What's new

New S&S Launched El Loco

Temleh

Mega Poster
S&S have announced a new roller coaster to their ever growing line up:

http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/pr ... o-coaster/

It looks very forceful and a lot more interesting than the similar Premier S:UF clones.

Launched-El-Loco-Photo.jpg

What do you guys think?

JamesB

Mega Poster
If only BGW had gotten one of these instead of another clone. It does look intense but at least brings something different to the market, it seems these compact type of coasters are catching on.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm one of the few people who LOVES El Locos...and launches are one of my favourite things on a coaster. Combine the both and I'm a happy man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EmaM0cUAFY[/youtube]

Yeah, that's quite fab. It even has a rollback, of sorts.

Please bear in mind that last time I saw a new concept and thought it was fab, it ended up being the most vile piece of turd I had the displeasure of riding last year. That's Thunderbolt at Coney Island FYI.

I like S&S as a manufacturer and think they are a bit underrated. Powder Keg at SDC is good fun as is Tranan at Skara Sommarland. They might not cause goongasms but they're better than average and know their market place. And Screaming Swings are one of the best thrill ride types out there.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Looks good, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a launched El Loco.

And I hate them triple launches, it screws with capacity. Just make it powerful enough god dammit!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, looks pretty cool but the capacity might be tricky to work with. Less seats than the Premier Rides one and looks to be a longer ride.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The capacity will be awful, that's for sure. But if you're going to visit in the height of the peak period on a lovely summer's day and don't ride it first thing in the day then you've only got yourself to blame.

Capacity is a big box tick for all theme park operators so I doubt this will be a coaster that appeals to large sized parks.

peep

CF Legend
S&M usually create very uncomfortable attractions. This layout does look quite good but I can't imagine it being the most re-ridable things around. As others have also mentioned, the capacity would be atrocious <//3

Intricks

Strata Poster
^ Well, considering S&M typically involves some form of whips and clips, of course it would cause some discomfort that few enjoy ;)

This looks far more entertaining than the Superman clones, but it still seems like it is missing something, just not sure what.

Do you think those hills will contain airtime?

peep

CF Legend
^See, the perfect re-brand.

Hmm, interesting question about the airtime, you kinda get pops of airtime on the Maurer launch loops' drops, I can only imagine it'd be similar to those, or the tiny top hat on Anubis by Gerstlauer.

To be honest, I'm intrigued to see if any of the smaller parks pick up one of these (would the price range even be good for smaller parks?).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Definitely enjoy the concept - seems to have a bit more meat than the Premier launcher.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
peep said:
S&M usually create very uncomfortable attractions.

I don't think that really true so much these days. To be fair, they haven't got a huge number of coasters out there, and their newer ones, especially the newer El Loco trains, are a massive improvement. Regarding flat rides, I'd only really say the Sky Swat things could be seen as uncomfortable from what I can think of off-hand.

Is this the first time they're going for a launch other than the compressed air version?