What's new

most uncomfortable seating and restraints.

CMonster said:
The seats and restraints on Pheonix, the inverting ship at BGT, are terrible.

The seats are just plastic benches with backs at 90 degree angles.

The OTSR restraints feel like they weigh over 50 pounds and sit on your chest super uncomfortably.

The lap bar presses hard against your thighs and tightens as it locks.

Overall, worst ever.

:O I knew there was another I forgot to add, but yeah that ride definitely is uncomfortable around the chest area and on the thighs. My chest was hurting for ages afterwards. :lol:

Intamin OTSRs are awful neckchopping pieces of ****, everyone knows how bad Huss Top Spins are, and Sky Swats must compact your bones from pushing down on them so hard.

dropthefloor93 said:
I dont really mind Arrow OTSR. the ones on Canyon Blaster did not lock down enough, and gave me a great feeling of airtime. However the seats were straight plastic when i rode it (2003).
I'm talking old school Arrow OTSRs, such as Corkscrew at CP and Vortex at KI. It's like really really bad sex.

I hate the restraints on Vortex at Kings Island because they are rock hard and on the corkscrews the train is going so slowly so it cuts into your shoulders.

The tiny OTSRs on Slammer are quite uncomfortable as they dig into your shoulders, well they did for me anyway.

I'd have to go with a KMG Tango - they aren't comfy at all and although the ride is good, the restraints could be improved.

The seats on Premier coasters are comfortable, but those restraints are ****ing terrible! Giant rubber blocks, with those horrible ankle restrains digging into your shins and ankles it's terrible.

The otsr on SAW is horrible! They are whey to low for me and I have to keep my back bent during the whole ride. Same goes for Top Spin (not suspended). Manufacturers really have to start making restraints that fit persons 1.85 m and taller!

Avalanche at Blackpool pleasure beach when i went a few years ago they were fine, but a few weeks ago i was getting crushed by it :(

I hated Infusions restraints, also hate Vampires.
Hearing most not liking Saw's I actually find them quite comfortable, then I think it depends on your build and being Male or Female.

I would say the deceased, thank god, Jungle coaster at legoland windsor. The restrains were far too tight on me an I am practicaly stick thin. I must have just been above the click, but when it went into a block break and we had to stop it slammed me into them. Not fun at all. Then there was the stupid roof casing......headpalm much?

Phoenix at Busch Gardens in Tampa actually gave me stomach pains after I got off it. And I didn't even get to ride it, because it broke down and they evac'd me; after several minutes of the painful OTSR.

The worst restraints for me are either the ones on Navigator or the Skflyer at Flamingoland. The ones on Navigator just slam right into my back and sometimes if you dont sit correct when they come up they are too tight. The ones on the Skyflyer can get too tight very easily and when it does that, it feels like there's no circulation in your legs.

Dragons fury at chessington! The restraints mixed with the size of the train makes for an painful ride. Also disko rides can be bad if you get in them in the wrong way. (my mistake first time around!)

In a bit of a different league is stinger at paultons park; I find that it hurts my spine but then again, it is designed for the younger crowd.

After my recent visit, Space Mountain at WDW is now high on my list. The seats themselves are ultra comfy, but there is hardly any leg room, especially in the front seats, and the T-bar is uncomfortable with the limited leg room.

I was slouched down, almost on my back, because my legs didn't really fit and I couldn't comfortably position them with the restraint.

CMonster said:
After my recent visit, Space Mountain at WDW is now high on my list. The seats themselves are ultra comfy, but there is hardly any leg room, especially in the front seats, and the T-bar is uncomfortable with the limited leg room.

I was slouched down, almost on my back, because my legs didn't really fit and I couldn't comfortably position them with the restraint.

Are you just really tall or something? Because I'm 5'8" ish and I seem to fit just fine in the train. The only discomfort for me comes from the sharp curves on the ride.

Worst for me has to be Infusion, those restraints are awful, they restrict your movement and cause loads of headbanging.

Air comes a close second, those awful restraints put loads of pressure on my shoulders and hips and make the ride even more rubbish than it already is.