What's new

Notable Deaths 2017

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Also on the same day, Martin Landau - For me Space 1999 and Ed Wood were the two things I'll remember him for.

012-space-1999-theredlist.jpg

edwood_06.jpg

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Chester Bennington lead singer of Linkin Park dies aged 41, reports indicate that he committed suicide. Very sad, one of those bands that got me into rock music and then onto metal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40676530
This ones hit me really ****ing hard. Such a big part of my youth and easily my biggest role model growing up. Saw them perform Hybrid Theory in full at download 2014 and that is and will always be my favourite ever concert. RIPChester

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Every rock n' roll celebrity death gets more and more shocking. I also grew up listening to Linkin Park. Hybrid Theory was my first album and is still one of my favorite albums to this day. Unbelievably tragic.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Yeah that was the first celebrity death in a while I've had some connection to. Linkin Park is one of my favorite alt groups, not to mention some of the only music that my parents and I both like. Not to mention just a couple weeks ago my ACE rep Kat and I were ripping through a deserted downtown Cincinnati blasting their music at 2 in the morning leaving Coney Island's Balloon Glow, usually when we do coaster stuff together there's at least one Linkin Park song played on the way.

Such a tragedy... :(

DelPiero

Strata Poster
This one's hit me in the gut. Spent a lot of time listening to the fist 2 albums when I was younger and helped me through a couple of rough times.

peep

CF Legend
Yeah, like everyone else this one has really hit hard. Hybrid Theory and Meteora are two of my favourite albums, even saw them at Reading in like 2003. Sat at work listening to those two albums today feeling sad :(