What's new

Nearest cred that you HAVEN'T ridden?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
What is the nearest operating cred to where you live that you HAVEN'T ever ridden?

Mine is Caterpillar at Flamingo Park, Hastings - about 15 miles from where I live. I've driven past it loads yet never bothered to ride it. Last year I was even involved in an event that took place literally right alongside the park and still didn't get around to it. Shameful, right?

Let's see who else here isn't worthy of being called a coaster enthusiast.

Super Dragon at Treasure Island in Stourport on Severn I think is the closest non ridden at 88 miles away.
I actually have no intention of going there anytime soon as I'm never in that area.

There's a Wacky Worm about an hour from me at Santa's Village. I went there a few years ago, and only had a dragon wagon(got that cred at both locations).

Octonaut's at Alton Towers. I can't see myself rushing to get it at anytime either

Does the Mouse coaster on Blackpool South Pier count? Because it'd be that. Also, before Camelot sadly closed it's doors, it was probably Knightmare.

Twin Spiral Dragon Coaster at Knightlys. Was broken when I went and have no intention of ever heading back to the park.

All of the creds at Frontier City. The park is about 2 hours away from me, but I have never had any desire to make it down there to get them. I am doing it this summer though. Also, the Nightmare at Joyland Wichita, but I don't know if this counts or not, since it is obviously demolished and the park is abandoned. Never got it, we moved here way after that place closed down.

There's a small coaster (probably built by L&T, but rcdb doesn't list a manufacturer) in Gulliverlandia, Italy, a bit less than a 2 hour drive away. I have been nearby quite a lot (I think I've visited the water park next doors some 4 times), but that was before I was an enthusiast. Also, rcdb didn't have it listed until last year, when I've found out it exists.

There are also a few alpine coasters that also quite near to my place, but those aren't creds, so they don't count.

Dar said:
Octonaut's at Alton Towers. I can't see myself rushing to get it at anytime either

Was going to say exactly the same thing. It's 18 miles from my home and I can't be bothered.

I go past Billing every time I go into the main office now. It's about a mile away from the Big Apple.

Can't be bothered with a "sneaky lunchtime cred run" though.

Sandman said:
Does the Mouse coaster on Blackpool South Pier count? Because it'd be that. Also, before Camelot sadly closed it's doors, it was probably Knightmare.

No, it doesn't, because it isn't there anymore :p

I've never been to Brean, which I think is probably the closest geographically for me.

I feel like it's unlikely I'll ever go too, to be honest.

There's about a dozen kiddie credz within 30 minutes of my home that I haven't ridden and will likely never ride unless I take a CFer. Even then they probably will have to ride on their own, but I took many CoasterForce friends to ride Sea Serpent at Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park in Coney Island before riding that thing myself (with Hixee?). So I guess I shouldn't say never.
I would love to ride the classic Kiddie Coaster at Rye's Playland Park since it's such a rare cred, but don't know if the park will ever allow it. Other than that one there's also TL*3 Coaster at Adventurers Family Entertainment Center, Miner Mike at Kids 'N Action (both in Brooklyn), Verrazano Viper at Fantasy Shore Amusement Park on Staten Island, Ladybug Rollercoaster at Adventureland on Long Island, Dragon at Bowcraft Playland, the new Freedom Rider at iPlay, plus Sea Serpent at Keansburg Amusement Park and Tornado at Jenkinson's Boardwalk (both on the Jersey Shore), but the closest is Mini Mouse at Victorian Gardens in Central Park (which is only open in the summer).
Guess I could have easily hit a thousand credz by now, but having so many close to home is no excuse to start riding kiddie coasters. Especially since I always skip them, even at parks I've traveled halfway around the world for.

ECG said:
TL*3 Coaster at Adventurers Family Entertainment Center, Ladybug Rollercoaster at Adventureland on Long Island, Dragon at Bowcraft Playland, plus Sea Serpent at Keansburg Amusement Park and Tornado at Jenkinson's Boardwalk (both on the Jersey Shore)
lol, I may have *all* those :p (no shame)

The nearest coaster to me that I haven't ridden is this. http://rcdb.com/5665.htm - powered kiddie Minor Mike coaster in Clearwater. It's about 100 miles from me, I've driven past it too... On the way to the beach but I was with friends would didn't wanna stop haha. The nearest adult coaster to me would be Rampage at Alabama Adventures... Some 600 miles away.

Right now my nearest unridden cred is The Smiler, as I haven't been to Alton Towers since before it was built. That will be rectified in a couple of weeks though...

furie said:
Sandman said:

No, it doesn't, because it isn't there anymore :p

I'm behind with the times, forgive me. :p

Well, since I've got all the Blackpool creds, the closest cred to me is a wacky worm in St.Helens. Don't think that trip will ever happen. :lol: