What's new

New rides @ small parks

Well this is a bit of a surprise news; Sooty Land is coming to Crealy, with four new rides; “Sooty's' Magic Bus, 'Sweep's Flying Circus', 'Soo's Sweet Balloon Ride' and 'Izzy Wizzy Lets Get Dizzy'”
I'd have bloody loved this when I was a kid, my kids however don't have a clue who Sooty is. From someone who thinks IPs are a great way of getting people into your park I see this as a miss. Maybe grandparents taking their kids for a day out might be impressed (yes I realise I'm age shaming myself here).

emoo

Hyper Poster
I was going to do a side trip to Zatorland, but Hyperion was right there. More than a little dirty thinking that a worm tips the scales 🤣 Tough call.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
An update regarding Dennlys Parc, which is an hour or so from Calais.

Last year, they announced they had purchased land between their two largest coasters, and planned a new water ride and some smaller rides in that area, likely for 2023. See old post:
Dennlys Parc, about an hour from Calais, has purchased 8000m2 of land, between their two biggest creds Nitro and Furio, out towards their multi-lane dingy slide. From what I can gather, they hope to use the space for a water ride and a couple of smaller attractions, likely to open in 2023 (which is slightly longer than planned because of Covid).

B9726305929Z.1_20210310152508_000%2BG30HMTM4C.1-0.jpg

Source

For some extra context, this is where I assume the expansion will take place, and roughly what land the park uses currently:
View attachment 11409

Great to see Dennlys expand. Didn't really think that the plot of land wouldn't be owned by the park, since it's so tucked in. I wasn't big on the park, so selfishly I'm kind of glad to hear they're not getting another cred though. I'd assume a log flume would be a logical choice for the park though, and would suit the park nicely.

Interestingly, and a little out the blue, the park have shared photos of a new junior log flume being built:

The most striking thing is that it is not going in the originally mentioned new area, instead going elsewhere in park. Based on the photos, I'd say the star marks the spot:
1616240637629.png

Not entirely sure on the manufacturer, but apparently Universal Rocks(!) are providing the theming.

A mini log flume certainly adds to the park, though I would have thought a more "for all the family" one would have fit slightly better.

It will be interesting to see what the plan is for the aforementioned bought land now.

Ethan

Strata Poster
For sake of completeness, here's a look at the concept for this kiddie flume:

View attachment 16472

Source:
(Behind a subscribe wall)
If it ends up looking like this it'll be so so adorable and actually nice to look at! Hopefully they pull it off, I love it when little parks attempt small scale attractions with decent theming.

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
I feel like this should eventually be it's own thread but Rye Playland is getting a $135 Million refresh including New Rides.
The park removed
Sky Flyer (1995 A.R.M Ranger)
Thunderbolt (Chance Matterhorn)
Starship (Wisdom spaceship 2000)
The Flying Witch is also being relocated to Niagara Amusement Park

We don't know a lot of the new rides, The park announced that they want to open in Late May but this news report shows ALOT of work being done on the buildings and that the park won't be ready for a while.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Blackgang Chine has opened two new rides over the weekend- Shipwrecked and Evolution; https://www.iwradio.co.uk/news/isle...ive-at-uks-oldest-theme-park-blackgang-chine/
View attachment 16715
Hmmm...
1648114392691.png

I saw a different article last week that mentioned this, searched for 20 minutes to see if it was true, and found nothing. If anyone's got a source to if and when Cliffhanger is leaving that would be great - I'd imagine this park will skyrocket up the priority list for quite a few in the next couple months.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Unexpected news out of Norway recently - Hunderfossen Familiepark, the park best known for the coaster with the best trains ever and Norway's answer to Disney's castles, seems to be adding a new coaster. It's a tiny Gerstlauer Bob named "Fyr & Flamme", which translates directly as "fire and flame" but more accurately as "all geared up with enthusiasm". It may not be much, but it appears to have some custom landscaping and stuff, so I think it looks pretty neat. Might be an incentive for me to visit the park for the first time in 20 years, at least. Now there's two creds to be found there.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Unexpected news out of Norway recently - Hunderfossen Familiepark, the park best known for the coaster with the best trains ever and Norway's answer to Disney's castles, seems to be adding a new coaster. It's a tiny Gerstlauer Bob named "Fyr & Flamme", which translates directly as "fire and flame" but more accurately as "all geared up with enthusiasm". It may not be much, but it appears to have some custom landscaping and stuff, so I think it looks pretty neat. Might be an incentive for me to visit the park for the first time in 20 years, at least. Now there's two creds to be found there.

I have been in the area. Never knew there was a park there, just a big upside down viking looking thing.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Unexpected news out of Norway recently - Hunderfossen Familiepark, the park best known for the coaster with the best trains ever and Norway's answer to Disney's castles, seems to be adding a new coaster. It's a tiny Gerstlauer Bob named "Fyr & Flamme", which translates directly as "fire and flame" but more accurately as "all geared up with enthusiasm". It may not be much, but it appears to have some custom landscaping and stuff, so I think it looks pretty neat.

Might be an incentive for me to visit the park for the first time in 20 years, at least. Now there's two creds to be found there.

Surely that fab little drop tower is enough reason to move in??

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Who remembers Taka Waka at Freizeit-Land Geiselwind and the mystery surrounding what it was going to be?

Turns out it's a relocated Zyklon. Park's becoming loaded with coasters now, glad to see it.

Unsurprised at seeing this considering how a vast majority of this Park's coasters have a frame instead of footers.

Get excited, folks: