What's new

Most underrated

RCF

Strata Poster
What are some of the underrated rides found around the world in everyone's opinion?

I honestly can't think of any myself cuz I'm having a brain fart :p

I'm sure I'll get an idea eventually.

DISCUSS!!

Rush

Giga Poster
I wouldn't say it's underrated, but California Screamin' really is a kick-ass ride and seems to drop underneath the radar; probably due to being overshadowed by Magic Mountain or people assume because it's at Disney it's "tame". I'd say it's one of the most fun coasters I've been on.

Snoo

The Legend
Cornball Express at Indiana Beach. One of my favorite coasters which typically goes unseen.. Ahh I can't wait to ride it again this year with some ERT. :)

A

Anonymous

Pleasure island in cleethorpes is the uk's most underrated park, for £16 you get some great rides (Vekoma Boomerang, S&S Space Shot, Dingy Slide plus loads more)

It was my first park and i think its as good value for money as Alton Towers which is £38

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Sometimes I think a ride can be underrated because not many people on forums such as this have been on it.

So I would say Superman Escape at Warner Bros is a prime example - after 4 years it's still my favourite coaster (tied with Blue Fire) and it doesn't really get talked about much. Although I was excited to read Tony's trip report when he went there recently :)

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
There are a ton of coasters I've ridden that I might rate a bit higher than most people, but I know that once I ride more coasters these rides will probably just end up getting lower and lower until they match other people's rankings. Here are 5 that I love and definitely think are better than what most people rank them, and I think these coasters will always rank highly with me:

1. Goliath, SFMM
2. Magnum XL-200 (A lot of people say this ride is overrated, but when you look at the Mitch Hawker Poll, which is what I go by, it doesn't rank as well as I think it's should. It's an awesome ride.)
3. Roar, SFDK
4. Gemini
5. Ninja, SFMM

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
From the point of view of how many GP's have heard of them, my favourite 2 coasters

EGF
The ultimate.

From a point of view of enthusiasts not rating it highly, that's just a matter of opinion, and since most rides in the world get pretty good coverage by so many enthusiasts, I don't think there really is an under rated ride, just ones that YOU like, that not many other enthusiasts like.

The only exception to this rule? Rides in Asia or other less western cultures that western enthusiasts only hear about from Gavin. But then they get their share of Asian enthusiasts probably anyway.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well since I never really heard about or read a review prior to riding I'm going to say Jet Rescue at Sea World, Australia. For a family coaster which highest point must only be about 10-20ft, it turned out to be really awesome.

The initial launch is fun and the booster launch is stronger than expected. All the turns are steeply banked and taken at high speed giving a sense of out of control. It's really fun and very re-rideable. More parks need to get them!! The perfect family coaster :p !

25493_1367349820661_1139133138_31105878_7927360_n.jpg

Raging Bull is slightly under-rated. I found it to be a good fun ride but the trims do detract from it allot!

Oh and Air, I always found it to be a really fun and decent ride.

Hm, I'm drawing a blank, but I thought Mr. Freeze was quite fun and it never really gets a mention. It's not a top tenner, but it's good.

Then I think Phantom's Revenge, though people say it's good, it doesn't get talked about as much as it should.

Though I haven't been on it, Boardwalk Bullet looks like a decent coaster but I literally haven't heard anything about it since it first opened.

Beast and Exterminator are two others.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Megafobia possibly?

Whenever we say britain, we think Nemesis or Oblivion as our best. Megafobia is amazing and should be mentioned more because its just as good! :)

I just don't think it gets much attention...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Phantom's Revenge most definitely...

And for a strange one for most people, Silver Bullet... Thought it was pretty decent...

Air as well...

Probs loads more...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Adz123 said:
Pleasure island in cleethorpes is the uk's most underrated park, for £16 you get some great rides (Vekoma Boomerang, S&S Space Shot, Dingy Slide plus loads more)

Its actually £17.50 :p

And to me its not that great, it has a good S&S Space Shot and Hydro Maxx, but thats it really. The Boomerang is ok but pretty rough and isn't maintained very well. I always feel sick when I leave Pleasure Island at the usual time of around midday!

Anywho, underrated ride.....for me, first one that pops into my head is Nemesis Inferno, along with Velocity, Boomerang's and Spinball.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Adz123 said:

It was my first park and i think its as good value for money as Alton Towers which is £38

Well what you gotta think is you can always get half price or BOGOF or discounted entry into Alton, you can never find more than £2 off for Pleasure Island. Also, Pleasure Island is crap. It needs more indoor areas and family attractions that don't spin. I love it, but only because it's my home park. I'm pretty sure if I was anyone else I'd say it's awful. I just wish I could implement all my ideas for that park! But oh well..

I agree with California Screamin', I think Calfiornia Adventure as a whole. It had a lot of crap but now it's getting pretty cool. I'm sure it's bad imagine will go once Cars Land and all the phases have been completed.

I think Geauga Lake is my main one. That park was awesome. If it was in the UK it would've been one of the main parks, but because it was overshadowed by Cedar Point so much, and lacked serious investment for many years, it was deserted when we went (about a month before it closed). But it was a really good park and it's a shame it had the fate it recieved.

Lightwater Valley too maybe, but a lot of people really like that anyway so I think it has the reputation it deserves as opposed to being underated.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Goliath at La Ronde is incredible, I've never had that good air time on anything (except maybe Xcellerator?). Scream at SFMM I feel is pretty underrated, probably because it's in a car park, but it's still really good.
I also think that people forget about Raptor at Cedar Point, which has the most intense helix I think I've ever experienced.

Can't think of any others right now..

HitnRun

Roller Poster
1. Storm Runner, Hersheypark - For a 50 second ride, this is one of my favorites. The terrain/path interaction is incredible, and the ride is a blast (literally).

2. Comet, Hersheypark - This classic 1946 PTC still has some major air kicks to it, and has good terrain interaction since its situated right by Spring Creek.