What's new

New Experiences at USA Disney Parks: TRON at MK, Epcot additions, and Marvel at DCA

davidm

Strata Poster
The computers behind this thing must be ridiculous!
Nah, they all fit under Eric's leg apparently.

--

So does the real-time nature of the rendering imply that there is going to be some sort of control by the passengers ; so someone does get to "fly" the Falcon - within boundaries of course. (Otherwise, why bother?)
Cool.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah I believe so, that's what Disney has said in the initial announcement of the attraction. I imagine it's gonna be pretty limited though, perhaps a few missile buttons and a bit of joystick stuff?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
^ Nah you’re actually going to be able to fly a real working Millennium Falcon and go into space and everything!
Well at least that would be something new! I haven't really been following the Star Wars Land projects so I wasn't aware what the main ride was until now. To find out it is basically another Star Tours is a little disappointing.

Pear

Strata Poster
Seems like Incredicoaster had its LIM's replaced with LSM's

127d756b2a307174d7b434ac6b2fa4d4.png

A look at the "new" trains

a8d48f289d44fc15653a2632a61fcb2a.png

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
That's very bizarre... Why would they replace the launch fins... And not even with Intamin LSMs?
They are LSMs? And LSMs are more efficient that LIM and use less power (despite being more complex).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's very bizarre... Why would they replace the launch fins... And not even with Intamin LSMs?
I always heard that California Screamin' had one of the highest throughputs of any coaster in the world. When you're launching a train every 36 seconds (source: RCDB), that's a lot of energy consumption. LSMs are more efficient than LIMs, so maybe they figured they'd make the switch while they had the chance, with a view to energy savings in the long run.

I can't recall if Intamin make their own LSMs or if they buy them in - could it just be that the park have gone directly to the supplier?

Matt N

CF Legend
It seems a bit bizarre, in my opinion. There must have been maintenance problems with the LIM motors, or maybe LSMs were more cost effective.

But it is bizarre that these LSMs sound more like the Premier Rides LSMs on the Sky Rocket IIs, for example:
As opposed to the Intamin LSMs, which make a race car-type sound:
Very strange...

Edward M

Strata Poster
I always really liked the aesthetic of Paradise Pier. Really a shame that it's being turned into Pixar Pier on seemingly short notice. Thematic cohesion I don't really care about; it's just that the Pixar Pier logo on the loop doesn't look nearly as good as the Mickey logo. Same with... just about everything else. But it will make Disney millions in merchandise sales, so, who can blame em.