What's new

New trains for Tomahawk & retrack for Stampida

Smithy

Strata Poster
Good to see quite a bit of work being done on the upkeep of rides which I kind of expected to be not so much forgotten about but definitely near the end of their shelf life.

Those trains should improve Tomahawk and make it even better tbh.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Just got back from the park. Stampida was open and let me tell you that it was running butter-smooth on the portion that has been retracked (basically from the first drop until the double up). The once curvy-hills have been turned into elevated turns and the ride profile is a bit tamer, if you ask me. As for the rest of the layout, it's pretty much the same old Stampida that we are all used to. By the way, the blue track seemed smoother than the ride track.

As far as Tomahawk goes, both Mini-llennium Flyers are already installed on the track. Today, engineers have been toying with the trains/test dummies but there has been no testing (that I am aware of). If tests go well, I'd say Tomahawk could be open at Easter. Fingers crossed to those who are visiting the park.

In other news: Furius Baco is closed and shall remain closed for some more weeks.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
elephant58 said:
^Why is Furius Baco closed? Have I missed something?

According to the park, regular maintenance. To be honest, duing today's event the park were being kind of elusive when answering questions about operations and maintenance (in regards to Stampida and Furius Baco).

Hopefully it improves the coaster a vast amount. I'm not a baby when it comes to rough roller coasters, but Stampida was Hellish. I'm glad they're doing this, but I wish I got to ride it after the improvements rather than before!

sparky2u

Mega Poster
I rode Stampida only twice in a week as it was so rough & not that much fun. It's great they are finally getting some attention to make the rides smoother.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I know this topic is old but since it's the off-season, PA is retracking another portion of Stampida. Last year it was retracked from the first drop until the double-up. This year, they have started with turn after the double-up but I don't know if they will have time to do the rest of the layout...

e04qkp.jpg

25s8j0o.jpg

1t4qkh.jpg

1zxs29l.jpg

Despite all these retracks, what Stampida *really* needs are those Millennium Flyers. I am guessing that they might consider this, since the Mini-llennium Flyers that were installed on Tomahawk have had no issues.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: New trains for Tomahawk & retrack for Stampida

Yeah, I can't agree more, it needs new trains that don't bounce around the track and punch you in your stomach on the double up.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Please PA, retrack the whole **** thing because every ft of unretracked Stampida was trash because it was so violent. If the entire thing is retracked and as smooth as the retracked bit I experienced was, it'll be a good fun and re ridable coaster.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Just RMC the **** thing.

Stampida has an amazing layout to work with already. Just imagine an upwards barrell roll instead of the double-up, or an overbanked turn after the first drop, or a high-five element on the second hill... [/wishfulthinking]

:--D

Lofty

CF Legend

Just anything from what's there now. Stampida used to run like a dream - I loved it pre-Kumbak. They truly have ruined it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Good to see further work taking place on Stampida, the first half of the blue side is much more enjoyable since the retrack, we just need those trains changing now!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

oriolat2 said:
For those of you wondering...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/93DNH2TJ474[/youtube]
If the park was to ever RMC this I'd hate them to change the first drop, it's best thing about the ride in the back row, the airtime is violent. It's amazing.

Lofty

CF Legend
But it's actually painful, that's the key. Those retraints punch you in your stomach, it's vile. The airtime used to be perfect at the back, really forceful and fun and smooth, then Kumbak came along and **** it all up.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I reckon there wouldn't be enough room to RMC it. Maybe it's my imagination, but RMC layouts seem to take up more room that traditional wooden track, and with Stampida's compactness and close interaction with Tomahawk, I can't really see it happening without significantly changing the layout.

For me a good re-tracking and new trains is the way to go.