What's new

Other changes at C:WoA 2013

Joey

Well-Known Member
800-1,000 people can get on it an hour
Haaaahahahahahahahahahaaa. Hahaha. Haaar.

I doubt that.

And RE: Legoland I don't actually understand why anyone likes Legoland. Theres this eerie sense of grotty old fashionedness and a severe lack of legolandyness. Instead of being a LAND of LEGO, it's a park with some lego statues plonked about. It's like those **** dinosaur parks, only worse, because Lego isn't as cool as dinosaurs. Unless it was lego dinosaurs, then it would be awesome.

But on top of that, I cannot stand interactive stuff. I'm British, I don't want to interact with anyone or thing. Humph!
 

marc

Well-Known Member
I'm not saying take it away though, I did say move it to another part of the park as it has a low height and replace it.

It's perfect for kids so should be kept.
 

Smithy

Well-Known Member
Taking your word for it Martyn, no pressure :p

Tbf as long as there's enough to do for a few hours with the two coasters and a decent zoo I'll be fine.
 

Idlewild

Member
Joey said:
800-1,000 people can get on it an hour
Haaaahahahahahahahahahaaa. Hahaha. Haaar.

I doubt that.
That is its approximate capacity. Its acctually the highest capacity roller coaster at the park. These rides have one very long train rather than several 7 car trains and this makes up the capacity.
Anyway this work should have been done years ago, the rocks have been mouldy for at least 5-10 years.
 

nadroJ

Well-Known Member
Idlewild said:
Joey said:
800-1,000 people can get on it an hour
Haaaahahahahahahahahahaaa. Hahaha. Haaar.

I doubt that.
That is its approximate capacity. Its acctually the highest capacity roller coaster at the park. These rides have one very long train rather than several 7 car trains and this makes up the capacity.
Yeaahhh.....Joey is a ride op at the park, probably not a good idea to patronise ;]
 

Joey

Well-Known Member
I know nothing about RMT, I'm just skeptical. That may well be correct.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
 

Nemesis Inferno

Well-Known Member
1'000 is way too high an expectation for Runaway's throughput, indeed, Vampire could do that with 3 trains...

Fury could do about 600 depending on cars/staff... I think Runaway is similar to that, would have to double check though...


EDIT - Been informed that Runaway can push up to around 650pph, so well off the random 1000pph figure...
 

Mark9

New Member
Thats 650 people per hour when you have two ride staff on the platform and an operator who is particularly good at parking (and no I don't mean speed parking!). Unfortunately this is rare and it's more likely to get 400 pph as Runaway is never a priority for ride teams.

1000 per hour is probably based more on Alpen Express and the fact that bars aren't checked and the operators can park the train with incredible accuracy.
 

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Joey said:
And RE: Legoland I don't actually understand why anyone likes Legoland. Theres this eerie sense of grotty old fashionedness and a severe lack of legolandyness. Instead of being a LAND of LEGO, it's a park with some lego statues plonked about. It's like those **** dinosaur parks, only worse, because Lego isn't as cool as dinosaurs. Unless it was lego dinosaurs, then it would be awesome.
I love Legoland when:

a) it's not full of kids
b) I'm with kids
c) it's a nice day
d) I don't have to look at the **** lego models ;)

I love Chessington when
a) it's not full of kids
b) I'm with kids
c) it's a nice day
d) I'm with CoasterForce - but that tends not to combine with a)

As a grown up, I dislike both places.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Fury could do about 600 depending on cars/staff...
150 when Joey is working then? :p
 

Mark9

New Member
marc said:
Also depends how many laps it does, sometimes it's 2 sometimes 3.
I always achieved 650 (well 640) or so with three laps, the majority of the ride is spent on speeding the train up at the beginning and slowing it down at the end. The flying lap adds 25 seconds onto the ride and when you consider you do 17 complete cycles an hour, the third lap doesn't really equate to much. I preferred to give the guests an extra lap, rather then squeeze another cycle into an hour.
 

peep

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Social Media Team
I've been informed by a reliable source that two of the trucks are now testing a new lap bar to decrease the height limit. This is a single bar for the entire row. Seems a little odd/silly but it should prove less burdenous than the seatbelts that manage to break.
 

Screaming Coasters

Well-Known Member
I can't get my head around the height restriction... I mean, Disney can put Children of 1m on Tower Of Terror and yet you have to be 1.1m to ride a poxy van... Its stupid.
 

Joey

Well-Known Member
Seems that according to their website, Zufari is now 1m...

That's not a big enough drop, imo. But better than nothing.

I ain't seen the bars, but I cant fathom how a SINGLE BAR has decreased the height restriction. If anything, that should have raised it?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
 

ATTACKHAMMER

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
I went on Sunday and took some photos out of the Mexican Canteen window of RMT:









These were sadly taken on my phone.
 

Nemesis of oblivion

Well-Known Member
Just looking at those photos are so sad. I do hope the new structure looks amazing but just seeing it like that really ruins my younger years of being five and looking at the mountain with the train flying by. It just doesn't feel right seeing it like that. I can't wait though to see how it looks after the refurbishment.
 

Nic

Well-Known Member
Nemesis of oblivion said:
I can't wait though to see how it looks after the refurbishment.
Much like that, but with the platform and airgates re-assembled, I'd imagine.
 

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
Nic said:
Nemesis of oblivion said:
I can't wait though to see how it looks after the refurbishment.
Much like that, but with the platform and airgates re-assembled, I'd imagine.
Surely it'll have some sort of horror retheme?
 
Top