What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ No. The email I have received today from Nick Buckley says:

On Saturday the 4th at 2:30p.m. we will officially be judged to have broken the world record, a number of competition winners will then get to take part in this momentous first record breaking run. Once this is complete however, we’d like to extend an offer to you all for an exclusive ride on the coaster before we open to the public.

As I said, if any established member from CF wants to go along to the ERT session, I'll sort it out! Just PM/email me.

All I want in return is that you represent CF and bring back loads of photos!

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
How many passes you got Ian?

I might be going, but don't want to claim any until I'm certain and thus deny someone else the opportunity.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mackem Lad said:
How many passes you got Ian?

I might be going, but don't want to claim any until I'm certain and thus deny someone else the opportunity.

Loads! Plenty! Enough for family and friends as well.

A

Anonymous

I am actually BUZZIN' for this ride.
It doesn't go that fast, but im guessing, it packs a punch.

A

Anonymous

I got day off work so i will be there too, few family members and friend coming too, will be a good day :--D

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I managed to sweet talk a mate into going to Flamingoland in September.

So hope this puppy rides as good as it looks.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Hey all, this is a bit late but thought worthy of a post still. An also havent had the chnace to get on the net until today because of traveling and such.

Well was in whitby for the week and me and my gf decided to go to FL on weds (24th) we had a good look round the zoo and rode all the rides a number of times due to about a trains wait for each ride. we then walked over to MJ and noticed testing, and so me being the cheeky lil bugger asked if i could get a ride in, using the whole story of living miles away ( winchester (just round the corner from paultons)) the engineer and op's at the time agreed and we got to have a go =) in my honest opinion it is a good attraction for FL and worth the money they have spent suitable for all (but with height restrictions in mind) but was suprised on the amount of force. The drop was awsome and the sensations we great but i felt something was missing and still not sure what it is.

anyways all in all an awsome addition!!!

Rush

Giga Poster
Errm.... photographic evidence or it didn't happen.

I don't see why the park would breach many rules just to let two people ride who lived far away. I don't believe there have been any soft openings either or I might just be behind. It definitely wasn't operating in Pierre's TR from Saturday so I reckon you're talking utter bull.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
well op's were riding with water dummies on back row. also on the thursday and friday they were having a retails night where they were letting staff ride and then on the saturday they were opening the ride. this what i was told from many ops and also the engineers who were putting the ride though its paces. also how cud i get photographic evidence when i was on the ride myself?

Rush

Giga Poster
Yes, but WHY allow just two people on? Surely everyone would want a ride?

Also you know that they are opening THIS Saturday, July 4th. You mentioned you went Weds, the 24th and said they were opening the Saturday, the 27th which it clearly didn't. Staff surely get a ride because they are being trained on it, I expect they would be doing stuff such as evacuation procedures etc. If there are water dummies still on it as well, then they shouldn't be letting people ride.

Sorry, but I don't believe you in the slightest.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
well to be honest we all beleive what we want to beleive and dis-trust what we dont, im not out to change anyones mind nor am i here to lie and have a so called "war/argument" but it wasnt just me and my gf on the ride they did let a few others on . but like i said previously all the rides in the park were a walk and re-rides at times. also the infomation about letting staff ride and opening was from op's themselves i know its word of mouth so to speak but this is what i was told no more and no less. also i havent been on the site for a while due to lack of internet where i was staying and thus didnt know of opening dates so again i was going on what i was told at the park.

So belive what you want, i dont care if you belive me and think i am not telling the truth, why? beacuse well whats happened has happened and its my word against yours

end of.

hope everyone enjoys the ride.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
yah, sorry for the awful grammer and such, dyslexia kicking in lol. and that i type too quick for my own good.

Pierre

Strata Poster
They have give a couple of cheeky rides to a few people I know too, so its believable. Besides, its Lee (Undead Creature) whos actually doing the testing (well it was when I was there!), and I bet hes still an enthusiast at heart so could find it in his heart to allow it ;)

Besides, its Lee (Undead Creature) whos actually doing the testing (well it was when I was there!),

How the hell did you know that?

Anyway, the only people who have ridden it are staff and a couple of radio and tv presenters (didnt catch their names, too busy running the ride)

I don't recall anyone approaching me and asking for a "quick go" so if anyone other than staff have been on then something is wrong somewere.

Anyway, whats wrong with riding with water dummies? You get a fast ride without the screaming in your ears...

Tell ye what though.. I agree with Mr Snoo, it's as fast as it's going to get now and it's suprisingly smooth given the restraint systems painful looks.