What's new

Overused Viewpoints

Sandman

Giga Poster
Surely Oblivion's drop, angled straight up from ground level, is one of the UK's most photographed viewpoints? I'd definitely say more so than Nemesis etc.

How about Eurosat? Literally the only real angle you'll ever see of this coaster (or building). Still, one of my favourite sections of any theme park.

Frontansicht-von-Eurosat-Can-Can-Coaster.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Honestly, any aspects of Vortex at Kings Island (RIP). Always seems to crop up as "crazy coaster backdrop" in so many commercials, print media, etc.

Will

Strata Poster
Interesting to see Valkyria get a shout - I've never really seen pictures of it and I'm a lot more excited to see it in the flesh now.

Let's face it, Liseberg is a VERY attractive park.

And yes, THOSE pictures from Phantasia that all have us have taken a hundred times :D

Matt N

CF Legend
I've just thought of another one; I feel like I've seen some variation of this shot in a number of roller coaster books, webpages and other forms of theme park media:
25-C5998-A-D13-B-46-FA-94-C7-392-EB458725-D.jpg

It must be said, as much as I was underwhelmed by the coaster itself, and ended up not really being a huge fan of it, Olympia is a beautiful thing to look at, and catching this shot did feel like a nice bit of wish fulfilment from my early enthusiast years, to an extent!

I have to echo the people who said the view of El Toro and Ka. I physically cringe when I see that photo in trip reports (even though I was guilty of it as a wee 15 year old). You might as well use a stock photo at that point.

Honourable mentions go to:
- View of Millennium Force's first lift hill either from the midway Rougarou is on or from the causeway
- Top Thrill Dragster's top hat looking down the midway
- Shivering Timbers' sea of airtime hills looking down the parking lot (not a commonly visited park it seems, but every time I see a report that's included in it. Although it's probably the only nice thing about the park)
- I305 from the Eiffel Tower
- Any ****ing splashdown

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Surprised nobody has mention this...

aaefava

I think all thoosies who visit usually take a snap like this, seemed like an obvious one to me!
I'll see your Taron and raise you Chiapas...

View attachment 16760

It's funny, as when I think of Taron and Chiapas viewpoints, I think of:

Taron.jpg
and
Chiapas.jpg

Certainly they are my go-to shots over the other two (though, I do also get the other two too tbf!)

Skyye

Mega Poster
When I think of "Overused Viewpoints" I think of the Kumba corkscrews and this angle at six flags over texas

1650495341617.png