What's new

Music Technology.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ I'm always up for helping out, just ask the questions you need answers to and i'm sure people will try to help.

In response to Sara's earlier posts:
unless you're going to work in production, the qualification is meaningless.
I think any knowlege is better than going in blind. But yeah, what the qualification gives you is the skills. We are all aware how the industry is, no-one in my degree is dillusioned enough to believe they'll walk into earning like Timbaland (everyone that think that drops out early). What a degree like mine gives you is access to good standard music studios, tutors who have all made careers in the industry and the ability to use the facilities to a professional standard. Production is certainly where i want to be, i could happily auto-tune Girls Aloud for 32hours.

Other things to consider are that many studios are going out of business so jobs are sparse
Indepence is becoming the future way to go, IMO. You must be able to work in as many area as you can to maximise your working potential, fingers in pies, and that is more achievable as an independant.

In responce to lol:
You're being an idiot, and painting yourself as such to anyone that reads this.

In response to Harvey:
This is a multibillion pound industry. Many, many people care, i know the Rollercoaster/Music Tech crossover might be a small group but i did start this thread in Anything Goes for exactly that reason.

lol

Mega Poster
In response to Inverse:

Massive bollocks.

OH! Surely I'm "painting myself as an idiot" when people read what I write, not what you write?

EDIT: Spammy rest of post removed.

lol, you're clearly just looking for an argument and have nothing to add to this topic.

I've asked politely, and you've ignored me. If I see you posting in this topic again, you'll get a ban.

Slayed.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Copy and Pasting from Wiki I see...
And I thought you were smart.

If you don't mind, I think the majority of us that want to use this topic seriously, would like you not to post here.

Thanks.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Right, lets get this topic back on track. Thank you Slayed.

I went to Musikmasse last weekend, it's europes largest Musical instrument and technology conference. I saw some amazing stuff there that will be released in the near future.

Google "Reactable", there are also YouTube vids.
It's an amazing modular synth/sampler thing that uses plastic "pucs" on the surface of a table to create synth patches. It's very interactive, educational and frankly fantastic.

And if anyone hasn't seen the Direct Note Access (DNA) feature on the next Melodyne, check that out too, it's gonna revolutionise Audio/MIDI interaction.

I also liked PreSonus' new little 16ch digital mixing desk, really easy to use and would be a great vaddition to any home studio IMO.