What's new

OpenRCT Server

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Thanks for hanging out last night all! Helped with stress testing - which we did succeed to break. ?

Our server was the largest on the network last night actually!

I’ve begun integrating custom ride designs, which you see to continue popping in as design options.

As I’m searching for new options, feel free to message me with adds you’d like to see to the server!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So an update for folks, as we had usage of the server taper off after a few weeks: I'll be launching the server for short one-week periods going forward, with different prompts/building themes. By keeping it time limited, we can all jump in to build, fill-up the park, and then call the park "done" - we can even post and share a compendium of parks as we go forward for folks to download in the future. :)

@Hutch and I were chatting a bit, and felt for the next server launch, it'd be fun to go for a general realism theme. Pathways will not be pre-populated, allowing for folks to build sections of the park that are free-flowing and allow for easy sprawl. Keep an eye out for the server in a few days :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just a heads up, I will be bringing the realism park online tomorrow. Overall, will plan to have the park run through the 26th (to cover the American Memorial Day as some fun recreation) - if we feel like the park is going well, we can extend to the end of the month. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Did this happen? I just got round to reinstalling Open RCT but I can't find the CF server in the list.
Ugh, so the server did go online, but we had a power outage while I was away over the weekend that cause the computer to restart. ?

IN WHICH CASE! I'll be launching the park fresh this weekend to give some fun over the weekend and next. I'll respond back to this thread once we have it online.

Also, PSA, OpenRCT has pushed a 0.2.6 update - be sure to update in order to join.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The park is now live! Again, we will be going for realism on this design. I'll keep this park online through mid-June, at which point we can reset for a new theme. Here's the login specs:

Port: 11754
Servername: CoasterForce
Password: realism

Capture.PNG

As always, please respect each other's builds. And have fun!

Peet

Giga Poster
Some nice designs already, I love the double station fly-through on the large woodie. I've built a vintage style moebius racer.

I have a question- is there an etiquette for "signing your work"? I'd like to know which forum users built which rides. I added my name into the coaster name but not sure if this is the correct thing to do?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I have a question- is there an etiquette for "signing your work"? I'd like to know which forum users built which rides. I added my name into the coaster name but not sure if this is the correct thing to do?
Good question! I think your approach: (by Peet) is best; I've gone ahead and renamed all rides accordingly.

Also love your Mobius! the flat, non-banked turns totally cracked me up. I'm still wrestling with the launched spinner; trying to do a Time Traveler-esque ride, but these small trains are certainly finicky on momentum!

Hutch

Strata Poster
This is what I like to see. :) Things got a little crazy in the last world but this is making me excited to go back in.

I'm sorta working on something behind the scenes, not quite ready to plop it in yet... let's just say I'm working on getting rights to get a certain B&M relocated. ;)

Peet

Giga Poster
@Hyde can you sort me out with some dead trees in the invention list so I can finish off my theming on the double launch coaster?

Shame you can't do inversions with the Intamin triangle track so I had to use B&M style instead. If you squint at it you can convince yourself it's new style Intamin track!

Hutch

Strata Poster
In a shocking turn of events, I'm happy to announce that the former Dueling Dragons has been brought out of storage and relocated to our park as Dragon's Revenge! We're currently in the testing phases, and should be opening soon (just as soon as I get a station and some theming set up lol).

8WZCnBz.png

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In a shocking turn of events, I'm happy to announce that the former Dueling Dragons has been brought out of storage and relocated to our park as Dragon's Revenge! We're currently in the testing phases, and should be opening soon (just as soon as I get a station and some theming set up lol).

8WZCnBz.png
I was sure to add a place marker to remind you were to build the castle. ;)

@Hyde can you sort me out with some dead trees in the invention list so I can finish off my theming on the double launch coaster?
Apologies! I will take the server offline today at some point to add it in. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Felt we needed a proper Jurassic Park-ish section... but in true Universal fashion, with as small of a footprint as possible. ?

Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 2020-06-07 15-12-48.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As a heads up, I'll be bringing the current server down the end of this coming weekend (June 14). So be sure to get those final builds in!

Also taking suggestions for next server themes - have a few ideas but open to suggestions!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Think we could do some sort of premade scenario? Something with decent terrain so it's not just a blank slate? As for actual themes I'm open for whatever, you can do a lot with any one of them. Anyone else have any preferences?

I do like the way this park shaped out with the lack of pathways/guidance at the beginning. Think we should keep it that way. It almost does feel like a real park, except for the lack of flat rides lol.