What's new

New type of travelling coaster...

peep

CF Legend
It's called the Biga-Coaster. Riders stand up on what looks like a dodgy experiment with a segway. The 'car' runs along a track with hills and very tight turns. It debuted at the fair in Tilburg within the last week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDhR1Gpyufc#t=37[/youtube]

First things first... Cred or not a cred?

Secondly... would you ride it?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I really like the concept. A longer layout version with theming could be awesome. Wouldn't count it as a coaster though unless those tiny dips are powered by gravity.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
It was at the fair in stuttgart when I did my germany trip earlier this year - all part of "the tower" which was a spooky, spacy, walkthrough, bar and the segway "coaster" above all in one! not a cred, but great fun!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Some of those turns look rough. It also seems like a pretty short ride. I think something like this could have potential for something pretty cool.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I'd certainly ride it, it looks quite fun even if a little too jerky but is it a cred? I doubt I'd count out.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
It is pretty much a segway on a track. I would give it a ride as it looks interesting but I don't think I'd count it.

BBH

Giga Poster
I'm too confused to decide whether I would count it or not. That's just... bizarre. ...And quite obviously not a cred, as others have pointed out.

I'd ride it just to find out what the hell it feels like.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely not a cred, but those tower 'rides' have have always needed something more to attract guests and get them to pay for a ticket. This might do it for them, but I don't think it will be a long term solution. They need to add something that takes advantage of the height of the towers.

Dar

Hyper Poster
A couple of friends were out at Dusseldorf and Tilburg fairs this week and they said this is horrible. It's uncomfortable, pointless and a waste of segways! :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
Probably the worst thing I've ever seen, why would someone want to build it? It's a stand-up Squirrel Nutty Ride with some hip techno theming. Or is this the thing now?

I'm worried that people on here want to ride it too. Elaborate! :?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Too short, probably has the worst capacity out of anything, and looks more painful than a TOGO stand-up. If this was longer, perhaps a wild-mouse track, I might give it 1/2 credit at most, but THIS? Not even close to a credit.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lofty said:
Coaster? It's a **** Segway on a track.
Agreed, and just to clarify:
Martyn B said:
Not even close to being a cred, and it looks ****!
Mysterious Sue said:
Really, people would bother to ride this thing? I just thought it looked really lame. Definitely not a cred either.
Ah, the joys of quoting.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
Kebab said:
Probably the worst thing I've ever seen, why would someone want to build it? It's a stand-up Squirrel Nutty Ride with some hip techno theming. Or is this the thing now?

I'm worried that people on here want to ride it too. Elaborate! :?
No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked ridin' something like that, man.