What's new

New Theme Park for Majorca?

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It may be another will it/won't it park idea, but the proposal seems a lot more in depth than most that we tend to see.

The planned park will have four themed area: Adventure, Tropics, Fantasy and Pirates, as well as room for later expansion.

Anyway, you can find all the information on the developer's website:

http://themeparkgroup.com/

The link to an online brochure for the park is here:

http://themeparkgroup.dk/Themeparkgroup_ING.html

Here's the proposed map and some concept art to get you started:

majorcaparkmap.jpg

majorca1.jpg

majorca2.jpg

majorca3.jpg

majorca4.jpg

Looks very generic and boring, actually... Same themes, same rides, same layout seen a thousand times before.

And since going to PortAventura, I feel that theme parks in spain have to try a lot harder than parks elsewhere due to the horrendous atmosphere created by guests vandalising, queue-jumping and park operations being so slow.

That said, I don't remember Terra Mitica being bad?

I can see the developers being stupid enough to make this like rainbow magic land, with elaborate surface theming that at any park would get ripped to shreds in months, but in Spain would be in pieces by the evening of opening day.

Dunno. Skeptical. Always nice to see new parks, but... meh?

I agree with Joey that it looks a bit bland and like everything else but I also kinda like it. I like the fact that they've reserved areas for future expansion, that's something I haven't really seen from other new parks in development.

Overall I'm quite sceptical it'll even happen, especially with the new paramount park in the works. Aren't the two locations fairly near each other?

^ish, but not really. It's not far from the mainland (about 150 miles from Barcelona?), but the fact that it's an island kind of takes away any "daytrip" audience it would otherwise have.

Majorca gets an absolute **** load of foreign holiday makers though, who would go to this park "because it's there".

The Murcia park has a different audience really; I'd say mostly local Spanish with the occasional foreign family.

^ You would be quite surprised how many people do go to the Murcia/San Javier area. It is just down the road from Chavicante, but far enough away (and there is TONS of brits)

Looks like it could be a good thing for the island, they have several water parks that do well, and they could easily get the revelers through the gates looking for some thrills.

Just looking at the map, it looks quite far away from Palma, so might have a HUGE down side. Put it closer to Palma, or on the out skirts, they might be onto a winner

This looks pretty boring to be honest, nothing in the plans stood out to me and made me think, "Wow". But still, a new park is a new park at the end of the day, let's just hope they can get more investors.

I thought Spain was bankrupt?

I'm suprised they're building/considering yet another park... for some reason I'm under the impression that a few of them are struggling?

But then, Majorca has an almost constant stream of tourists, which will coincide with your average park season, so it's probably not a bad idea.

More creds is always good <3.

Do people still go to Majorca? I thought that was kind of a 90s thing? Wow.

But yeah, got to agree with what everybody else is saying here, there is little to no originiality in theme, layout etc.

I do quite like the chilled out, Mediterranean feel it looks to have though, so that could be one saving grace.

^^The group responsible are foreign investors though, so Spain will have little to do with the financial side of getting it built.

They seem to be focusing a little too much on the theming, I only spotted 3 coasters (on of which being a wild mouse). A lot of the ideas seem to be rip offs of Disney as well. The pirate dark ride, and the volcano ride is like journey to the centre of the earth. Yea no ride really stood out. Oh well maybe the suspend will turn out to be a keeper.

nadroJ said:
Do people still go to Majorca? I thought that was kind of a 90s thing? Wow.

Magaluf? LOADS of people go every single year. It's heaving with the clientele that you'd want going to the park. From the thrill seeking teens (Magaluf) through to the family audience (Palma Nova).

Queen of the chavvy holliday said:
Magaluf? LOADS of people go every single year. It's heaving with the clientele that you'd want going to the park. From the thrill seeking teens (Magaluf) through to the family audience (Palma Nova).

Correct. Hopefully you can go for opening day and give us all weather updates ;).

I think it's great and I think they'll do fine. It's nothing spectacular, no. But Mallorca get's loads of tourists every year. And what do tourists do? (except for lying on the beach and partying :p) Going to tourist attractions like this one!

It's definitely... unique. Maybe not the greatest concept, but the themeing does look nice. Let's hope it looks just as good in person.

I've been to Majorca twice, it's a really nice place and my family approve of it. I reckon it will bode very well with tourists, and it gives me more the reason to be excited to go back! It kind of looks like a mini-PortAventura/Disneyland rip off concept, but hopefully when they get enough money rolling in, they can invest in larger attractions for those expansion areas. I can see a Sheikra clone in the near future fitting in a Spanish park nicely...

Mambaa said:
It's definitely... unique. Maybe not the greatest concept, but the themeing does look nice. Let's hope it looks just as good in person.

It's not particually unique :lol: but still, if theming does look good, it can turn the simplest of themes beautiful.

^Wait. Maverick is themed?

Since when?

Oh, you mean that puddle underneath it!

Wow. Never seen such a violation of the signature size rules before. I thought there used to be mechanisms in place to prevent overly large pictures?

On topic, most holiday island parks, mostly water parks, get loads and loads of visitors. I've been to one on Rhodes and one on Crete, and they were both packed. A day away from the beach not incvolving walking through an old city is really popular with the younger demographic, as well as families with kids. If there are no such parks on Mallorca already, I'd say this could be a hit. The problem is, though, if it's loacated inland, it must have lots of shade and water rides to be appealing. Any place away from the coast is a melting pot at those latitudes.