
I rode Boulder Dash late at night, and was completely blown away. I've never experienced anything like it before or since, and since then nothing has come close to knocking that ride off my #1 spot. I suspect it'll remain there for a very long time.

Exactly this. I know people have had bad rides, and I know people have had good rides that they don't get as much out of. For me though, it just ticks all the right boxes in the right order. I'm just completely compatible with the ride and I have no idea how any other ride could possibly beat that?

I think EGF came close in 2012. It was a mix of the airtime of Bizarro and some of the wildness of Boulder Dash. It never quite achieved the greatness of either though (but I'd love to try EGF and Bizarro very close together to really compare the rides). A kind of "good effort" :lol:

So same as MouseAT, I don't think I'll find a ride now to knock off Boulder Dash, but if I do, I hope it's built within driving distance :)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
1994 - 1997: In my 1.2m height days, when yearly trips to Tussaud's parks were the extent of my coaster activity, the Black Hole was my favourite coaster. I liked it because it was dark, it had a snazzy lift hill and didn't bash me around as much the Corkscrew. I was so easy to please.

1998 - 2009: Nemesis. My first inverting coaster, and my first inverted coaster. I first rode Nemesis in the pouring rain on Halloween, it's still one of my fondest coaster memories. I just couldn't believe how fast it hit that helix.
The novelty of newer additions to Alton Towers sometimes threatened to knock Nemesis off the top spot; my first ride on Air blew me away with the lovely Fly To Lie - but I got bored of it over time. Same with Oblivion, I loved the theme and the psychological factors; but found the ride experience too short.

2009:
This was when I started expanding my coaster horizons beyond Merlin parks; but in the end the coaster that knocked Nemesis off my top spot was (*prepares for abuse*) Saw. I've never seen any Saw films, but I liked the dark oppressive atmosphere they'd created around the ride area. The indoor queueline with the traps and the gun just creates so much more anticipation for a Eurofighter coaster than the other models I've ridden. The indoor drop is still one of my fave coaster moments; and the rest of the layout has lovely pops of airtime and whippy inversions. I know it's not an 'enthusiasts choice' but I always come off this ride feeling elated, which is why it was my number one for a good few years.

2012: On my first visit to Parc Asterix last year, Oz'Iris unexpectedly stole my number one spot from Saw. I'm a sucker for riding a new B+M invert in the rain; and this one has a pretty much perfect layout. Sometimes forceful, sometimes floaty, a lovely first drop and some excellent themeing - it just does everything really well; which, in comparison, can't be said for Saw. When I visited Denmark this year, Piraten came pretty close to being my new number one, but although it has heaps of airtime it doesn't have the other things I look for in a coaster: lots of variation of forces/extensive themeing /atmosphere; so Oz'Iris still reigns for now!

Snoo

The Legend
2000-2003: Millennium Force
2003-2007: Top Thrill Dragster
2007-2007: Maverick
2007-2009: El Toro
2009-Present: Boulder Dash

2007 started my coaster trips and after finding out what I loved during my dozen or so trips a year to CP(after Magnum slowly climbed my list and the MF luster wore off), strong airtime and a unique and fun experience started to dominate the top of my list, hence what you see below.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Well, Revenge of the mummy had a real high spot for me but I haven't ridden it in so long so I've kinda forgotten a lot of the ride. However recently, Nemesis Inferno has been awesome. Each ride has been so forceful and just really, really fun. Which is strange because I've been riding Inferno for almost 7 years and it's only this year I've really enjoyed it.

Jer

Strata Poster
2005 - Rock'n'Rollercoaster
2006 - Medua
2007-2012 - El Toro
2012-2013 - Skyrush
2013 - now - Phoenix

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
CookieCoasters said:
The first coaster i rode where i thought that it was my favourite coaster was Tatsu at SFMM in Summer 2009 (didn't ride X2 that visit). Tatsu managed to keep the crown for another two years even when it was challenged by coasters like Sheikra, Bizarro and Balder. In Summer 2011 i rode Expedition GeForce for the first time, which was when,Tatsu was finally overruled.

However when i visited SFMM in April 2012 i rode X2 for the first time and Tatsu again, which was when i found it difficult to decide between all three of them. Originally i chose X2 as my favourite, but having had one or two slightly unpleasant ride on it i realised that my favourite coaster needs to be one that gives consistently good rides. In the end i put EGF in the prime spot.

A few months later in early summer i rode EGF and my previous choice was confirmed. However, later in that Summer i rode Goliath at Walibi Holland which really impressed me and after 15 rides, i decided it was marginally better than EGF.

To this day Goliath still holds this spot even when being challenged with Piraten earlier this summer.

Completely out of the blue today i went to phantasialand and Black Mamba :shock: was absolutely awesome. I have ridden it before and i have always loved it, but today i truly felt it was a perfect coaster, which shoots it right up to #1

Hutch

Strata Poster
Sanchezmran said:
Pre - 2010: Yankee Canonball
Spring 2010: Incredible Hulk (probably would've been Dragon Challenge, but it was closed for Harry Potter World Construction)
Summer 2010: Bizarro SFNE
Summer 2012 - Present: TTD (Was expecting Millennium to be my favorite*, but I enjoyed TTD a bit more)

Update :)

Summer 2012 - August 2013: TTD
August 2013 - Present: Boulder Dash

*Just remembered that Millennium Force was briefly my favorite for like a half hour, because I had ridden that first before going on TTD ;)