What's new

Orlando, Atlantic City, Vegas, etc. Skyscrapers | ThrillCorp

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I love/hate how this table writes 'feet' after every height...except the last two. The lack of consistency and the thought to not include it in the column heading is somewhat annoying.

And yeah, that's my biggest takeaway from the project for now.
It is illustrating, though. The table is not very professionally made, with the Six Flags parks not being referred to by their full name, same as the coasters that have numbers in their name. The sudden lack of units in one of the columns also suggests they didn't proofread this before sending it out. And if they're not even bothering to proofread, they don't come across as very serious, and you may begin to question how thorough they've been with this. Is it a set of serious plans, or a quickly thrown-together pitch designed primarily to bait investors?

Or in other words, construction is expensive, but concept art is cheap. They've cut corners on the presentation, which makes me wonder what other cut corners there are.

Alessio

Roller Poster
Quoting the PDF: "Construction on park to begin in in Q1 2021 and is projected to open in Q3 2024"

I will only believe it as soon as construction starts.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It is illustrating, though. The table is not very professionally made, with the Six Flags parks not being referred to by their full name, same as the coasters that have numbers in their name. The sudden lack of units in one of the columns also suggests they didn't proofread this before sending it out. And if they're not even bothering to proofread, they don't come across as very serious, and you may begin to question how thorough they've been with this. Is it a set of serious plans, or a quickly thrown-together pitch designed primarily to bait investors?

Or in other words, construction is expensive, but concept art is cheap. They've cut corners on the presentation, which makes me wonder what other cut corners there are.
I mean to be fair in my line of work I've seen plans and bids from some of the biggest companies in the world like Exxon, Shell and Gazprom that look like they were proofread by Ralph Wiggum.

I'm not saying this is going to happen but poorly produced pdfs are not too uncommon ?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

davidm

Strata Poster
Vegas now too?

Some chancer said:
Many tenants are in development, including new nightclubs and a vertical rollercoaster that will be built on the roof of the complex.

“We have air rights all the way to the moon and back,” says Neonopolis owner Rohit Joshi. “So we can create tall, expansive experiences.”

He says the so-called Poler Coaster will open in about three years.

(yeah, just as likely)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
My god, we're never gonna be able to unsticky this thread, are we?