What's new

Niagara Amusement Park to get Cascabel from La Feria

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
As a Chicagoan, I was selfishly and greedily hoping to see it get ressurected at IB to turn the place into a full-blown living Schwarzkopf museum.

But this is totally cool too. I'm glad to see it's finding a new home, and at a park that could really use it to boot!

Last edited:

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Lets wait and see - rcdb lists the coaster as "in storage". Overall looks from afar like a park that could use some overall refurb - wonder if they are up the task to get an old Schwarzkopf with an persumed sketchy maintenence history running...

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Cascabel track has been moved from the parking lot to near the highway, next to the Ferris Wheel and with access to a massive plot of land that once held the Crazy Mouse (hauled out by Apex) and Old Mill Scream flume (retired 2014).

In terms of timeline, the waterpark opened over the Memorial Day Weekend. The first phase of the dry park is expected to open in June and just include the main gate, Kiddyland, and Western Town. Ride-wise it’ll be limited to several kiddy rides and La Feria’s scrambler. From there on they’ll start holding phased ride openings, although given its location and progress Cascabel will probably be among the last to open.

I may or may not head down on Saturday to check out progress, it all depends on work. Photo credit to a friend driving in the area today;
2CAEC5FA-84C1-4868-B699-0BD44DCE574B.jpeg
9C8BE55F-BBDB-42F8-8DA1-A3A7419330B4.jpeg

Indy

Hyper Poster
I've really been excited about the IB Parks & Entertainment era, but I'm beginning to worry that maybe they've bit off a little more than they can chew at the moment. I am optimistic that they'll work through it and figure it out, but it's a little concerning that they talked about possibly having this coaster open for the 2022 season, but it's still in pieces and Quimera has not shown any sign of testing at Indiana Beach.

I don't want to be too critical because I really love the ambition. I just hope that everything comes to fruition in a smooth and timely manner.

Fiender

Roller Poster
I've really been excited about the IB Parks & Entertainment era, but I'm beginning to worry that maybe they've bit off a little more than they can chew at the moment. I am optimistic that they'll work through it and figure it out, but it's a little concerning that they talked about possibly having this coaster open for the 2022 season, but it's still in pieces and Quimera has not shown any sign of testing at Indiana Beach.

I don't want to be too critical because I really love the ambition. I just hope that everything comes to fruition in a smooth and timely manner.
I see what you mean. Staples's son did an AMA on reddit where he said that IB intends for Niagara Amusement to be serious competition for Darien Lake, and for the park's grand opening to include ">3" roller coasters, but I just don't see that happening.
The Shuttle Loop is neat but the Zyklon doesn't really grab my attention, and they haven't even gotten these two rides running, nor Silver Comet (the only major coaster at the park).

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I see what you mean. Staples's son did an AMA on reddit where he said that IB intends for Niagara Amusement to be serious competition for Darien Lake, and for the park's grand opening to include ">3" roller coasters, but I just don't see that happening.
The Shuttle Loop is neat but the Zyklon doesn't really grab my attention, and they haven't even gotten these two rides running, nor Silver Comet (the only major coaster at the park).

They honestly have the space to compete with Darien Lake it's just a matter or how much they're willing to invest and in what quality of ride are they willing to invest. Darien Lake has a solid coaster count but nothing of amazing quality. If they build a true knockout coaster they have a shot for that.

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Niagara Amusement Park was only on like 100 acres. Darien Lake is on 1500 (Including Hotel, Campgrounds, RV Park, and Future Expansion)

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
Not shuttle loop related, but in other great news for this park, Silver Comet was reopened yesterday. Scratch another wooden coaster off the SBNO list!

Silver Comet back open at Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World

By: Julia Soluri
Posted at 11:38 PM, Aug 18, 2022

GRAND ISLAND, N.Y. (WKBW) — Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World announced today that the Silver Comet is officially back open after a three-year hiatus.
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/silver-comet-back-open-at-niagara-amusement-park-and-splash-world?_amp=true

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
I'm sure it wouldn't take long to drive Cascabel down to Clementon and set it up on the lake next to the log flume