What's new

Most Temperamental Coasters

Andrea

Roller Poster
I agree. That's why I only ride it durning nightly ERT :p
Right. That walk was vicious. I lived in owensboro an hour away. It was literally the most ridiculous job ive ever had.

Hi, just wondering, what are pictures of Legend and Thunder Run doing here? Are they temperamental?
The thinder run sit there for at least two years straight without running, no maintenance, just wasting away. I loved that coaster and it was so sad watching it rot away.

Odd, I rode that one and it barely spun at all. Those Gerst spinners are pretty hit or miss in my experience.
I have not been back to ky kingdom since it was closed for years over the super man drop ride cut off that poor girls feet. I was just reading that the owner's of holiday world were first in line to buy it but they wanted thunder run removed, as well as t2, and the twisted sisters. Guess that wasn't happening so they got out. Quite frankly ky kingdom has always been a little sketchy

The thinder run sit there for at least two years straight without running, no maintenance, just wasting away. I loved that coaster and it was so sad watching it rot away.
The legend was closed for some major updates. Some during the season, of course the day i was three. But apparently they have done nothing but make it a whole lot smoother. That ride is so rough

This is thunder run.

EDIT: Please try to string all of your posts together into one post. The forums become hard to read otherwise! Thanks. Hixee

Attachments

• 20190101_185522.jpg
    20190101_185522.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hi Andrea - please try to keep your posts down to one post. You can quote multiple posts within one reply, so don't need a new post every time. :)

Matt N

CF Legend
I just thought of a fantastic candidate for this: The Smiler at Alton Towers. It's the best example I can think of of a coaster where you don't know quite how it's going to ride until you ride it. I've had rides on The Smiler that have been amazing and reasonably smooth bar a minor rattle, but I've also had some that have been quite rough. I haven't even been able to work out which rows are rougher and which are smoother.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I just thought of a fantastic candidate for this: The Smiler at Alton Towers. It's the best example I can think of of a coaster where you don't know quite how it's going to ride until you ride it. I've had rides on The Smiler that have been amazing and reasonably smooth bar a minor rattle, but I've also had some that have been quite rough. I haven't even been able to work out which rows are rougher and which are smoother.
I disagree, the front is always bearable, any other row is disgusting. It doesn't matter what train, what time of day, what the weather is like, or if you got laid that morning, it's always rubbish.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I find Lightning Rod to be pretty tempermental. My first rides on it left me breathless and stunned in October 2016; upon a revisit in March 2017, the coaster wasn’t nearly as good as I remembered. I got spited from it that August, and ended up riding it last in December 2017; it was considerably better than last time’s ride, but Lightning Rod was no longer the top-tier insane coaster it used to be for me back in 2016. Referencing my old list of favorite coasters, Lightning Rod was #4 in late 2016, just behind Mako, Fury 325 and Skyrush... it’s now holding spot #20. That is, in part, due to the fact that I have double the coaster count of my late 2016 self, but also a change in coaster tastes and my more recently disappointing rides on Lightning Rod.