Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scooter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Swedish Chef

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
So, to settle an argument I decided to start a poll.

A friend of mine asked who is the most popular Muppet? I say Kermit, she says Animal, which I think is absurd as Kermit and even Miss Piggy are definitely more popular.

So, choose your Muppet.

And it's not a case of which is your favourite, it's which do you think is most popular.

Most popular is definitely Kermit. Even if he's not popular he's definitely most famous.

Favourite is Fozzie though.

Yeah, Kermit and Miss Piggy are defo the most popular/famous.

Statler and Waldorf are the best <3 Grumpy old men who just sit there bitching about everyone else... Can't IMAGINE why that would rub me up the right way.

Are Kermit and Miss Piggy really that famous now? I think Animal has always been "the cool one to like" because he's anarchistic. I can always remember seeing Animal tee-shirts available (right through the 80's, 90's and 00's) but never Kermit or Miss Piggy.

Kermit and Piggy are the spokes muppets and therefore likely to be the most famous, but I do think Animal is probably the most popular choice for most people, he's just the easiest to relate to and simple comic relief.

Personally, I think it's all about Beaker, his rendition of feelings is superb... Though again, it needs Animal to carry it off...

Over here, Kermit without doubt. He's the only one of the listed to appear on Norwegian television.

Also, could somebody explain to me the difference between The Muppets and Sesame Street? They are a little mixed up here, with Kermit appearing alongside the Cookie Monster in a few shorts from the '90s.

The Difference is really intent. Jim Henson always wanted to keep Sesame street and the muppets seperate. The muppets are much more adult oriented while sesame street is meant for children. With Kermit being the only cross-over character. The Jim Henson company makes the puppets for both.

Yep, Sesame Street is "educational" but the Muppets are "entertainment". Kermit is wet enough to be in Sesame Street, so he is.

Why not? Because he's from Sesame Street and not the Muppet Show?

That's racist.

He's a creation of Jim Henson's workshop. All of Jim's children are muppets.

Jim was very very adamant that he wanted the muppets to be separate than the puppets used on sesame street. The muppets were meant for adults while the sesame street puppets were for children. They are not the same

Creations of Jim Henson's Creature Shop (Labyrinth, TMNT, Dark Crystal, etc.) are not Muppets. Creations of Sesame Workshop and the Jim Henson Company (Fraggle Rock for example) are still Muppets even though Disney now owns the trademark.

Jim called his creations Muppets even before he got involved in Sesame Street.

Never realized before that Fraggle Rock was made by the same guy...

Fraggle Rock it is for me, then! We even have a building at the University named The Fraggle Rock, with rooms named after the characters from the show.

There's a vegetable in Asian cooking called gobo. The English is Burdock root. I can't help but think of Fraggles when the wife makes it.